How to "lock-in rebates"?

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Your dealer has to submit the incentive numbers to Program HQ along with your VIN, it's as simple as that. Only your dealer can get them protected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red EB, Manual, PP, Navi, 201a etc.
So if I order a car, they can't lock in the rebate unless they receive a Vin?

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
So if I order a car, they can't lock in the rebate unless they receive a Vin?

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk
I didn't have my VIN# when my salesman locked in my rebates/incentives. :shrug:

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
When I bought mine in January Program HQ asked the dealer for my VIN. Maybe your name and address is all they really need.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I doubt very much that rebates/incentives can be "locked in" at all regardless of what the salesmen says. In my 40 years of buying new cars that has been the case.
They may say that they can figuring that they can get you the car before the expiration date or that the incentive/rebate will be extended. If you are ordering a car don't count on the rebates being the same when it arrives.

OP
OP
GTP

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I doubt very much that rebates/incentives can be "locked in" at all regardless of what the salesmen says. In my 40 years of buying new cars that has been the case.
They may say that they can figuring that they can get you the car before the expiration date or that the incentive/rebate will be extended. If you are ordering a car don't count on the rebates being the same when it arrives.
Hence the purpose of my question. My salesman and the manager (and other dealers too) told me that I will get any rebate in effect at the time of delivery, which includes NO rebate were that to be the case.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Doubt all you want but Ford does have an incentive protection program. You should do some homework before spouting off facts, call Program HQ and find out for yourself. Many of us had incentives protected and locked in, I used an expired incentive when I bought mine back in January. It's a Ford program.

Hence the purpose of my question. My salesman and the manager (and other dealers too) told me that I will get any rebate in effect at the time of delivery, which includes NO rebate were that to be the case.
Call Program HQ, your dealer is being lazy and isn't being truthful. If you order your car today and you qualify for the $1000 bonus cash at the time of order you are still eligible for it when you take delivery even if the incentive no longer exists. It is a very new program and not all dealers are aware of it, mine wasn't but I sent him an email from Program HQ and he e mailed them and I saw the e mail and replies. I was able to use all of the incentives that were available to me at the time I placed my order.

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP

mikef523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang eco, 17 explorer, 17 Jaguar F-Pace
If you have noticed on all the TV commercials for all car makers, when they offer the incentives, such as rebates, or cashbacks, or what ever they call them, the disclaimer at the bottom in very small print states that you Must take delivery by a specified date in order to receive that particular incentive. Not place the order. You must "take delivery". So, you get whatever is offered at the time of delivery. And as you stated, that could be None. I was told this also by me dealer when I placed the order. Luckily, in my case, I have family retired from Ford, so I got the car on the Z plan, and also got a $1000 rebate at time of delivery. I hope you do get something my friend.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GTP

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
If you have noticed on all the TV commercials for all car makers, when they offer the incentives, such as rebates, or cashbacks, or what ever they call them, the disclaimer at the bottom in very small print states that you Must take delivery by a specified date in order to receive that particular incentive. Not place the order. You must "take delivery". So, you get whatever is offered at the time of delivery. And as you stated, that could be None. I was told this also by me dealer when I placed the order. Luckily, in my case, I have family retired from Ford, so I got the car on the Z plan, and also got a $1000 rebate at time of delivery. I hope you do get something my friend.
Yes, this exactly, and hence my question. I have heard of the dealer somehow getting the rebate applied just a few days after it expired. But the phrase "lock in" have I heard only on this forum.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe

mikef523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, this exactly, and hence my question. I have heard of the dealer somehow getting the rebate applied just a few days after it expired. But the phrase "lock in" have I heard only on this forum.
I understand. And I'm sorry I can't help you regarding that "lock in" procedure. But what puzzles me is the fact that these car companies make these offers, knowing full well that we, as the customer, have no idea when we are going to take delivery of the vehicles we have already made a deal on. There are so many factors that determine when the vehicle could be delivered. Problems at the assembly plant, lack of parts, quality control issues, just to name a few.
So, for many of us, we have chosen to make the purchase at that particular time, simply based on the incentive that is offered, Only to be told that it may not be available when we take delivery. This comes off to me as being somewhat "suspicious" on the part of the car company. "shady dealing" if you ask me.
Whatever incentives are offered, should be honored at the time the deal has been made, Not at the time of delivery.

mikef523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Read through this thread and see how a lot of us got our incentives protected since a few of you don't believe it can be done.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14678

I read through several of those posts, and I can see there is a way to get protected from losing it. But, I still stand by my statement that it should be honored at the time the deal has been made. You should Not have to go through all this to assure you won't lose it. Thanks for the info just the same.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6