Sponsored

Dodge Challenger Demon

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Ford is either 1) dumb 2) they aren't working on anything or 3) they are gonna let the product speak for itself.
I'm hoping for number 3 but I know the #1 comes to my mind a lot.
Thinking it will be similar to the unveiling of the GT350.
I think the teaser pic of the dash said a lot more than HP about the car. A little more deciphering needs done.

Stage, have you driven a GT350 yet? Curious to know what you think of it compaired to your s97 Roush?
I hope so too brother.

I have never been in a S550. Seen them up close, but never in one nor have I driven one. I would love to though. LOL
I hear the S550 is a lot more mild mannered then the previous models.
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I hope so too brother.

I have never been in a S550. Seen them up close, but never in one nor have I driven one. I would love to though. LOL
I hear the S550 is a lot more mild mannered then the previous models.
I wish you lived around here, I'd let you take mine out.
I loved the s97 for different reasons... but man.. I gotta say.... try to hold off for the next power hungry s550. The 350 feels tremendous... it really is a winner. There is a reason why the mags say the car feels and punches way above its price point... it's because it really does. It's something truly special.... I'm sure the next power ford will be similar in feel but will pull you back in the seat even more. It's gonna be a winner man...it really is.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I wish you lived around here, I'd let you take mine out.
I loved the s97 for different reasons... but man.. I gotta say.... try to hold off for the next power hungry s550. The 350 feels tremendous... it really is a winner. There is a reason why the mags say the car feels and punches way above its price point... it's because it really does. It's something truly special.... I'm sure the next power ford will be similar in feel but will pull you back in the seat even more. It's gonna be a winner man...it really is.
Thanks Jim, I really appreciate that offer. :cheers:
I agree about the GT350 cars. Very nice and very structured for what it's intended to do. They're one of the best looking S550 in my opinion as well.

I just wish that Ford would AT LEAST let potential buyers know something before most of the potential buyers look elsewhere with the new GT500. And they have. Look at all the guys on another very popular Mustang forum that have recently purchased or want a Hellcat if the new GT500 doesn't come out. I'm one of them. lol
I hold no brand loyalty, I love them all. My toy is the Roush and my daily driver is a '16 Ram Sport 4X4, regular cab that I ordered back in late 2015. (I was going to order the new generation Raptor, but I got a great trade-in and I didn't want to wait another yer or more for a new truck.)
Perhaps there is nothing coming out in the near future, hence the silence?? They may wait till the new platform? :confused:

Last edited:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Yeah, I feel what your saying. There is something coming. Guys running the forums know or there wouldn't be any threads.

I expect 755+HP and for the size and HP a great handling car. Ford won't bring something that loses to the Zl1. Expect it to beat it in all facets. When is it coming and what's the price. My thoughts are late 2018 MY then a solid 2 year run. It will probably be priced in the mid high 60s to high 70s.
Waiting isn't easy...I know how you feel.
There is some talk of it being announced at the NYIAS. Idk

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Yeah, I feel what your saying. There is something coming. Guys running the forums know or there wouldn't be any threads.

I expect 755+HP and for the size and HP a great handling car. Ford won't bring something that loses to the Zl1. Expect it to beat it in all facets. When is it coming and what's the price. My thoughts are late 2018 MY then a solid 2 year run. It will probably be priced in the mid high 60s to high 70s.
Waiting isn't easy...I know how you feel.
There is some talk of it being announced at the NYIAS. Idk
Yeah,....let's hope so Jim. I would love a new GT500 in my garage.
See, for me it would be bittersweet. I was going to order a 2014 Gt500 in Grabber Blue with black matte stripes in 2013, but I was afraid the insurance would be just too much for me to pay for as well as the monthly car payment. Hence, why I bought my Roush. I love my Roush. But, looking back, I could have afforded the '14 Shelby GT500 and the insurance. Hindsight I guess?? lol
Better to be safe than sorry though. I agree on pricing. I think it will be a 70K car. Let's just hope the ripoff dealerships don't add ADM, which we know is going to happen!!! :frusty: :mad:

