Sponsored

2016 Shelby GT350 Allocations

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
[UPDATE]: See the 2016 Shelby GT350 and GT350R Allocation Plan, courtesy of FPCV8YO.

Is there anyway to verify a dealers allocation I have some leads on cars but most are saying april delivery. What is the production schedule for 2016 gt350?
Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Is there anyway to verify a dealers allocation I have some leads on cars but most are saying april delivery. What is the production schedule for 2016 gt350?
Have them show you the DORA for verification?

Production schedule? It's going to run the full year, except for the R which won't be built from November to February.

OMGPonies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Track Pack
I would be curious to hear from others who might have more inside knowledge than me, but I can at least speak from my experience ordering a car and then ultimately canceling because my dealership couldn't provide any proof of the allocation.

First dealership I worked with happily took my deposit, but even when I reminded them that I expected a purchase agreement and a simple deposit receipt... they failed to provide either and instead would only respond with emails saying that my car wouldn't be sold to anyone else. I can't say for certain that they did not have an allocation for the car they were selling me but it certainly did not sit well with me when no documentation came forward. I ended up asking for my deposit back and they agreed without bothering to defend their position... so they either were tired of my nagging about paperwork and happy to see me go or maybe they couldn't defend it because no car existed?

I am now working with a dealership and order that I took over from a gracious member on here and the difference has been night and day! They immediately provided me with a signed purchase agreement and order summary to confirm that they got options correct.

It is my understanding that eventually some paperwork from Ford should get to me, and the order should show up in the online system at some point in the process as well. As far as being confident the dealership has an allocation to begin with- I'd recommend making sure the dealership will provide a signed purchase agreement. Although this doesn't confirm the allocation on Ford's end it does show some commitment.

goodkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2014 Polar Edition Wrangler; 2005 350Z
Next April delivery would be perfect for me.....(need time to increase down deposit, avoid winter, etc.)

Most dealers I'm speaking to are 100% clueless as to when delivery would be if I placed an order today. Most state that typical delivery is 6-8 weeks. When I state that I don't believe the GT350 assembly and delivery obeys those rules they just shrug. Frustrating.

Sponsored

scungilio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Why make the "allocation" the buyers hurdle when it is in reality the retailers problem. Retailer X has no car buyer moves on to retailer Y who does, done. Wait and find a car in stock and bypass all this ridiculous nonsense.

blondie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang V6
Next April delivery would be perfect for me.....(need time to increase down deposit, avoid winter, etc.)

y'know at first I didnt want to wait so long but i have decided this is the only good thing about it.

- via Tapatalk App

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
WUT? Did I miss something? Please explain.
Earlier literature eluded to a production pause during this timeframe presumably due to summer spec tires on the R and the associated liability issues.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
WUT? Did I miss something? Please explain.
Not sure the source, this has been floating around for a long time. Seems reasonable.
Screen Shot 2015-09-07 at 7.30.03 AM.png

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Not sure the source, this has been floating around for a long time. Seems reasonable.
I received that directly from a dealer.

Sponsored

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
then I sure hope my R build date doesn't slip back any more...it's already been pushed from aug 24 to oct 12...

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Why make the "allocation" the buyers hurdle when it is in reality the retailers problem. Retailer X has no car buyer moves on to retailer Y who does, done. Wait and find a car in stock and bypass all this ridiculous nonsense.
Your hilarious...wait until there in stock.:lol::lol:.if does that he will most certainly be waiting or pay a huge ADM:lol::lol::lol: your funny:thumbsup:

needspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Challenger Hellcat - Tored
As stated above, my dealer will get at least one for 16 and one for 17 due to enrollment in the program and it is mine.

I am in Iowa and his regional rep has not given any dealers an allocation for a build slot as yet.

I know I will get a 16 build car, but I figure it will be early next year at best.

My dealer waited 7 months on his first and only Hellcat and then out of the blue got a second one which he called me on right away and I took it.

What the hell life is short.......Steve
Sponsored