Sponsored

Engine blew up

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
I don't think oil is the cause of blown engines. I think the early motors had some issues which got fixed in 2016 and up. As long as it's full synthetic I don't see any problems. I have a 2016 and its full bolt and tuned to 23-24 psi. Runs great. Saving for a built simply because I plan on good turbo changes but so far so good. Was tuned from day 1
2016's are blowing also. There will be More as time goes on and miles add up. Lots of new people to the platform and tuners learning new strategies/safe limits is why there have been more 15's as they were the first and been around the longest. . Lots of higher mileage long time modded 15's. The whole things been blown out of proportion imo.
Sponsored

LuckyJerk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang AT
Mine blew because of a lean condition due to being at the max of the fuel system's limit (on ethanol) and then spraying a dry shot of nitrous on top of that, in an environment that the car was not yet tuned for (66* weather). Lean, lean, lean = kablooey = #EcoboomGang :lol:
Damn!! do you know how much she was putting down to the wheels??

LuckyJerk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang AT
2016's are blowing also. There will be More as time goes on and miles add up. Lots of new people to the platform and tuners learning new strategies/safe limits is why there have been more 15's as they were the first and been around the longest. . Lots of higher mileage long time modded 15's. The whole things been blown out of proportion imo.
Agreed +1

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP 400A 10R80 RTR Spec 5 Widebody
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. My motor didn't blow bc it was an "early" motor. It didn't blow bc of the motor oil that I used. It didn't blow bc of my Tune or Tuner.

My shit would've blown up no matter what factory it was built in, and no matter what tuner had their hands on it, and no matter what oil was in it. My car blew up bc I was pushing the limits on a factory bottom end.

I think most Ecoboom "victims" - are just that "victims" - they're not able to take responsibility for their involvement or role in the car blowing up, so they're looking for finger pointing directions and want to place the blame everywhere else but HOME.

I chose to own up to my user error. I chose to own up to pushing the limits. I choose to not be a victim. So with that.... I had to eat mine. And then I had to call my wife and tell her I blew her car up. :headbonk: :paddle: :lol:

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Damn!! do you know how much she was putting down to the wheels??
No specific / verified numbers from a Dyno. However, based on an ET/MPH calculator that you input the vehicle weight into and your time-slip specifics, it estimated that the car was making ~477rwhp.

Car went 1.600, 7.3X, 11.3X on the 75 shot. Got about 30 passes out of it on the juice (and hadn't tuned it for the spray, like a ruhtard) before it let go. :ninja:

Sponsored

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
No specific / verified numbers from a Dyno. However, based on an ET/MPH calculator that you input the vehicle weight into and your time-slip specifics, it estimated that the car was making ~477rwhp.

Car went 1.600, 7.3X, 11.3X on the 75 shot. Got about 30 passes out of it on the juice (and hadn't tuned it for the spray, like a ruhtard) before it let go. :ninja:
Well, that's just a little over the stock block limit. Just a little. :headbang:

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost

HappySquirrel

W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Wouldn't be hot rodding if it was done any other way :lol:
What's the old adage for figuring out how much nitrous to use? "Pill it til you kill it, then rebuild it and back it off a bit."
:D

Sponsored

Mattrix

The Engine Destroyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Mustang
One thing I recently considered as another factor is the quality of the fuel I had in the car when the engine blew. It was the 1st week of November and they had already changed over the gas up here in Michigan to the winter blend. With the BoostMax you're supposed to have an in car dial to adjust the boost if you run anything lower than 93 octane. If you're running 93 you do not need this knob. I didn't have one and the gas wouldn't have been a true 93.. Again so many variables, I'll never know how it really went down.

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
All I know is that I'm secretly stashing away some money bit by bit for a built motor. May or may not ever happen but I don't want to be caught off guard with no plan. I like to drive it like a mustang not a Prius. Once I get Vargas on there I'd better be set for a bottom end lol

jc1804

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 50th Race red
MiDiablo;1791241 I had to eat mine. And then I had to call my wife and tell her I blew her car up. :headbonk: :paddle: :lol:[/QUOTE said:
what was her reaction? thats one I wouldnt want...it would be worse then the eco-boom at my house:shrug:

OP
OP
hipporo

hipporo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Koji
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 RubyRed
Hello all,

Just I want to update my situation. Please excuse my bad grammar.

Once I decided to go with the stock engine, my friend told me that I should contact insurance company if they cover. Long story short, they didn’t. This is why it’s been about 2 weeks since my first post. Now, my car is still at the dealership, and waiting for a new engine.

I towed my car to the dealership last week. Yesterday, dealership called me that they diagnosed my car. Here is what happened to my engine. A rod came out from the engine and hit the turbo… Now, both engine and turbo need to be replaced… :(

Something weird happened at the dealership though. I was told to come to the dealership because they need my payment info. So I went there. A service person gave me a paper which indicated what parts are needed (engine, turbo, oil etc), but no price on it. He didn’t ask me to sign anything. And then, he told me that he needs my credit card. So I gave it to him. He told me that he needed my credit card to begin the service since it cost more than $7k. However, he didn’t swipe my credit card. He just looked at the card and gave it back to me… I was like ???. I asked him “that’s it?” and he said “yes”. And he told me that he had ordered the parts already for my car… I didn’t ask him any questions (probably I should have…), but it was weird… Is this a normal procedure at the dealership?

The estimate is about $7,100, which includes engine, turbo, other parts, labor and tax. He said everything would be done by the end of next week. They will call me when the engine is taken out, so that I can take a picture.

[FONT=&quot]I will keep you updated[/FONT]

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Hello all,

Just I want to update my situation. Please excuse my bad grammar.

Once I decided to go with the stock engine, my friend told me that I should contact insurance company if they cover. Long story short, they didn’t. This is why it’s been about 2 weeks since my first post. Now, my car is still at the dealership, and waiting for a new engine.

I towed my car to the dealership last week. Yesterday, dealership called me that they diagnosed my car. Here is what happened to my engine. A rod came out from the engine and hit the turbo… Now, both engine and turbo need to be replaced… :(

Something weird happened at the dealership though. I was told to come to the dealership because they need my payment info. So I went there. A service person gave me a paper which indicated what parts are needed (engine, turbo, oil etc), but no price on it. He didn’t ask me to sign anything. And then, he told me that he needs my credit card. So I gave it to him. He told me that he needed my credit card to begin the service since it cost more than $7k. However, he didn’t swipe my credit card. He just looked at the card and gave it back to me… I was like ???. I asked him “that’s it?” and he said “yes”. And he told me that he had ordered the parts already for my car… I didn’t ask him any questions (probably I should have…), but it was weird… Is this a normal procedure at the dealership?

The estimate is about $7,100, which includes engine, turbo, other parts, labor and tax. He said everything would be done by the end of next week. They will call me when the engine is taken out, so that I can take a picture.

[FONT=&quot]I will keep you updated[/FONT]
I think you should ask more questions to your dealer on who is going to pay for the repair.Just Saying!
Sponsored