Sponsored

WARRANTY BEWARE

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
Power train warranty is separate from the bumper to bumper so your paint is still covered
And to be more clear, ford has to show that your mods broke the part in question. Alternator blows due to 8k rpm, probably your fault, paint bumbles because of aluminum/steel construction.. no your fault.
Sponsored

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Since we're talking about warranties I have a question pretty much avoided mine when I loaded the teen and long tubes but what my question is I have this little bubble in the paint on my hood I've noticed a few other members have it but I can't find the thread to post in it. I was wondering if I bring my car in for the paint defect will they give me s*** because I have a tune? I don't see why they should check the PCM anyways when it's for a paint matter.
Aaaaaannnnnd another bad hood! I posted on my recent issue, same as you have & will update when it gets fixed. Ford approved it. http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78703

Quality is not Job 1!

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
Since we're talking about warranties I have a question pretty much avoided mine when I loaded the teen and long tubes but what my question is I have this little bubble in the paint on my hood I've noticed a few other members have it but I can't find the thread to post in it. I was wondering if I bring my car in for the paint defect will they give me s*** because I have a tune? I don't see why they should check the PCM anyways when it's for a paint matter.
Despite what some people will claim on here, the dealer and Ford are not out to get you. If you have a paint issue, they're not going to check for a tune. If the car hasn't been damaged/repainted, it should be covered.

By the same token, don't expect the dealer or Ford to cover a powertrain issue that can be attributed to your tune. It works both ways.

ZanarkO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2000 C5, 2006 Eclipse GT, 2003 Evo 8
just do suspension mods and leave the power train alone
Sponsored