Sponsored

Nitrous fill station

BMill705

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Anyone know where I can get a bottle filled in Louisiana? Baton rouge or Lafayette area preferred. Thanks!
Sponsored

cobrakid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CA Special GT 5.0
not what you are asking....BUT, if you are gonna use nitrous quite a bit......
I hooked up with a local gas company near my home, and they would deliver
the big bottles to my home, and I could fill my own stuff, and a couple other peoples
a lot cheaper. I did it by weight, and the old Freezing bottle, and let pressure work.

I think nitrous ended up costing me about $20 a fill on my 10 pounders.
It only takes up a little space in your garage..... and you can hook a few friends up
for $35-$40 and get yours almost free.

just a thought.... good luck.

OP
OP

BMill705

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
not what you are asking....BUT, if you are gonna use nitrous quite a bit......
I hooked up with a local gas company near my home, and they would deliver
the big bottles to my home, and I could fill my own stuff, and a couple other peoples
a lot cheaper. I did it by weight, and the old Freezing bottle, and let pressure work.

I think nitrous ended up costing me about $20 a fill on my 10 pounders.
It only takes up a little space in your garage..... and you can hook a few friends up
for $35-$40 and get yours almost free.

just a thought.... good luck.
That sounds like a good idea. What's all needed to set the big bottles up to use for filling? Looks like nitrous is going for $7.50 a pound right now but the couple of places I've found are all sold out waiting for more. Your route would definitely save me a lot of money.

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
That sounds like a good idea. What's all needed to set the big bottles up to use for filling? Looks like nitrous is going for $7.50 a pound right now but the couple of places I've found are all sold out waiting for more. Your route would definitely save me a lot of money.
You can usually rent mother bottles from local gas companies, let them know you need Nitrous+, thats the nitrous used in automotive field. Usually you pay a yearly rental fee for mother bottle then pay wholesale for the nitrous.

You could get a fill station with a pump and everything or you can get a mother bottle with no siphon tube, this will let you mount it upside down on a bottle stand and only need a filter and a few other stuff lines to connect to the smaller bottles you need to fill, shut off valve, etc etc . You will want to freeze the small bottles. If you get them nice and cold the bottle will literally suck all the nitrous in on its own with out a pump, especially in the summer when mother bottles are nice and warm. Sometimes though you might end up with a 8# fill instead of the full 10, but hey, you have a mother bottle, fill back up when you get home.

Also check your local laws and ordinances to see if there is anything special you need to do when storing a mother bottle at a residential address, where I am there is not, but I've heard of some places requiring you no notify your local fire dept about the bottle being housed at that address.

A set up like this is the cheapest way of doing it. That bottle prob has a syphon tube, hence it stands up right, but when you don't have a syphon tube you put it on a bottle stand or wall mount it upside down.

cobrakid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CA Special GT 5.0
yup, you can use it right side up, or mount it in a small stand upside down. It didn't
matter much when I did it, and I think you get more NOS out when using the freeze method.
I bought a real cheap scale, and just weighed bottles before, during & after.

so all you need is room in your freezer.... a line from mother bottle to smaller (with filter) and that is it.

JUST be careful, as it is cold enough to burn you.

OP
OP

BMill705

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Great information guys and thanks. I will definitely look into this method as I have a couple of places that rent out the mother bottles in my town.
Sponsored