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Yeah, you just never know and you never want to make bad money mistakes. Still, you have a great car, and it's very close to the GT500 anyway.
Yeah, I'm afraid ford will do a R version and won't sell them to every dealer and I'll have to pay adm for the darn thing out of state somewhere.
Ford can put and end to the adm thing, all they need to do is copy what dodge did with dealers. Give more allocations to those that are selling the cars rather than sitting on them waiting for someone to pay adm.
Our time is coming soon stage! By the way...please put your name in the box so I can address you as a friend.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Yeah, you just never know and you never want to make bad money mistakes. Still, you have a great car, and it's very close to the GT500 anyway.
Yeah, I'm afraid ford will do a R version and won't sell them to every dealer and I'll have to pay adm for the darn thing out of state somewhere.
Ford can put and end to the adm thing, all they need to do is copy what dodge did with dealers. Give more allocations to those that are selling the cars rather than sitting on them waiting for someone to pay adm.
Our time is coming soon stage! By the way...please put your name in the box so I can address you as a friend.
Yes, don't want to mess with big money decisions. We're talking 10's of thousands of dollars as you well know. And, I am no rich man by any means, but I do love my toys. Especially cars and trucks. LOL I always have. Even when I was little, I used to buy the muscle car magazines and read about them all. I could tell you what car had what engine and what year it was just by looking at them. LOL I also collected a bunch of Matchbox cars as well as building Mopar and different muscle car models.

My name is Tony, by the way. :cheers:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
A true enthusiast since childhood! Awesome ! I didn't have the money for the mags growing up. My favorite thing was getting those little plastic f1 cars with a little plastic bag of bb candies rubber banded inside the chassis..they were a nickel. Used to get them at a little corner drug store in Lawrence, West of you in Boston :) I grew up in Methuen. This was in the 70s tho. My papa's name was Tony:)
Thanks man

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I still do. Matchbox.....Hot Wheels........ :eek:
You still got your hotwheels? Those old redlines are high dollar. They were really big about 10 years ago and now prices have come down some. I had some rare ones I sold 4 years ago. There are some die hard collectors out there.
I still have a good bunch of them. Sorry about the OT
20170303_124533.jpg

Sponsored

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Found this in another article. Demon weight loss.

4 pounds, manual tilt/telescope steering wheel
2 pounds, removed parking sensors
16 pounds, 18x11-inch aluminum wheels with open lug nuts
18 pounds, removed 23 NVH components
19 pounds, smaller diameter, hollow sway bar (front went from 34 mm solid to 29 mm hollow, rear went from 22 mm solid to 19 mm hollow)
24 pounds, removed all speakers except front door speakers
16 pounds, new aluminum brakes: 2-piece, 4-piston Brembos (went from 390 mm diameter to 360 mm)
55 pounds, removed rear seats
58 pounds, removed front passenger seat
20 pounds, removed trunk lining and spare tire/wheel

Nothing truly innovative. But weight loss none the less.

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
Does anyone else think this horsepower war is getting ridiculous?

I definitely want a 1000whp car, but what would I really do with it other than burn gas and tires. 1% of these cars will be used for their purpose. Every person I have ever seen with a GT500, Hellcat, or ZL1 is an old geezer that drives slowly. They might rev the engine a few times, but that is it.

Honestly don't think I would ever buy a car with over 500hp. I use the full amount of power in my GT once or twice a week when getting onto the freeway and that is it.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Yep definitely getting insane on the HP wars but once AWD comes into play, the bar gets raised.

It'll keep going up until you can't get traction with all 4 tires gripping maybe?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Every person I have ever seen with a GT500, Hellcat, or ZL1 is an old geezer that drives slowly. They might rev the engine a few times, but that is it.

Honestly don't think I would ever buy a car with over 500hp. I use the full amount of power in my GT once or twice a week when getting onto the freeway and that is it.
Did you see these "slow drivers" on the street? Or at the racetrack? :)

Every time I step up in HP I like it. I do agree going from 435 straight to 1,000 might not make much sense. I can tell you that 526 isn't bad and I wouldn't mind a little more. The auto manufacturers definitely are working hard on traction strategies.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Personally, for me, it depends on how the car feels. If you can stuff 800 HP into a s550 and make it as fun to drive as the 350 you'll have a winner. I'd like an AWD car for straight line but it certainly won't come this go round. Maybe the s650 with an all aluminum body :)
Sponsored