Ordering Delay?

Powderd Toast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
17 Platinum White GT
I went to a local dealership on 21 Jan and ordered a 2017 base GT with spoiler delete and cloth recaro seats. I thought all was good, but when I got home I notice I didn't have my special order number to be able to track it in COTUS. I called the dealership the following Tuesday and got the runaround a little until they finally gave me a number. I tried it in COTUSand nothing showed up. Then on the 30th I called and talked to the sales manager and he told me that he put it in the system, but ford hadn't accepted it yet so there was no build number.

Am I crazy for thinking that it should show in the system by now? It's been 2 weeks and nothing.

Anyone else have this or a similar issue?
Sponsored

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
I'm not sure about the order process, but I know it was almost 3 weeks to that fast Bedford I had a VIN. It (VIN) showed up on the 17th.

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I just ordered my Mustang Saturday. My dealer told me it would be around 3 weeks until a VIN would be issued and at that time they know it's on the assembly line. Once you get the vin then you can check the status online. I am guessing it just takes a couple weeks until your car gets a slot to get going.

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
My car was just delivered to the dealer, just over 4 weeks. Hella fast!!

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Topic has been beaten to death.
Short story- you get to wait. Ford is not Amazon nor McDonalds. Ford doesn't give special attention to 'your' order because it isn't your order but the dealerships (although most dealers will place a customer order ahead of a stock inventory order). Others may post about Priority codes--that code number is only special as to that individual dealership in determining that dealers orders - that number doesn't effect when Ford pulls the allocation and accepts the order.

Mustang GTs are allocated. Much easier allocation then say a GT350 or Focus RS but still allocated. Ford has to accept the order and that takes a while as a few thousand Ford dealers Order Mustangs weekly.
Big dealers with more volume get cars quicker. A dealer with an accepted Order can sometimes change the existing order to match a customer's requirements and that speeds things up.

Most Orders are acted upon by Ford in 3-5 weeks.

Ford also puts some dealers on inventory restraint--no new cars until they sell some existing inventory in which case a new order is not picked up until some on the ground cars are sold. The fact that it is a 'customer' order is generally meaningless in that situation as a customer is not obligated to buy the order in most states.
Sponsored