xwoodx

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G8GT
Magazine racers know more than anyone else especially more than someone who owns the car there putting down. No need to have driven the GT350 our a camaro the magazines say it's true so it must be true. :lol:
Do you know what a double standard is? HAVE YOU driven a Z/28 or 1LE?

for 99% of the world, the best way to compare stats is to read what their capabilities are. Seems like some only want to believe the stats that fall in line with their beliefs and anything else is cheating.
Sponsored

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
Look at it like this. Thr hellcats claim to fame is dragstrip times. The GT350rs claim to fame is track times. The Zl1 at a minimum matches the Hellcat at the strip and it beats the gt350r track times.

In what world is that NOT something to be proud of? I don't like the Camaro, I will never own a 6th generation. But give credit where credit is due and don't be such a blind fanboy making excuses.
I'm not making excuses but if the ZL1 is supposed to be their "drag car" then make it a beast. But they can't! However, it looks like they're making it their "Jack of all trades" model so I guess that's alright. Still not a fan of it since I bet it'll barely beat a older GT350r at the ring and is neck to neck with an older Hellcat/GT500 at the drags.

I don't like the 5.2 at all. Sorry man, you don't have to accept it or agree with it. I hate the sound and the torque band. It's no faster than a 455hp Camaro either except maybe 1 or 2mph in the traps.

My comparison was also to the 2018 5.0 which we are hoping will have a nice bump in torque because DI and higher compression are known to do that.
If you're referring to drags, yes the GT350 is probably neck to neck with a Camaro SS with a higher trap speed. However, that car wasn't meant to be a drag car so it's no biggie. The longer gears and higher HP output for the GT350 suits the tracks perfectly.

Last edited:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
You can't even accept that someone likes the Mustang more but gives credit where credit is due.

But look at how close those power peaks are:

Car Peak Dyno Power Peak Dyno Torque
Shelby GT350 467 hp 374 lb-ft
Camaro Z/28 469 hp 438 lb-ft
Shelby GT350R 471 hp 376 lb-ft

So the GT350R is accurate but teh Z/28, which I believe had like 5000 miles on it (read, more broken in). The delusion runs thick.:frusty:
The z28 is rated at 505 and yet on the same dyno it made 2 less hp then an R that's rated at 526. So do the math.
Your a typical camaro guy. Why do you even post here.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
You can't even accept that someone likes the Mustang more but gives credit where credit is due.

But look at how close those power peaks are:

Car Peak Dyno Power Peak Dyno Torque
Shelby GT350 467 hp 374 lb-ft
Camaro Z/28 469 hp 438 lb-ft
Shelby GT350R 471 hp 376 lb-ft

So the GT350R is accurate but teh Z/28, which I believe had like 5000 miles on it (read, more broken in). The delusion runs thick.:frusty:

You don't find it at all suspicious that a SAE certified motor, making 505 HP, put down 2 more WHP than a 526 HP motor? Mind you another Z/28 made "only" 455 WHP/420 WTQ and that was considered a high dyno run.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/videos/a7915/2014-chevrolet-camaro-z28-dyno/

You honestly think the Z/28 only had a roughly 7% drivetrain loss?

I'm not a Mustang circlejerker, or a blind fanboy, but even I'm calling shenanigans on that.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Do you know what a double standard is? HAVE YOU driven a Z/28 or 1LE?

for 99% of the world, the best way to compare stats is to read what their capabilities are. Seems like some only want to believe the stats that fall in line with their beliefs and anything else is cheating.
The camaro guy is still magazine racing. :lol:

Sponsored

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
Isn't that new form of racing :D
No, record keeping of professionals racing high performance vehicles have been going on for quite some time. There are even publications that report some head to head testing to the public. ;)

These tests are every bit "real world" as the racing videos people post on YouTube or on whatever forum. Probably even better as they take the driver out of the equation.

The purpose of these comparisons is to attempt and show which car is better. I don't think anyone is going to debate that a driver can't win or lose a race with skill or inexperience. Just go to YouTube and watch what fanboys cry out when their favorite car loses to a slower car - they blame the driver. People understand the role a driver plays, which is why a lot of people enjoy these car vs car comparisons.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
No, record keeping of professionals racing high performance vehicles have been going on for quite some time. There are even publications that report some head to head testing to the public. ;)

These tests are every bit "real world" as the racing videos people post on YouTube or on whatever forum. Probably even better as they take the driver out of the equation.

