Not open for further replies.

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Out of interest.. can you fit the stock exhaust into the GT350 once removed in one piece without cutting?
Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Out of interest.. can you fit the stock exhaust into the GT350 once removed in one piece without cutting?
Baginoman,

Yes! its a cat back exhaust.

Daniel,

It would probably fit but the trunk opening will not allow the mufflers to pass through.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Thanks for the vids! Leads to 2 questions...(1) any drone with the FP/Borla, and (2) are there hp and tq gains with the FP/Borla?
No drone that I can detect but my drive time was a bit limited. HP/TQ gains are supposed to be the same whether it is the FR system or the ATAK (according to David from Borla) and the charts are embedded earlier in this thread.

Thanks for that. In person, are you able to say how close normal mode of the FP system is to loud mode of the stock system? The Borla atak normal is said to be about the same as stock loud.
In normal mode the difference is insignificant. Minor change in tone until Sport mode is activated and the revs climb.

Sorry if im behind on this post, but is this connected to stock cats? Sounds great! :headbang:
Yes, stock cats.

The stock exhaust system doesn't get cut in order to be removed and it can be put back in at any time in one big, heavy, piece.

Driver 8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i Coupe
No drone that I can detect but my drive time was a bit limited. HP/TQ gains are supposed to be the same whether it is the FR system or the ATAK (according to David from Borla) and the charts are embedded earlier in this thread.

In normal mode the difference is insignificant. Minor change in tone until Sport mode is activated and the revs climb.

Yes, stock cats.

The stock exhaust system doesn't get cut in order to be removed and it can be put back in at any time in one big, heavy, piece.
You are a wealth of knowledge :clap2: Two final questions...does this system play nice with high flow catted LTs like Kooks or AR? If so, any preference?

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
[MENTION=23056]david borla[/MENTION] Any plans to make ATAK axlebacks for the GT350 valence guys on the 5.0? The Ford Racing Touring and Sport offered are WAY too quiet.

Now that we can get the valence alone for a reasonable price, there are no other axlebacks to fit it that are a bit more aggressive.

I cant imagine its more than welding a Y tip to the current ATAK muffler for the 5.0 to fit the 350 valence.

Sponsored

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Epiphany said:
Heh, yeah I meant get it into the trunk to get it home without cutting it up....

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350 Magnetic Track Pack
Just got the system from a fellow gt350 Facebook member. He says it's the revised version. From the pictures it looks like it is with the slight bend in the valve pipes and slight differ bend in outer pipes, comparing it to voodoos pictures on page 25 of this thread. Voodoo original valve pipes look completely strait, just want to confirm it is the revised version. Pictures attached.
IMG_2177.JPG
IMG_2176.JPG

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Yes it is.

OP
OP
Lisa@Borla

Lisa@Borla

Threads
Reaction score
Borla Performance Industries (Oxnard, CA)
Website
www.borla.com
First Name
Lisa
Vehicle(s)
-
still no feedback on this system and long tubes?
Hello,
I'm not sure if this is what you are asking for specifically, but we do plan on releasing Long Tube Headers for the GT350.

Sponsored

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I have read every post but I havent seen a clear answer regarding the below. Can someone please explain (Borla would be best to address but others can chime in):

- How does the regular borla exhaust compare to ATAK in normal mode? What about stock exhaust? How about in sport mode? Is there anyway to approximately give % numbers as to how much?

It would be great if on a scale of 1-10, we could have comparison of

Stock non R GT350 with resonators
Standard Borla/Ford Performance GT350 Exhaust
ATAK exhaust

And do this both in Normal and Sport mode.

I am considering these exhausts but its very important for me that the normal mode does not because obnoxious because my wife drives the car just as much with my young daughter in the back. One thing I love about GT350 is how amazingly Normal mode is quiet.

I have an Eisenmann Race axle back (just muffler) exhaust for my M5 and that thing is obnoxious. Its so bad that the rear view mirror shakes sometimes and you cannot have a conversation. The main issue is it has no valves so there is no way to make it quiet. I dont want the same problem again.

I also dont want to lose the vodoo tone, I just want it louder and raspier. Lastly, I dont want sport mode to be so loud that I just cannot turn it on in my neighborhood without getting pulled over because its illegal loud.

Lastly, ATAK seems to be the uber model. So how come FP model is more expensive?

I might come across as leaning towards FP, I am actually not. I want ATAK. But i m just afraid its so loud that i might become one of those people when they drive by people look with a "yikes" look on their face because its just so loud.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
From your "wants" list I believe all you may need is resonator delete or Corsa mid-pipe.

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I do not want to cut or touch the factory exhaust in any way. I want a full exhaust thats plug and play. I also want louder, just not obnoxiously loud and and also I dont want Normal mode to become too loud (a little loud is fine). This is not my track car, I drive it daily.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Then get the Ford Racing/Borla system. It falls in between stock at the ATAK system.

Done.

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Then get the Ford Racing/Borla system. It falls in between stock at the ATAK system.

Done.
How much louder is the Normal mode?

Also, after making this post last night I was watching the youtube video and it seems like the exhaust tone is actually different? More throaty less raspy. Does it still sound like stock but louder or does it sound different?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.