Sponsored

Improving throttle sensitivity

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
This has actually bothered me since day 1, not sure why anyone else hasnt asked but is there anyway to make the throttle more sensitive? As in it looks like the first inch or so of pressing the throttle, regardless of RPM (unless you are above 5500), has a significant delay on propogating that effect on the car.

Is this a function of the design of this engine (or more like limitation) or is it how the drive by wire system is designed?

Usually naturally aspirated cars have "razor sharp" throttle to the point a slight tap on the throttle will be felt right away.

I m asking because maybe a tune or a quick mod can improve this.

Thanks.
Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
This has actually bothered me since day 1, not sure why anyone else hasnt asked but is there anyway to make the throttle more sensitive? As in it looks like the first inch or so of pressing the throttle, regardless of RPM (unless you are above 5500), has a significant delay on propogating that effect on the car.

Is this a function of the design of this engine (or more like limitation) or is it how the drive by wire system is designed?

Usually naturally aspirated cars have "razor sharp" throttle to the point a slight tap on the throttle will be felt right away.

I m asking because maybe a tune or a quick mod can improve this.

Thanks.
You might be thinking of something like the Pedal Commander. They are supposed to increase throttle response, I believe. So when the throttle is say 25% applied, it's like having it 75% applied. There's been a lot of mixed reviews on here, some people love them, other's don't. I haven't tried one yet, and I'm still not sure how they work, but many of those who use them swear by them. It won't improve your times, but it will improve throttle response, or so I hear.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Pedal Commander is loved by the 2017 Raptor community. I am pretty satisfied with my 350R on sport mode for street driving

Sponsored

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
Throttle response is probably dampned to help keep the car easy to drive in low speed traffic. If its to aggresive then some drivers may find the car to jerky when trying to roll off and on thr gas. Thats why we have normal sport and track mode. Many manufactures have some sort of button or switch to change the dynamics of the throttle and even trans shift points.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Sport is already pretty snappy and the reason I never use it lol.

OP
OP

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Its not zappy guys, you should drive an m3 or m5 :) but anyways yes pedal commander is what I was asking. Thank you.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Its not zappy guys, you should drive an m3 or m5 :) but anyways yes pedal commander is what I was asking. Thank you.
Have you tried track mode around town? There's still slight delay at initial tip in but blips and whatnot are as touchy as I want them to be. I put the dampers in sport, though.

Sponsored
OP
OP

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Have you tried track mode around town? There's still slight delay at initial tip in but blips and whatnot are as touchy as I want them to be. I put the dampers in sport, though.
I have tried it and I think its the drag mode that is the most sensitive but I dont like what it does to the suspension. I think it stiffens the front and softens the rear and car rides really rough. I didnt see much of a difference between track and sport as far as throttle response.

I have been very used to the "sport plus" throttle setting of BMW's M Ccars all the way from E46 M3 to E90, F80, and F10. You tap the throttle slightly and the car breaks yours neck pretty much. Which i agree is a bit too much but the shelby is literally on the opposite end of that throttle sensitivity spectrum.

That being said I have watched the videos and the read the reviews of this pedalmax thing and it looks like it cures the problem and its perfect for me. I really appreciate for suggesting this, you guys are great. I will order it right away:)

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
This is one of the few things that irritates me about the car too. My tuned GT500s had aweeome throttle response and I miss it. I'm reluctant to get a tune for this reason, so I got a pedalmax. I have yet to try it out, but I hope it cleans up the throttle a bit.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I had an M3 and it was way too sensitive. My Mustang on Sport mode is pretty close in sport mode but it's "snappy" and I don't have as much control as I did in the M3, so it's kind of bad on top of bad.

The new M4 doesn't have ITBs and I wouldn't call it's throttle response any better or quicker than the Mustang in Sport Mode. Not sure what you're looking for?

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Be honest now . . . . This is really MCarsFan using a different handle, isn't it.