Sponsored

Coyote engine swap

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
Motor swaps are so cool. I put a 2003 Mach 1 crate motor in my 1997 GT. I want to put a 2.7L or 3.5L Ecoboost V6 in this one. "Want" as in I think it'd be cool, not as in I'll ever do it. (Or will I?)
Dude you just stole my dream! I've told everyone I know that 3.5L is going in my car. However isn't the 2.7l the motor in the ford GT? If so, that's the one.
Sponsored

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
Insurance companies here go off of the vin of the vehicle to calculate cost. So as long as the vin is of a 2.3l then they will charge as such. That said, if the car is totaled, your V8 swap is not covered in the value of the vehicle and you could loose a good deal of money. You can inform your insurance company of the mods and they will adjust the cost accordingly if you so desired to have the car fully covered.
Not to pile on, but NOT informing his insurance company of such a change could actually be grounds for them to altogether deny coverage. In all likelihood they only cover original equipment included by the manufacturer for that VIN.

Many policies require that you inform them of modifications.
Buyer beware.

OP
OP
Eco85

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Its insured as a pleasure vehicle , all i have to do is save receipts. Its covered!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Eco85

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
JL

I was just about to text you pointing to this thread...seriously, this has your name written all over it.
Interior was super easy to do ! The harness all have different numbers but look very simular in colors and wire gauge all connectors were the same as well. However i have said in this thread before that u can most likey just swap the under hood harness and reprogram all modules and ur good ? Someone else can try that. Remember tho each model has a different harness, performance pack, gt, v6, base vs premium thats why i never posted harness part numbers .

kiszl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Tripple Yellow 2015 GT
Congrats on an awesome build man, you're motivating me to start my own. What did you do to counteract the extra weight in the front added from the 5.0 engine?

DKano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
What's a ballpark figure for all the parts needed? I've seen some 5.0 engines for under $2K, just wondering what the rest of the parts would cost. This is a lot of work but a pretty cool project!!

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost
I was pricing out F150 coyote's on ebay, and I found a few around $1800 @ 30k miles too. Pretty enticing!

Sponsored

DKano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
I was pricing out F150 coyote's on ebay, and I found a few around $1800 @ 30k miles too. Pretty enticing!
I know right? Sure gets you thinking!! lol
Don't get me wrong, I like my Ecoboost, but I also like modding and I'm having second thoughts about modding this engine, knowing I can't try to push it past 400hp unless I get a built block. Getting a built block will set you back a couple of thousands more than getting a 5.0 engine!

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The F150 5.0 is rated quite a bit lower in HP/TQ than the 5.0 in the Mustang. Why is that? Different cams and intake? Or.....?

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
The F150 5.0 is rated quite a bit lower in HP/TQ than the 5.0 in the Mustang. Why is that? Different cams and intake? Or.....?
F150 cams and exhaust valves were designed to keep it cool under heavy loads but consequently decreases compression. Different tune as well. The mustang engine also has forged components like the crank as well to carry more power.