Sponsored

2016 Shelby GT350/GT350R Media Drives & Reviews (CHECK FIRST POST)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
According the the SVTP article the Base and Tech Pack can go hard for about 15 minutes on a small track (Grattan) before cool down. It has sensors on the trans and rear diff to alert the driver when it's too hot. In this case you could get about 11 laps completed on Grattan before you had to cool down. It would be nice to know how much extra time the coolers provide.
At what ambient temperature? 75 F? 115 F? Did they say? And what driver skill level? Is that for a pro? How long for a "normal" person?

My base Mustang GT had no problems in 20 minute sessions when I was at the track last time. However it was in the 40s that day... and I'm not going to heat up a car like a pro would. :)
Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
At what ambient temperature? 75 F? 115 F? Did they say? And what driver skill level? Is that for a pro? How long for a "normal" person?

My base Mustang GT had no problems in 20 minute sessions when I was at the track last time. However it was in the 40s that day... and I'm not going to heat up a car like a pro would. :)
That information wasn't given and just a generic statement. I doubt it was 115 in MI, but I'm sure it was one of their pro drivers during testing.

licktensteins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four wheels and a stick
Here's a great in-car video from someone who knows their way around MRLS:

[ame]

The first full lap is spoiled by early braking (or not knowing how strong the braking is on the R) going into turn 2. The second lap runs from 4:23 to 6:08 in the video, for a 1'45" lap. That's some great stuff coming from a motoring magazine editor in a car with which there's been very little track time.

A pro driver with several recce laps and on fresh tires should be able to find 10 seconds at least. :ford:

Sponsored

asphal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
great second lap. 1:45 in a press drive after spending only a few minutes in the car is damn good. as fast as Randy has ran in the gt500.

licktensteins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four wheels and a stick
great second lap. 1:45 in a press drive after spending only a few minutes in the car is damn good. as fast as Randy has ran in the gt500.
Indeed - even on the 2nd lap in the video, I see probably 4-5 seconds myself between a sort-of slow turn 2, late on the gas coming out of 6 and thru the Corkscrew, and going wide in 9. All places where you'd expect someone to go easy in a press car to ensure they don't wad the thing up.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a great in-car video from someone who knows their way around MRLS:

The first full lap is spoiled by early braking (or not knowing how strong the braking is on the R) going into turn 2. The second lap runs from 4:23 to 6:08 in the video, for a 1'45" lap. That's some great stuff coming from a motoring magazine editor in a car with which there's been very little track time.

A pro driver with several recce laps and on fresh tires should be able to find 10 seconds at least. :ford:
Wow, even that second lap was riddle with terrible lines (correcting mid-double apex for instance), early braking, and super amateur throttle control (digital application that was way late coming out of corners). That thing should break 1'30" for sure.

Sponsored

Honus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT350 Tech
Is there an embargo against publishing photos of the interior? All the reviews only have stock photos of it.
There might be; I think one of the reviews mentioned the test cars were track pack exteriors with tech pack interiors.

bpracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FR-S, 2005 F250
One review compared the steering to a Lotus or early Maita, i.e. very good, and another said it was not so great and not any better than the normal GT...

I wonder if somebody played with the steering feedback and it didn't get set to back to track mode? I wonder if it even independent of the MagnaRide settings?

On the whole, you have to feel pretty good about the car so far.

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
There might be; I think one of the reviews mentioned the test cars were track pack exteriors with tech pack interiors.
I was there. There were no tech pack interiored cars - only R and Track Pack cars ...inside and out.

BTW - driving/riding today confirmed that the track pack is the only way for me to go :thumbsup:

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
I was there. There were no tech pack interiored cars - only R and Track Pack cars ...inside and out.

BTW - driving/riding today confirmed that the track pack is the only way for me to go :thumbsup:
versus an R? or versus a non-track pack base?