Sponsored

17 Stock manual Trans GT vs 07 335i Sedan

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
I have a 17 GT with manual trans, and 3.31 gears.
My friend bought the 335 specifically to build. It's been in the shop for weeks getting some things done. I don't have a mod list, but from what he told me it has a diff computer so I assume tune, and its running 14.5 psi.

We did 6 runs I think. I think the lowest was from around 40 mph, and as high as 60 or close to it. It was pretty much dead even every time, and I think I would have crawled away had we kept going. On one of the lower speed runs he pulled about half a car, but I was able to reel him in. I expected him to destroy me. He's probably mad right now, but I feel great!

What does it take for one of those cars to pull or hang with a stock Coyote?
They came stock with 300hp, but they were underrated. Car, and Driver had them running 0 to 60 in 4.8, and 13.5 in the 1/4.
Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I have a 17 GT with manual trans, and 3.31 gears.
My friend bought the 335 specifically to build. It's been in the shop for weeks getting some things done. I don't have a mod list, but from what he told me it has a diff computer so I assume tune, and its running 14.5 psi.

We did 6 runs I think. I think the lowest was from around 40 mph, and as high as 60 or close to it. It was pretty much dead even every time, and I think I would have crawled away had we kept going. On one of the lower speed runs he pulled about half a car, but I was able to reel him in. I expected him to destroy me. He's probably mad right now, but I feel great!

What does it take for one of those cars to pull or hang with a stock Coyote?
They came stock with 300hp, but they were underrated. Car, and Driver had them running 0 to 60 in 4.8, and 13.5 in the 1/4.
A 335i with a JB4 stage 2 kit might be a problem. Stock and stage 1 tune is not going to be enough to keep up with the 5.0 and a good driver. I m assuming a driver mod on the 5.0!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Its cool they let you vary your start speed at this roll race event. I hear they are becoming more popular at tracks.;)

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
I agree with the above...good tires, more boost will quickly make that 335i formidable. It sounds like a very good showing from your driving and your Coyote here.

The catch for your buddy will be keeping that thing in one piece and running. Ecven a completely stock 335i would be a liability after ten years. This guy better have deeeep pockets. :D

And yes, dollar for dollar, the Coyote, especially the '15+ version, has much more potential for tuning. He'll only keep up with you so long as you're stock.

OP
OP

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its cool they let you vary your start speed at this roll race event. I hear they are becoming more popular at tracks.;)

It's not often I do this. All his idea. I followed his lead and I'm sure he's very disappointed that a Mustang did as well as it did. He was trying different methods. Anything he could to pull away, and it just wasn't happening.

OP
OP

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree with the above...good tires, more boost will quickly make that 335i formidable. It sounds like a very good showing from your driving and your Coyote here.

The catch for your buddy will be keeping that thing in one piece and running. Ecven a completely stock 335i would be a liability after ten years. This guy better have deeeep pockets. :D

And yes, dollar for dollar, the Coyote, especially the '15+ version, has much more potential for tuning. He'll only keep up with you so long as you're stock.

He bought it just as a toy and I'm sure he's already sunk decent money into it. He drives a company 16 Coyote F150 daily. He should have known they had some power lol! I definitely gave the Mustang all it had, and it didn't disappoint.
Sponsored