GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Here's what I gave the dealer when I brought her in. Hopefully they'll be able to replicate some of it. They are in order of importance. Some is minor, but wanted it looked at anyway :D I'll post updates once I hear from the dealer. She's at Phil Long Ford Chapel Hills (in Colorado Springs).

1. Idle Hanging…especially noticeable when revving above 3k RPM and letting off gas & engaging clutch; tried resetting the ECU via scan tool and doing idle re-learn: still acting up
  2. Thump noise when shifting; sounds like it is coming from rear end area. Been happening since the day I picked up the car
  3. Body panel alignment issues
    • Passenger Door needs adjustment; sticks out a bit when closed all the way
    • Bottom of Driver’s door, where it meets the fender
    • Hood on Right side, where meets fender
    • Hood on Left side, where meets fender
    • Front Bumper Right Side; where meets fender
    • Front Bumper Left Side; where meets fender
    • Rear Bumper Right Side; where meets fender (Front and along side)
    • Rear Bumper Left Side; where meets fender (front and along side)
    • Trunk Lid; right side slightly up from fender
    • Trunk Lid; driver’s side doesn’t mesh right at bend to rear
  4. Driver’s all-weather floor mat does not keep the plastic retainers in it (which holds it to the floor clip); won’t stay together even when placed in the floor clip; suggest replacing the mat? These were ordered with the car originally (was on the window sticker); Carpet mats held the retainers in just fine.
  5. Engine while running sounds noisy underneath; kind of a belt/rotational noise; not smooth as expected from a new car
  6. I occasionally hear a strange “buzz” noise from the radio speakers when I first open the driver’s door to get in the car; haven’t figured out when it does it…seems to just be random and about half the time
  7. Broken clip for vacuum hose on air intake tube
  8. Missing correct screw for MAF sensor (my fault, I'll have to pay)
  9. Missing plastic clip on battery cover plastic panel
  10. Possible to get one-touch auto-up windows through any programming via programming/scan tool? The coupes for 2015 have it, but for some reason not the convertibles!
Sponsored

Jeeden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Are you sure that the idle hanging isn't the Rev hold? I remember reading the mustangs have some Rev holding between gears and hill holding in first. Also are you sure the buzzing in the speaker isn't the window inching up and down when you open the door for the pressure or a noise from your phone getting too close to the speaker?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Prem/PP/ruby red/premier int.
I hope you had better luck with your dealership than I have so far. They suggested a fender misalignment be corrected by applying an adhesive to hold it in place.
Right, well I don't think that's going to be happening.
The reps for Ford on here got with me and brought it to the corporate level to make sure shady work wasn't being done on my car. I haven't been back yet, I'm going Friday.
Best of luck

OP
OP
GiddyUp15

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
I hope you had better luck with your dealership than I have so far. They suggested a fender misalignment be corrected by applying an adhesive to hold it in place.
Right, well I don't think that's going to be happening.
The reps for Ford on here got with me and brought it to the corporate level to make sure shady work wasn't being done on my car. I haven't been back yet, I'm going Friday.
Best of luck
Yeah, I don't have high hopes. I hate the dealership experience in general. This is why I no longer buy extended warranties. Shoot, I would have taken an additional $Xk off the price of the car to forego the warranty..:headbonk:

Are you sure that the idle hanging isn't the Rev hold? I remember reading the mustangs have some Rev holding between gears and hill holding in first. Also are you sure the buzzing in the speaker isn't the window inching up and down when you open the door for the pressure or a noise from your phone getting too close to the speaker?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
Rev hold is only for Autos, I believe. The hanging I have is better described as "sticking". I have another thread about it here

The buzzing is definitely coming from the speaker. Unfortunately I don't hear it every time, but it happens when I first get in the car without it running or anything on. It is after I open the door, like it is timed with the dome light coming on and perhaps some interference from the dome light coming on? I'm not the only one with this issue either...see my other thread here

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Yeah, I don't have high hopes. I hate the dealership experience in general. This is why I no longer buy extended warranties. Shoot, I would have taken an additional $Xk off the price of the car to forego the warranty..:headbonk:

Rev hold is only for Autos, I believe. The hanging I have is better described as "sticking". I have another thread about it here

The buzzing is definitely coming from the speaker. Unfortunately I don't hear it every time, but it happens when I first get in the car without it running or anything on. It is after I open the door, like it is timed with the dome light coming on and perhaps some interference from the dome light coming on? I'm not the only one with this issue either...see my other thread here
Rev hold is also on manuals.

Good luck with getting your issues resolved. I hope your experience is better than mine. Ford refused to repair my crooked everything.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Sponsored

OP
OP
GiddyUp15

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Rev hold is also on manuals.

Good luck with getting your issues resolved. I hope your experience is better than mine. Ford refused to repair my crooked everything.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Not from everything I read, only autos have rev-matching. We do have hill start assist, but that only holds the brake; doesn't do anything with revving.

