Long Run Nick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2016 ECB Manual Prem PP Nav CO "Orange Crush"
Fellow runner here. :)

I haven't driven a Miata, but that new RF looks pretty sweet. My only advice would be to also drive an 86/FRS or BRZ, at least for comparison (unless you're really married to the idea of a drop-top). I drove one, and while I obviously preferred the Mustang, I have to say that it handled and steered incredibly well. It's a bit underpowered like the Miata, but I guess that's what you're looking for which I totally understand. Also, depending on how much money you have laying around you could consider buying a used early FR-S at a significant discount and keep the Mustang! No matter what you choose I hope you enjoy it. I'm sure the Miata will be a blast to drive.
Thanks. I am hoping the bug dies, but my history reflects once smitten, hard to let go. Might be why I was smitten with my wife when I met her when we were 16, 58 years later I am so glad she has kept me around.
Actually, she likes the Miata! Keep running, it works. At 5'10"" and 145-150 pounds I fit nicely in th RF:) Nick
Sponsored

Qckslvr

fiercely mediocre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT
I would recommend that you test drive one. But then again, then you will want one. I too have had many Miatas some producing well into the 300hp range. (They are stupid scary at that HP :D)

I had a 2016 MX-5 track pack with Brembo brakes. It had FM springs and sways with 949 9" wide wheels. The car was like it was on rails, no body roll issues. I too thought I wanted the HP of my 5.0 Mustang. But alas I really do find myself missing the Miata and it's agile power. On my favorite hill climb, my fastest time is still with MX5. The Mustang is just too heavy to be a real canyon carver. :tsk:

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I want to pick up another NA before they are all riced out. They all are down on power though but still fun to drive.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm surprised no one is talking power adder. The MX5 is a little small for me but the biggest negative would be the lack of acceleration. I would think just a turbo and some sticky tires would make it so much better.

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
The RF or soft top miata would be a perfect second car but I 'd never trade my camaro SS or prior 5.0 for one. I need power in my life.
Sponsored