Sponsored

anybody else front tires wear out early on the inside?

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
At 15,000 miles on my ecoboost mustang and very inside of both front tires about to show cords while the rest of the tire looks good. Local dealer blew me off so fast it was ridicules. It is very obvious that this car alignment came f'ed up. I told myself never another ford if Ford wouldn't at least re-do the alignment under warranty before I went in to dealer. Hoping a Ford Rep will pick this up and make things right.

Dang Ford I will eat the tires as I dislike the P-Zero anyways but at least make the car right since it came this way.

PS, know wonder it turns so well

Thanks new tires tomorrow anyways, ain't riding on may-pops and don't like the gas bill on truck unless pulling the boat.

Sponsored

Last edited:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Camber is not the primary cause of inside tire wear, toe is. When you get a new alignment, minimize toe. The car only needs -1/16 on each side to hold itself straight on the highway.

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
have you rotated the tires at 6,000 miles intervals? If so you should have noticed that back at the 12,000 mile rotation.
alignment is not covered by the warranty by Ford, it is not the dealer who is blowing you off.
You said local dealer, is this the dealer who sold you the car?

OP
OP

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
have you rotated the tires at 6,000 miles intervals? If so you should have noticed that back at the 12,000 mile rotation.
alignment is not covered by the warranty by Ford, it is not the dealer who is blowing you off.
You said local dealer, is this the dealer who sold you the car?
No I didn't buy this one from them but spend 110K at dealer in 2014/2015. The new service manger and I don't see eye to eye as the last dealer she was at in 2012 she tried to void my warranty on my 2011 GT because the rear tires were worn 1/8 more then front at 11,000 miles. MT82 issues and tried to void after rebuild MT82 made it 26 miles before 5th started grinding again when I was trying to trade it in directly from rebuild. Made it through the gears a whole 4 times. LOL Well I send an email to Alan Mulally and he turned over to one of his people who I quote told me if we sold Mustangs that shouldn't spin the tires we need to recall them all. They flew a new MT82 in and car was good to go within 72 hours of email. So yeah I'm not going to get any favors from her as she was told to stay off and away from my car by Ford back then. Lol even had a special number to call for any further service on car. The service manager she replaced would've put on lift and at least checked alignment, he was good. So guess were I want be buying my 2017 or 18 GT? Waiting on 18 specs and paying down ecoboom. No long term trust for me in early built 2.3. Insurance will drop down on next renewal as wrecked Mustang falls off. So back to 5.0 time.

But really wasn't expecting them to replace and dealer would have turned in both tires and alignment if in the first 12 months and less then 12,000 miles. Rear tires lol one wore out at 7,000 miles. Yes I need to rotate tires, but I don't. Thinking that's about to change. But new tires on front today and going to try to rotate every 3,000 miles or at oil change. Turbo and oil is safe insurance.

Thanks for listening/reading my venting.

New Goodyear Eagle RSA all season but on toady, For the street they handle better then the P-Zeros and the back set looks good after 4,000 miles. Also no tire noise.

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
I've had this happen with easy too many cars and suvs I've owned. If not taking some camber out then might need to add a little more toe in. But different tires can wear so different from one to another. With very stiff sidewall tires too low air pressure can cause this too. Just keep an eye on the new ones. Maybe the all seasons will wear correctly.

Sponsored

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
I am starting to have the same problem and I only have 25K miles. Apparently, two dealers and mechanics have told me that the Mustang is designed with that flaw. Both dealers tried to offer me Camber Adjustment Kits which is suppose to mitigate or solve the issue. I escalated to Ford Corporate, but they would not pay for this kit or offer me replacement tires. This is due to the fact that tire warranty is separate. I have Good Year tires, but they denied my warranty claim obviously. Both of these dealers tell me that tires on Mustangs don't last more than 25-30K miles which is ridiculous to me. I am stuck with this problem now.

Last edited:

None2Slow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Performance package
I replaced my front tires because of this same issue. I had an alignment done at the same time and had them set it for longevity rather then all out cornering. A coworker has the same wear on his 14 V6. He just replaced his tires and was told that this kind of wear is normal with Mustangs with the factory alignment specs.
Sponsored