Procharger Supercharged GT350

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Holy crap does that sound awesome! Hmmmmm......
Sponsored

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I'll just leave this here...

GT350 Procharged VS. Corvette Z06

(It wouldn't let me upload it to the forum)
Link:
Finally, a GT350 with forced induction doing some type of brisk acceleration. I swear 2 years ago lethals supercharged GT350 was suppose to do something, and I waited... Several more boosted GT350s came in that time, and still I waited... Finally for this glorious day. Thank you to all involved in pulling off this impossible feat. Ford, the buyer, the builder, the event organizer, the recorder, the poster of the video.

Now that I got that out of the way, that car sounds absolutely amazing. +900hp of a stock motor is pretty brave too. Interesting to see how it holds up. Anybody have any idea what kinda rpm that car is turning?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
boosted vs boosted, Vette is lighter, they use a Dynapack so its not 900 to the wheels. A similar car at the same boost and e85 has hit 830 on a mustang. Vette is also an Auto so it is interesting to see what the car can really do with the Procharger. It didnt appear he was raging on it hard. Wonder if its stock clutch etc.
I was just going off the video description. Said 923.

Lexluther

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350
That's a possibility because I forgot. McLeod has had issues with the clutch. Maybe that's why he wasn't raging on it. Had the driver power shifted the pounding would of been worse. But overall a win is a win. And yes I know people, were comparing a modified gt350 vs a stock vett.
I agree I ordered a Mcleod RXT clutch and had to send it back. Mcleod thought the stacking height was the same as a GT, its not. The clutch stays near the floor and takes up really quick since there is less throw out bearing distance on the Shelby. Leathal says theirs is working fine and they are the beta testers so nobody knows why. Since their's was working on the tester everyone else got the same thing but its not working right everyone else sent theirs back in. Awesome customer service by Mcleod just have to give it time to be sorted out. I was told an RXT HD in its current config could only handle 600-650hp rather than the 1200hp its rated for due to the clamping pressure with its current stacking height. Frank or Fred I can't remember said they already did the single example and sent that out for mass production so maybe next month the right one will be out.

Until then the owner in the vid is going to have to take it easy on the launch to avoid slipping the clutch.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
So does anyone have a good source that will have a decent price for the Procharger kit?

TRE Performance has the lowest quoted price so far.

Sponsored

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
First known issue, guy broke a Cam cap, Lifter, he was at 830ish to the wheels on e70

maybe a defective cap, maybe a bit of bolt stretch / vibration.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Indeed, looks like crank gear took a shit first, then as they say, all hell broke loose. could have been worse. It was on a dyno with folks watching closely so at least there is that. Now he is going full build.

Sponsored

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Indeed, looks like crank gear took a shit first, then as they say, all hell broke loose. could have been worse. It was on a dyno with folks watching closely so at least there is that. Now he is going full build.
Thats gonna bee se bigggggg $

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Another Gear issue on Facebook. Guy had a procharger on his car for a very short time and when he inspected crank gear it was cracked.

For the love of all that is holy do not run these with FI and stock crank, and opg.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
So,...can someone answer a question for me. (It's probably been asked many, many times before, but I haven't seen it.)
Can these engines go past 8-9lbs. of boost on stock engine? Of course, one should do the OPG and crank sprocket to isnure they do not let go. I have heard a rumor that Ford engineers were having a tough time with the stock FPC and boost levels over 9lbs.
Can anyone with physical evidence, (links/websites), post them up.
Thanks!

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Many over 9, but most have rods and pistons dropping the CR. Several have reballanced crank. One F1A running like 12-14 on stock bottom end but not often. TT at or around 9 make shit tons of power so I would stop there myself.
Sponsored