Sponsored

2016 Shelby GT350/GT350R Media Drives & Reviews (CHECK FIRST POST)

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Track/Tech Pack guys, stop comparing you(wieners)self to the R. You got the base MR car for a reason. Tires tires tires tires tires. I bet a reasonably competent intermediate driver could be faster in a base Track Pack with wheels and Hoosier slicks than an R with Sport Cup 2 s or at least be darn close in times. I couldn't care less about trying to make my Track Pack car an R wannabe. I got the base Track Pack for a reason and am going to do my best with what I'm getting which is...a facking lot and for that I'm greatful.
Sponsored

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
[ame]

I respect the lady at the end but I wish people would quit calling every Shelby a cobra mustang....... They did it in 07 with the gt500 and every time i hear it I want to cringe

Last edited:

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT

My comment earlier about comparing non R to R tires was aimed at the guy who was worried about the reviews saying the non R wasn't as good. I just wanted him to know that probably anyone but a pro driver wouldn't be able to run any better with a stock R versus a non R with R comps.

I'm not saying that comparing OEM to OEM is wrong, I was just saying not to worry too much about what the journalists and pro drivers say. The non R is still going to be an awesome car, and as a future non R owner, he shouldn't sweat it.

Sponsored

blondie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang V6
Track/Tech Pack guys, stop comparing you(wieners)self to the R. You got the base MR car for a reason. Tires tires tires tires tires. I bet a reasonably competent intermediate driver could be faster in a base Track Pack with wheels and Hoosier slicks than an R with Sport Cup 2 s or at least be darn close in times. I couldn't care less about trying to make my Track Pack car an R wannabe. I got the base Track Pack for a reason and am going to do my best with what I'm getting which is...a facking lot and for that I'm greatful.

i also dont get why you would want to make it look like an R when its not, whats wrong with having a tech pack that looks like a tech pack? But everyone should do with their cars whatever they like, as long as they post about so we all get to see what thats like.

- via Tapatalk App

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Well I think it's safe to say that if an R is easily available without huge markups then more would buy it. Or if the non-R would have been available with Track+Tech combined then it would also sell well. Or if more a la carte items were available then it would be better to custom configure for each one of us.

In my case, the Track is more desirable than the Tech pkg. Although I wish I could both could be packaged together for a non-R since an R is unobtanium for the most part.

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Well I think it's safe to say that if an R is easily available without huge markups then more would buy it. Or if the non-R would have been available with Track+Tech combined then it would also sell well. Or if more a la carte items were available then it would be better to custom configure for each one of us.

In my case, the Track is more desirable than the Tech pkg. Although I wish I could both could be packaged together for a non-R since an R is unobtanium for the most part.

Agreed. I'd love the tech pack with Recaros and the auxiliary coolers. It does make the R more desirable and collectible though. So, I don't like it, but can appreciate it.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Agreed. I'd love the tech pack with Recaros and the auxiliary coolers. It does make the R more desirable and collectible though. So, I don't like it, but can appreciate it.
If you can wait until 17 you can get the best of the Tech and Track in one packsge. The seats will be Recaros.

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT

If you can wait until 17 you can get the best of the Tech and Track in one packsge. The seats will be Recaros.

Any way you can validate this claim? That would be great. I'm waiting until 17 anyway. I'm friends with a smaller dealership, and they're getting one per year. I opted for the 17 just in case something new was offered/first year recalls and weak points could possibly be addressed.

Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
There will be package changes, but I doubt they'll be very drastic. They clearly want to sell you an R if you want both track+technology packages (ignoring limited availability of Rs). It's going to be along the lines of "turn signal mirrors now standard".

I'm sure that nobody without a Ford employee badge knows what they're planning exactly for '17; except of course that seats will also be stuff with unicorn hair. Everybody knows that.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
It is amazing how you can get sucked into this. Reading most of the reviews, it made me wonder why I would order anything but an R. Gotta get the best! But wait a minute...$10K more, higher maintenance cost, noisier DD, higher insurance cost, no back seats, I'd probably start another expensive hobby I had no intention to do, and the freaking tech pack is more car than I'll likely be able to handle anyway. Phew, that was close.

radelow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Besides the aftermarket will very quickly offer components to get the non-R to at or above R performance. Tires alone get you a good way there...

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
It is amazing how you can get sucked into this. Reading most of the reviews, it made me wonder why I would order anything but an R. Gotta get the best! But wait a minute...$10K more, higher maintenance cost, noisier DD, higher insurance cost, no back seats, I'd probably start another expensive hobby I had no intention to do, and the freaking tech pack is more car than I'll likely be able to handle anyway. Phew, that was close.
ABSO-FREAKIN-LUTE-LY!!!

Schilling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
It is amazing! I've been sitting around wondering why I didn't get the R allocation my dealership had. Then I think back to the day I ordered. GT350 @ 57,900 msrp or GT350R for another 20k plus.
With all the track videos going around it reminds me of 5 years ago. I was fortunate enough to own a 997 GT3 and had the means to track it a lot. I hit a lot of tracks in Texas and actually made two out of state trips. One to Barber and one to High Plains Raceway in Colorado. I was addicted but the reality of $$$ sank in after 16 months and I said "uncle". It's so expensive to track a car and this GT350 will be no different. Will I track my GT350? I'm sure I will but it won't be often. An average weekend at the track goes like this; a good set of "track tires"- $2,000, average event fee $250, gas - $100 and maintenance fees after event (brakes, fluids, etc) $150-$500. So be prepared to drop $2,500 to $3,000 for a weekend. I KNOW! And, that's if nothing goes wrong! lol I KNOW THAT TOO! So for the couple of weekends a year at the track I think the GT350 will be amazing. The rest of the time, I will enjoy the added comfort of my tech pack.
Sponsored