Sponsored

Help Needed- Convertible Top Alignment

ivonovi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Convertible Shadow Black, 17/Feb
So I am reaching out from sunny OZ for some help. I have spoken to my Ford dealer, but considering the lack of convertibles here, I am very doubtful of his ability/expertise to assist.

Here goes, with the roof fully closed i.e. engaged, there is difference between how flush the roof sits with the windscreen horizontal bar. Towards the driver side, i can barely get my finger half a cm through, however at the passenger side it can slide in nearly an inch ( see the attached photographs, also keep in mind that we have Right Hand Drives in Australia)

On the face of it, it seems as if the roof is sitting flush with one side of the windscreen bar...I guess the photo's should explain.

Any suggestions/thoughts on how this could be fixed
Thanks in advance
Driver Side.jpg
Passenger side.jpg
Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Never looked at a new top mechanism, but are there manual latches you engage to lock it down? My SN95 had some adjustments on these. It was like a J hook and you could turn it in or out.

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Wow, no ideas on that one - I haven't really checked out the top mechanism at all!
As above poster said, most tops have hooks that can be adjusted for alignment... I'll try to remember to have a look at mine to see if there's anything obvious.

White Stallion 11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Prem Vert w/PP, '20 GT Prem Vert w/PP
So I am reaching out from sunny OZ for some help. I have spoken to my Ford dealer, but considering the lack of convertibles here, I am very doubtful of his ability/expertise to assist.

Here goes, with the roof fully closed i.e. engaged, there is difference between how flush the roof sits with the windscreen horizontal bar. Towards the driver side, i can barely get my finger half a cm through, however at the passenger side it can slide in nearly an inch ( see the attached photographs, also keep in mind that we have Right Hand Drives in Australia)

On the face of it, it seems as if the roof is sitting flush with one side of the windscreen bar...I guess the photo's should explain.

Any suggestions/thoughts on how this could be fixed
Thanks in advance
A couple of questions--

1. Are you taking on water when it rains--stationary or driving?

2. Do you feel a draft coming through when you're driving?

RJ

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
I had a bit of a look at mine and couldn't see an obvious way to adjust - there are hooks that look like they might have some adjustment but couldn't see how

Sponsored

OP
OP

ivonovi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Convertible Shadow Black, 17/Feb
No drafts while I am driving...and no water in normal driving conditions. However when i took it for a touchless wash...it leaked pretty bad from the passenger side ( i.e .the side which had more of a gap) ...the other side was completely dry !

White Stallion 11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Prem Vert w/PP, '20 GT Prem Vert w/PP
No drafts while I am driving...and no water in normal driving conditions. However when i took it for a touchless wash...it leaked pretty bad from the passenger side ( i.e .the side which had more of a gap) ...the other side was completely dry !
Time to run it back to the dealer.

RJ
Sponsored