R Allocations Via Lottery?

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Hasn't it been stated several times that without an allocation that the system will not even allow them to place an order?
NO! And numerous Ford dealers on this site have stated so--especially 5.0 Brian.

I can go up to a Ford computer and Order 50 cars...the computer will take the order...doesn't mean Ford is gonna send them.

You guys have gotta get off this stupid idea that just because the dealer 'orders' a car your going to get it. It is ONLY true if the dealer has ALLOCATION for that car- then the Order gets 'picked up" and built.

Submitting an Order and having the Order acted upon (aka car built) are two different things. And even if your dealer has allocation--if it is allocation for a 4th quarter car your order may go in now, but it will NOT be picked up until late spring and the car built until next spring aka you got a year wait for the car.

The dealer your ordering from ALREADY KNOWS their allocation and what quarter it is for**. They can tell you this...if they stall...then they are just Ordering with the hope Ford gives them an extra car and eventually picks up the order-all the while the dealer keeps you as a customer while they hope.

I firmly believe most of the guys here who have Orders in have legitimate Orders in...but every once in while you see a post of an maybe order..dealer doesn't know this or that and those are the guys who should be concerned and need to ask questions!

*** also understand that Ford/regional managers can move allocation dates around-reward a dealer with an earlier built date or even grant an extra car if the need arises (aka it benefits Ford). Think of it as a sold out concert but where the promoter/star act has a few "extra" tickets in reserve. Thus dealers put in extra orders without allocation under the hope they get a wish granted.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Luckily my dealer was able to give me confirmation that the regional rep had received/confirmed the order and that next steps would be scheduling.:headbang:. Of course this was a non-r and said so up front when placing the order

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
How does the window work for the guaranteed allocations based on a $1000.00 dealer fee?

Does it reopen after the first round is allocated or does it cement in the allocations for that dealer each year without a renewal?

Just in case I want 2.
The dealer agreement called for 2 cars over 2 years. 1 GT350 in 2016MY and 1 GT350 in 2017MY. Period!

Cars above that number are based upon sales and other internal factors.

There are NO rounds...it is not a system of every dealer gets 1 before others get number 2.

If your a small town truck dealership that barely sells 2 Mustangs a year and you signed up for the program for "what the heck"...Ford will get you your 2 allocations- 1 per year but in both cases you may wait....until the end of the year and your "1" allocation may be at the end of each model year aka 4th quarter allocation.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
the fact they linked the allocations together like that leads me to believe they will cut MY2016 production short and start MY2017 by mid 2016. Any info on that? Also when does Q4 end./Q1 start. If its purely by calendar year, then these 2016s would be considered Q4 2015 cars...but the fact ford has all but halted the 2015 S550 cars leads me to believe otherwise.

Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
the fact they linked the allocations together like that leads me to believe they will cut MY2016 production short and start MY2017 by mid 2016. Any info on that? Also when does Q4 end./Q1 start. If its purely by calendar year, then these 2016s would be considered Q4 2015 cars...but the fact ford has all but halted the 2015 S550 cars leads me to believe otherwise.
Nope- it has NOTHING to do with the calendar year.
Ford is going back to the old model (In recent years* Ford was selling "new Model Years way early...example only but bringing out a new 08 in say April of 07... an early release. But I also recall buying my 03 Mach 1 during late fall of 2002-a late release. It also seems like yesterday so when I say recent years I'm covering over a decade+ of time.

Back in the day so to speak new Model years usually began about Septemberish (this was WAY back for you youngins-back then body styling changed substantially every 2 years aka the 1966 Mustang came out in Septemberish 1965). Ford is just going back there.

Building the 15s thru late June 2015 (someone on the net should have the exact cut off date). The factory then shuts down for change over, vacation and then test builds dealing with model yr changes. I believe JOB 1 for the 2016s is in late July (again net search should determine the exact current set date). Supply is built up, QC checks run, and cars off to dealers late August into September.

Now I'm talking about MY for normal Mustangs. JOB 1 for a standard GT may not match up to JOB 1 for the GT350...

The 2 yr thing is not unusual-Ford did with the GT500 program. They are just confirming/promising dealers and suppliers that it will be at least a 2 yr program for the GT350. Market reaction will determine if it goes beyond that. Guys jumping up and down stating Ford promised 5 years are dreaming. Ford may want, hope for, plan for a 5 yr program but if sales are not what Ford wants the party door can close a lot quicker.

Last edited:

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
All seems very reasonable, thanks for the insight.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
No R's will be built during the Winter!
Interesting. I have to wonder how much of that has changed.

My dealer received their allocations and told me they got 2 regular and 1 R. Has the lottery already happened? Because according to this that's the only way they would have an R.
My order is in the bank on "material hold" - would they have been able to do that without an allocation?

Thanks!

Sponsored

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
^^^^^ I had talk to a zone manager early on and had said this months ago 1 R for 3 NON R's this is how I figured out that the first R I put a deposit down on was not getting one !!!.....When I put my deposit down this last time the GM showed me his email from the Zone MGR that is was in fact getting 1.. (mine) My advise (if you want it ) is to haev the GM show you his allotment email.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
^^^^^ I had talk to a zone manager early on and had said this months ago 1 R for 3 NON R's this is how I figured out that the first R I put a deposit down on was not getting one !!!.....When I put my deposit down this last time the GM showed me his email from the Zone MGR that is was in fact getting 1.. (mine) My advise (if you want it ) is to haev the GM show you his allotment email.
I hate to be the guy that calls in there every day... He did show me that it's in the computer and under material hold status. Was yours also in this state or did the dealer pull something?

I also don't want to say "Are you sure you're getting one?"... Just to have them tell me...uh....no, we aren't, sorry (but then sell it to the next guy for more). :*(

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Jeff they are either going to be honest or not.....If you asking them, would motivate them to screw you, then you are going to get screwed regardless.....I'm sure they can think of something more unique than this to take your allotment from you "if that's what they wanted to do"...so I would not worry about that.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Good point. I'll shoot him an email.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name