First paragraph: http://autoweek.com/article/car-reviews/2015-ford-mustang-first-drive

This thread: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7847

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
The manual does have rev-holding. I haven't bagged my car yet (still 500km to go for break in!), but for normal driving, a slow shift results in the car lowering the RPM to match what it will be in the next gear - i.e, shifting from 2 to 3 at 3000rpm, revs will fall to 2200rpm or so and stay there, allowing for a smoother gear engagement.

It may do that at high rpm too. Normally if I rev that high I will shift quick enough that I won't notice a rev hold.

Twenty15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium | DIB
Damn Danny. I hope that PLF steps up and makes it right. I know you were talking about that hanging two months ago. I am sure it drives you nuts. It would me. We will have to hook up in Denver sometime once you get the girl fixed up.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I'll be going in on Saturday. She has about 2000 miles so I call it her "shakedown cruise" . There's a odd sound like a dog barking from a distance when the passenger side front suspension moves up and down. I'm no mechanic but it seems like perhaps there's an issue with the shocks, not enough lubricant?

Getting the oil changed (it's free) and will have the car looked over don't have any other issues though so all in all not too bad. My question is can I drive the car with this possible shock issue? Any mechanics out there want to give me advice?

OP
OP
GiddyUp15

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
The manual does have rev-holding. I haven't bagged my car yet (still 500km to go for break in!), but for normal driving, a slow shift results in the car lowering the RPM to match what it will be in the next gear - i.e, shifting from 2 to 3 at 3000rpm, revs will fall to 2200rpm or so and stay there, allowing for a smoother gear engagement.

It may do that at high rpm too. Normally if I rev that high I will shift quick enough that I won't notice a rev hold.
That's interesting...I'll have to do more research. Is there a way to turn it off? I don't have the car with me now to check.

Damn Danny. I hope that PLF steps up and makes it right. I know you were talking about that hanging two months ago. I am sure it drives you nuts. It would me. We will have to hook up in Denver sometime once you get the girl fixed up.
Yeah hope to have her back out soon! I picked a good rainy week to leave her with the dealer.

Dealer called this afternoon and said they couldn't replicate any of my issues (of course). They said they would try again with the thumping noise tomorrow when it will be dry outside. It rained all day here today.

She goes into the body shop tomorrow to fix the alignment of panels. I'll post photos of those here in a minute.

Regarding rev match, does your car do this at all? You're the only one I know with a GT manual at high elevation, so you're the closest I have to compare to! Also, I'm going to post a couple of videos I did before I took the car in showing the sticking idle (with stock tune and CAI). If you happen to have time and know how, could you send me a video or post one of you doing the same as me, so I can show the dealer that mine isn't normal? I'll see if they have a GT manual on their lot that I can compare to as well....no worries if you can't do that for me! :cheers:

I'll be going in on Saturday. She has about 2000 miles so I call it her "shakedown cruise" . There's a odd sound like a dog barking from a distance when the passenger side front suspension moves up and down. I'm no mechanic but it seems like perhaps there's an issue with the shocks, not enough lubricant?

Getting the oil changed (it's free) and will have the car looked over don't have any other issues though so all in all not too bad. My question is can I drive the car with this possible shock issue? Any mechanics out there want to give me advice?
Check for any loose bolts on the top of the shock (under the hood) and on the suspension. If they all seem ok, it should be fine to drive even if the shock is bad. Just don't take any crazy corners. :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
GiddyUp15

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430882642.557461.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430882653.023283.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430882662.478060.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430882673.485862.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430882682.839002.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430882694.676176.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430882704.330311.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430882713.155009.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430882723.807158.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430882733.166084.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430882743.720403.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430882753.405108.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430882761.326107.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430882769.646849.jpg

OP
OP
GiddyUp15

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Videos of the idle hanging:

[ame]

[ame]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black V6 Vert, manual, 051A, 3:55, no spoiler
Those photos (yellow GT), never seen anything like that on a new delivery. :crazy:

I should really stop reading this section. :eyebulge:

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Videos of the idle hanging:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Regarding those videos posted - that is rev-hold, and is normal. It is holding the revs momentarily for the expected RPM of the next gear. I don't think you can turn that off, and I hear it is emissions related?

OP
OP
GiddyUp15

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Regarding those videos posted - that is rev-hold, and is normal. It is holding the revs momentarily for the expected RPM of the next gear. I don't think you can turn that off, and I hear it is emissions related?
Interesting...when I had my tune and CAI on, it was much worse. I wonder if it is a different issue I'm dealing with. I thought this issue was the underlying issue, but maybe it is like you say...its normal. It isn't that annoying with stock intake/CAI, but when I have my CAI and tune it gets pretty bad and annoying. You'd think the tuners could fix it so it doesn't do it at all, especially since most of us don't care about little emissions issues :headbonk:

I saw another forum member that was having the same problems with their Lund tune. Lund says its not the tune...I don't know WTF to do with it now....guess I'll go back to the CAI/Tune since the dealer said they couldn't replicate my issue. I'll do another video once that gets bad (seems to take some learning time before it gets real bad). It was pretty bad before....it would hang for a good 2-3 seconds which is embarrassing when driving slowly through lots/neighborhood etc. :frusty:
Sponsored