The purpose of these comparisons is to attempt and show which car is better. I don't think anyone is going to debate that a driver can't win or lose a race with skill or inexperience. Just go to YouTube and watch what fanboys cry out when their favorite car loses to a slower car - they blame the driver. People understand the role a driver plays, which is why a lot of people enjoy these car vs car comparisons.
im not always big on pro drivers, theyre not going to get average joe results which is 90% of people including me. like instance when they compared the zr1 to the GTR. the zr1 was able to produce a faster laptimes but even the driver admitted the GTR was going to be much easier to drive at those speeds

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
Now the question remains..will they stay with that or will they proudly broadcast that, get all those ZL1 sales, and then unveil the newest, most capable Camaro ever..the Z/28...as ZL1 owners are still awaiting delivery of their cars?

GM knew the Gen 5 ZL1 was a superb Super GT car, but not really the best track capable car they could do..thus why they brought out the Z/28 in 2013. With GM openly stating that the ZL1 is the most capable and fastest Camaro ever..are they willing to show themselves to be liars by releasing a Z/28?
They did this with the last gen.

Every time they release a new "top dog" Camaro they say the exact same thing. They said that about the 5th gen ZL1 as well and then said it again about the Z/28. Technically they weren't lying as far as the Camaro goes at the respective reveal times.

The ZL1 IS the top dog for track performance at the moment for the Camaro. Will this gen's Z/28 (if it actually happens) be the same type of Z/28 as last gen? Or will it be a Z28 simple adder option toned down style Camaro. I feel like Z/28 enthusiasts would be angry if it wasn't as angry of a car as last gen. Although, those Z/28 guys seem kind of angry themselves anyway.

xwoodx

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G8GT
You don't find it at all suspicious that a SAE certified motor, making 505 HP, put down 2 more WHP than a 526 HP motor? Mind you another Z/28 made "only" 455 WHP/420 WTQ and that was considered a high dyno run.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/videos/a7915/2014-chevrolet-camaro-z28-dyno/

You honestly think the Z/28 only had a roughly 7% drivetrain loss?

I'm not a Mustang circlejerker, or a blind fanboy, but even I'm calling shenanigans on that.

It's a well known fact that engines (including LS) make more power as they get miles on them. I'm pretty sure, if my memory is correct that Z/28 had miles on it, like 5k. That could easily account for 10whp, maybe a little more. So yes, that GT350R could be making a couple more hp now too.

So now we have a 12-15whp difference due to being broke in on a car that is rated for 21 less hp. Sounds about right to me.

The Z/28 did have a couple of improvements over the Z06 too. Don't care enough to look into it, CAI for one, exhaust is obviously different. It will dyno higher than a Z06 too due to not having the torque tube setup that is known to soak up a few hp on Vette's. The z06 very well could be 510hp. Don't forget that not every engine makes the exact same amount of power, we are not talking about a couple horsepower.

:cheers:

xwoodx

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G8GT
I'm not making excuses but if the ZL1 is supposed to be their "drag car" then make it a beast. But they can't! However, it looks like they're making it their "Jack of all trades" model so I guess that's alright. Still not a fan of it since I bet it'll barely beat a older GT350r at the ring and is neck to neck with an older Hellcat/GT500 at the drags.
But it's faster than the dedicated drag car, the Hellcat. Also faster than the GT500 although I'm not sure that was ever intending to be a drag car. It does that while being a good road course car. It's the car to beat right now

If you're referring to drags, yes the GT350 is probably neck to neck with a Camaro SS with a higher trap speed. However, that car wasn't meant to be a drag car so it's no biggie. The longer gears and higher HP output for the GT350 suits the tracks perfectly.
Like I said, it does both.

I fully expect the GT500, if it comes to light to be faster in a straight line, perhaps on a track too. That doesn't mean the ZL1 is not a legit car as it's currently faster than everything it competes with in everything.
Sponsored