OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
No? Let's remain silent on the issue and watch Chevy make a mistake again.

Since it is still being challenged that a real, 2019 "Z28" is coming, let's ask a very good question... Should it comeback being supercharged, automatic (likely mandatory now) and probably $20,000 more than a 2017 ZL1?

thePill heats that the "Z/28" Program is canceled yet they are stirring out there with a wing equip'd ZL1.

Call it a ZL1 Carbon Package and you can keep the Premiums down and eliminate Mark-up. Call it a "Z/28" or a "Z28" and you risk higher premiums and definitely ADM's will be applied to some if not all.

It's a legitimate question that Camaro fans don't want to discuss. If it's canceled then thePill was right and then... Oh No!!! If they go ahead and push one out it will be a cheap money grab for everyone... especially the dealers with the ADM's.

Or maybe this is just to valid of an arguement...

I believe it remains canceled and seeing the response to the LT4 z06, I think that's the best decision. If Team Camaro proceeds down the same alley, I'd expect all the same issues.

Heat, weight, MSRP and some major losses in the heritage department.
Sponsored

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
No? Let's remain silent on the issue and watch Chevy make a mistake again.

Since it is still being challenged that a real, 2019 "Z28" is coming, let's ask a very good question... Should it comeback being supercharged, automatic (likely mandatory now) and probably $20,000 more than a 2017 ZL1?

thePill heats that the "Z/28" Program is canceled yet they are stirring out there with a wing equip'd ZL1.

Call it a ZL1 Carbon Package and you can keep the Premiums down and eliminate Mark-up. Call it a "Z/28" or a "Z28" and you risk higher premiums and definitely ADM's will be applied to some if not all.

It's a legitimate question that Camaro fans don't want to discuss. If it's canceled then thePill was right and then... Oh No!!! If they go ahead and push one out it will be a cheap money grab for everyone... especially the dealers with the ADM's.

Or maybe this is just to valid of an arguement...

I believe it remains canceled and seeing the response to the LT4 z06, I think that's the best decision. If Team Camaro proceeds down the same alley, I'd expect all the same issues.

Heat, weight, MSRP and some major losses in the heritage department.
You really shouldn't be allowed to talk about weight anymore hahaha.

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
You really shouldn't be allowed to talk about weight anymore hahaha.
Did Chevy hit the mark with a 3650lbs 1LE?

How is it do you think thePill predicted a 100lbs gain?

Because they literally stripped the 1SS down to nothing and offer little options :)

Great on the 200lbs weight loss at the 1SS level. Swing and a huge miss on the 230lbs weight loss in the 1LE.

Was it worth it? Nah... most V8's sold are the 3780lbs 2SS. What you got is a lighter 1SS that you need to special order with zero options. You also got a 1LE that was 100lbs heavier than promised, as thePill pointed out. :lol:

Why didn't they hit their estimates on the 2017 1LE? That was where it matters most...

What about the promised 220lbs weight loss in the ZL1? They gonna miss that too?

How many people on the internet predicted the 110.7 inch wheelbase and a 100lbs weight gain on the 1LE before it happens?

I think thePill will continue to talk about weight. Both ATS-V and 1LE had major gains at the very end. I want GM to tell us why...

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I am. Fact is they still sold more. What was said is they can't sell them. Numbers are numbers if the Camaro was so bad, they should not have sold even 1 more than the Mustang. Not sure why it is so important that Mustangs outsell Camaro's in the first place:doh:
The first 12-18 months of a products life is critical. Depending on the strength of initial sales and demand, future improvements are scheduled accordingly. Since the Camaro's first 12 months have been -20 to 30%, the next 12 months could literally be the end of the product.

Keep in mind, the losses are based on the 2015 Model Year where the Camaro's sales were down due to holdouts and lack of availiblity. So, the sales in 2015 were very poor to begin with.

Furthermore, in order to beat the Mustang in the US just once, the Camaro had to slash prices. Remember the profit many people thought Chevy was getting for the Camaro? Well, they weren't higher than the Mustang to begin with but now that they have rebates... POOF!!!

It looks like Ford scheduled a refresh even before the sales got bad. That is just good business and I'm pretty sure you have seen thePill on the same page. No matter how great a product is, loses are incoming after 24-30 months.

So? What does this mean?

For the Camaro? Nothing good unless exclusiveness was the marketing angle. However, it was not. They intended on selling just as many as Ford sold Mustang's... maybe even more looking at the 30,000 cats sitting on lots. Why does it matter?

Well? The Mustang can support its own Motorsport endeavors. Ford can get access to unique equipment and the budget grows. More good things happen when you are taking in the dough like Ford is with the Mustang. Advertising, Performance Parts and even 3rd Party Support follows a strong seller.

Ford is better off setting their performance sights on the Corvette from here on out. The Mustang needs to make strides in that direction and leave the large Muscle Car genre behind.

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Now that everyone is up to speed.

"Z/28" Canceled for 6th Gen, as stated elsewhere, the ZL1LE program has been merged.

6th Gen REFRESH coming for potentially Model Year 2018. Yes, that means as early as November/December the 1970's themed 2018 Camaro could be at the Dealership.

Lot of monumentally bad decisions are being made back to back and in an alarming pace.

Here's some funny reading in response to thePill's report last Summer.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=470349&page=2

Believe it or not, the Camaro could be cutting other nameplates or option levels. The 6th Gen platform needed MAJOR reinforcement for the 1LE and I believe Chevy resorted to removing that support for marketing purposes. These are all very poor decisions...

That's all on this topic until 2021-2022 depending on how poorly the refresh is received. I hear it has more front overhang and it's odd initially.
Sponsored