DMV area Ford Service

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
Looking for a reputable Ford Service that has demonstrated experience with Ford Performance. Specifically for GT350. I bought mine out of state and know my local dealer is not where I will take the car for any warranty work.

If you can recommend positive or negative I would appreciate the help. I have made a few calls but would like a personal based opinion.
Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
I don't have any experience with their service but I've seen Koons Ford sell several GT350s and they have a ton of mustangs on the lot so in terms of experience they are probably a good choice

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black 5.0 Vert
Looking for a reputable Ford Service that has demonstrated experience with Ford Performance. Specifically for GT350. I bought mine out of state and know my local dealer is not where I will take the car for any warranty work.

If you can recommend positive or negative I would appreciate the help. I have made a few calls but would like a personal based opinion.
Koon's Ford of Silver Spring has done service on my car but I don't have a lot of experience with them. They sell a lot of Mustangs and GT350s.

twpucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP Oxford White
I don't have any experience with their service but I've seen Koons Ford sell several GT350s and they have a ton of mustangs on the lot so in terms of experience they are probably a good choice
I recently bought a GT from them, then about a month ago went in to purchase another car. I also wanted them to install the power pack 3 at that time on my GT. The service tech didn't know what the power pack 3 was, then insisted that it wasn't a genuine Ford part, even after I pulled it up on their website. Once they finally figured out that it was a Ford part, they wanted to charge me $1000 for the install on what is a 2.5 hour job according to their own manual. I won't say to stay away, but I will never be taking my car there.

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
I recently bought a GT from them, then about a month ago went in to purchase another car. I also wanted them to install the power pack 3 at that time on my GT. The service tech didn't know what the power pack 3 was, then insisted that it wasn't a genuine Ford part, even after I pulled it up on their website. Once they finally figured out that it was a Ford part, they wanted to charge me $1000 for the install on what is a 2.5 hour job according to their own manual. I won't say to stay away, but I will never be taking my car there.
Geez that is stupid. Which Koon's was it?

Sponsored

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
That's exactly what I said haha. It was the one up near Baltimore, so not the one in Silver Spring.
I bought my GT from the one in Baltimore even though I live closer to the one in Silver Spring because they gave me a better deal lol. The 350 IM took me 6 hours in my garage with JDM's instruction kit. I'm sure they could do it a lot quicker though. That was my first time installing anything like that.

Last edited:

twpucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP Oxford White
I bought my GT from the one in Baltimore even though I love closer to the one in Silver Spring because they gave me a better deal lol. The 350 IM took me 6 hours in my garage with JDM's instruction kit. I'm sure they could do it a lot quicker though. That was my first time installing anything like that.
Yeah, you definitely can't beat their deals for buying. Not too sure about service though haha.

Yep, I wound up installing the PP3 in a friend's garage. Overall it took us about 4 hours with no instructions, but we sure had a hell of a time getting the brake booster back in properly.

50Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Corsair & 1990 Mustang GT. 2019 Mustang GT PP2 (Sold), 2019 Lincoln MKZ (Sold), 2017 Mustang GT PP (Sold), 2009 Civic Si (Sold)
Yeah, you definitely can't beat their deals for buying. Not too sure about service though haha.

Yep, I wound up installing the PP3 in a friend's garage. Overall it took us about 4 hours with no instructions, but we sure had a hell of a time getting the brake booster back in properly.
Could you take a picture of how the vacuum lines are? I'm about to tackle the install soon but don't have any instructions. Did your PP3 come with any?

twpucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP Oxford White
Could you take a picture of how the vacuum lines are? I'm about to tackle the install soon but don't have any instructions. Did your PP3 come with any?
Shoot me a message with your email and I'll forward you the instructions. They aren't complete yet since the PP3 isn't released still, but I'll send you what I got from FRPP.

Sponsored
OP
OP

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
Thanks. I got in touch with Koons in Annapolis. The svc manager said the right things, but I will see how it goes.

BLK16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT black
Not sure where to post this because I'm new to the forums.
I have some bolt on parts I'm about to install in my 16 GT ( intake, exhaust,suspension parts) is there a dealership in or near Baltimore that won't give me a fit about the boltons?
Sponsored