Debadge - Rebadge: Comprehensive Emblem Info

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Hey guy, bits of the following are peppered all over our forum but I wanted to get it collected in one post.

So you have a S550 Mustang and you want to remove or change the emblems?

I replaced all of mine with Matte Black emblems from UPR. All the UPR emblems come with double sided adhesive tape on the backs and have guide pins for the stock locations. They install very easily. Plastic-Dip is a popular alternative to replacement.

Front Pony:

- the easiest to remove
- held on with 5 one-time-use clips
- pop the hood, remove radiator shroud
- reach hand in and use fingers to break 5 plastic pins on the back of the pony
- Pony should now slide out easily
- Warning, grill looks terrible without a pony here and the honeycombs behind the pony are blocked
- Consider getting a replacement grill, replacement Pony, or Plasti-Dipping the stock Pony instead of removing it.

Rear Pony / GT / 50 year disc:

- plastic-welded to the black glossy decklid
- pop the trunk
- remove the trunk deck liner
- disconnect backup camera
- remove 4 bolts
- remove the black glossy decklid (PULL HARD on one side, then the other)
- use a utility knife to cut the spots of melted plastic holding the emblem
- I used a punch to tap out the pins after
- Warning, deck looks terrible with 4 holes. Consider getting a replacement logo, replacement deck piece, or Plasti-Dipping the stock logo instead of removing it.
- video: [ame]

5.0 on the sides of the GT:
- 3m taped on
- THERE ARE GUIDE HOLES IN YOUR GT's FENDERS
- painters tape around logo to protect the paint
- use a wide, thin, cheap plastic putty knife to pry up the logo
- I used Goo Gone to remove some residual sticky stuff
- Again, plastic-Dip is an alternative to replacement

Sponsored

Last edited:

SlowRed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red GT
Sticky!!!!

totalimmortal213

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Black

Sponsored

totalimmortal213

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Black
Cuz if I can replace my pony up front I don't have to spend 300 on a grille and if I can replace the emblem in the back I don't have to buy the overpriced panel in the back

OP
OP
tevaburns

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Teva, the emblems from upr... How exactly did you install them? I know the stock ones have the plastic pins you have to cut... And which emblem did you replace on the back, gt?
All the UPR emblems come with double sided adhesive tape on the backs and they also have guide pins in the stock locations. Yes my car had a GT on the back and I replaced it with the matte black one shown.

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Can anyone tell me if the GT badge on the rear panel uses the same locating pin holes as the round anniversary emblem....here in Australia we are going to be stuck with all the cars coming in with a round gt badge similar to the anniversary one, just without the 50 years on it....a straight badge swap would be nice without having to buy a new rear panel and badge.

OP
OP
tevaburns

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Can anyone tell me if the GT badge on the rear panel uses the same locating pin holes as the round anniversary emblem....here in Australia we are going to be stuck with all the cars coming in with a round gt badge similar to the anniversary one, just without the 50 years on it....a straight badge swap would be nice without having to buy a new rear panel and badge.
Great question! take the rear deck panel off and send me a picture of the back of it.

Last edited:

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Tevaburns...I would love to be able to take the rear panel off...but we wont be getting our cars in Australia until at least December this year, maybe up to Feb next year even though I placed a deposit in December last year....I am trying to get all the parts under way so I can change them out as soon as the car arrives. The rear panel logo and the clear tail lights that the export versions have are hideous...after all the hype about mustangs finally being global, Ford marketing do this to them....they will be hammered by the press, I am sure. The pic is an example of the only choice the rest of the world is getting.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
tevaburns

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Yeah I don't get it either Bobsp12. Those taillights look like 2000 era civic aftermarket.

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
Any thoughts regarding which route is easier and is more likely to last? Remove/replace or plasti-dip? What are the chances the replacements possibly loosen over time or the plasti-dip chips or becomes compromised?

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Instead of using a plastic putty knife, I prefer using fishing line. You remove the emblem quickly with no damage.
I've been using plastic spreaders for many years. I find I have better control vs fishing line-->:cheers:
Sponsored