Sponsored

COMPETITION ORANGE S550 MUSTANG Thread

RyRy 0731

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
@Geotoxic inspired me to apply 3 coats of black and 2 coats of glossifier Plastidip. I like how it makes the hood pop.

And yeah, I was holding my sunglasses in my left hand like a dufus...
Did you remove the heat extractors or did you spray them while on the car?

If you sprayed them while on the car, did you tape them off right up to the edges or just a square and remove the excess dip? Any problem with peeling excess dip?
Sponsored

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
Did you remove the heat extractors or did you spray them while on the car?

If you sprayed them while on the car, did you tape them off right up to the edges or just a square and remove the excess dip? Any problem with peeling excess dip?
Did you take the hood vents off to spray or keep them on the car. I'm hesitant to remove them seeing I have to remove the hood liner.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
make me nervous pulling up over concrete like that!

Geotoxic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase

Too bad I go to work before the sun rises and I get off work after the sun sets. Garage pictures are no good ):

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Can't wait to see mine in the morning, picked it up last night, will get some pictures for sure. The color is amazing, I am honestly not missing my GB like I thought I was going to.

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Adding to the master race Competition Orange Coalition!

clay bar'd and waxed for the first time today!

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
Dipped them in place, just taped about 1/2" outside the edge then sprayed over the tape on each coat. Peeled easy.

JoeC1982

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ATS 2.0T
I was set on getting Guard if and when i do get a Mustang but the Orange is looking great. I really like the one with the Roush wheels too, just not sure if i would get tired of such a bright color. I've never even had a red car, mostly silver/grey, black or white.

The Comp Orange would probably be pretty unique around my area though and one of the things i don't like about Mustangs is that they are so common. I drove a Magnetic EB with PP today and it felt a lot better than the non PP car i drove a few months ago.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
If you want an exotic color that 99% don't have and are scared to have....this is it. I get nothing but omg's and compliments on it. That or people are liars.

Next time you go down the road call out all colors that pass you....goes something like this... Black black black white grey white white white black dark red black black black white white grey black white white dark blue white white black grey grey....etc

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Got some quick pictures, will get some more when I wash it on my weekend. This car is orange, I am not sure how it shows up red in some pictures haha. This color has to be seen in person to do it justice. At this point, I am not missing my GB, never thought I would be saying that :D

Sponsored

JoeC1982

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ATS 2.0T
Thanks for the pic of the Recaro's in cloth. I don't like leather but how is the material on the door panels and such? Also is your radio set up for satellite capability? I don't want to have to get a Premium just for that, i wonder if there will be a way to put an aftermarket radio in it.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I will get some more pics of the base interior Monday and put them up, there are not too many base pics around haha. Leather is too hot for myself so I had to go base, but the cloth recaros are very nice.

The door panels have a softer hard plastic on the top, there is a leather padded area where you would sit your arm, the inserts seem to be a cloth like material. The base center stack is actually not too bad, I really wanted the premium just for the toggle switches but I am quite happy with the base stack. All the areas you touch are soft, the center armrest is very nice as well. The cup holders being moved off to the side is a huge improvement. The auto shifter is extremely nice and high quality, it feels so solid compared to the gen 5 stangs. The steering wheel has a nice wrap around it and feels good, the paddles are nice and firm.

Overall, the interior is very impressive and high quality even for being a base car. Coming from a base 14 it is a huge step up. I am not sure on the radio, I have not messed around with it too much as of yet. I was torn on the premium trim for a while, but I can say I do not regret not getting it, though it is an extremely good value if you can handle the leather seats. I did sit in the leather recaros as well, they were just as tight and of a very high quality, but on a 100+ degree day I would cry.

JoeC1982

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ATS 2.0T
Thanks for your input, i drove a Premium EB w/PP yesterday and there is a base EB with PP and even a manual trans at another local dealer. It doesn't have the Recaro's but its like $28k, lots of car for the price. I'll probably stick with a base auto EB with the PP and do a tune, springs, intercooler, and downpipe. Lightweight wheels would probably go on before the downpipe and intercooler though.

15COPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GTPP/2015 DIB Mustang GT
Congrats on the Comp Orange it is a beautiful color.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Finally got a chance to take some pictures of my Competion Orange EB Premium with Nav and PP. The wheels are my winter setup. 225/55-18 Dunlap Winter Maxx.

Sponsored