Sponsored

Grill delete question

FFPM46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
What's up everyone!

I have a 16 GT PP and I want to do a grill delete. I was wondering should I be concerned about bugs, rocks, debree hitting the radiator? I want to open up the upper and lower grill.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

bumada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Package
There are massive holes in the grill so I don't see it as a big deal.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Yea it looks awesome but i won't be doing it because i like my radiator/condenser damage free.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Grill delete is a great idea as long as you drive on roads with zero debris on them. (or maybe carry a spare radiator with you).

Sponsored

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
I just did mine but then again it's not a dd. If you do a lot of highway driving id be a bit nervous, but for city streets you should be fine.

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
I'd be more worried about high speeds creating excessive lift. I know I've read somewhere that ford designed the car to only allow so much air in and back out through the heat extractors. Not sure if anyone has some experience with it that cares to comment. This was a primary concern for me followed by potentially damaging the rad.

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I'd be more worried about high speeds creating excessive lift. I know I've read somewhere that ford designed the car to only allow so much air in and back out through the heat extractors. Not sure if anyone has some experience with it that cares to comment. This was a primary concern for me followed by potentially damaging the rad.
I can't say I've gotten our EcoBoost up to speeds high enough to matter, but I haven't noticed any adverse effects. We also don't have the heat extractors, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

Nick C.

Murdered_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
15 Premium PP Ecoboost
I have done a grille delete with custom car grilles mesh, and it is the best of both sides. It opens up the grille, but also protects the radiator with the mesh. It comes pre-bent, so you might want to look into something like that if you are concerned about debris hitting the radiator!