You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered 20% computer-cut tint today... I'm going to do it myself. :)

Your a braver man than me! I'm had 20% on all 5 windows and a tint strip done for $200 and I think it may just be the best money spent on my car due to the complexity of the job. My guy said the back window was a freaking pain in the ass. It required a lot of heat and shrinking to get it done and it was almost impossible to get in the rear deck.

Best of luck to you and please let us know how you made out [emoji4]

Jaime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

OP
OP
89Trooper

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Where did you order from?
eBay... same seller where I have bought pre-cut tint for my other cars. Very good quality. They get the measurements directly from the manufacturer and the pieces come perfectly cut.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161545928057?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Your a braver man than me! I'm had 20% on all 5 windows and a tint strip done for $200 and I think it may just be the best money spent on my car due to the complexity of the job. My guy said the back window was a freaking pain in the ass. It required a lot of heat and shrinking to get it done and it was almost impossible to get in the rear deck.

Best of luck to you and please let us know how you made out [emoji4]

Jaime
Thanks! This will be my fourth car that I've done. Really, the hardest part is the cutting (and that part will be done). And the secret is TONS of soapy water so you have plenty of time to get it into place.

For the back window you actually lay the tint on the outside of the window (so it's laying the same way as when you install it). You then heat it up with a hair dryer and shape it to the rear window. Then you let it cool, and it will already have the curve that is needed.

But I'll take pics! :)

Last edited:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
eBay... some seller where I have bought pre-cut tint for my other cars. Very good quality. They get the measurements directly from the manufacturer and the pieces come perfectly cut.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161545928057?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Thanks! This will be my fourth car that I've done. Really, the hardest part is the cutting (and that part will be done). And the secret is TONS of soapy water so you have plenty of time to get it into place.

For the back window you actually lay the tint on the outside of the window (so it's laying the same way as when you install it). You then heat it up with a hair dryer and shape it to the rear window. Then you let it cool, and it will already have the curve that is needed.

But I'll take pics! :)
Wow, I'm impressed. Cant wait to see your install.

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Tom, my name is John, and I want to thank you for your info on what you are doing to your new 2015 5.0 Mustang, and were you have ordered your parts from and the part numbers also that you have posted...... I have used Tasca Ford and they took my order, and were very prompt in getting my order out for the strut tower brace to me, and have ordered some of the other things that you are doing to your new Mustang, that I'm also doing to my new 2015 5.0 mustang Gt Competition orange car, with 50th anniversary appearance package also on my car... You have been a great help to me in a lot of the same parts that I have ordered for my car as that you have done to your car..... I received my Mustang on 11-05-2014 also got to see it come off the transport truck, that was a fun day, for as long as all of us had wait on are new rides....... Thanks John

Oh yes thanks to CJ Pony parts for the stuff that they also have sent me!!!!!! :clap2:

Last edited:

P30AMG08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E63 AMG, Honda Accord
*Click on a picture for a larger image*

Date completed: 12/26/14

Cost: $340 (Strut Tower Brace, black brace, two additional nuts)

Unless you ordered your Mustang GT with a Performance Pack, or the 20" wheel option, your engine bay looks like this:

At first, I was perplexed as to why I only had half of a black "brace" going from the firewall to the passenger side strut tower. It turns out that it really isn't a brace at all. It is plastic and is only used to support the battery cover and the cowl.

The plastic part uses the exact same hardware as the full black brace. If you want to swap it out, you'll need to remove two nuts, four bolts, three battery cover clips (only two in the pic since I lost one), and six cowl clips:

I purchased the full black brace from the dealer, and here is the comparison between the half "brace" and the full brace:

Unfortunately it ships as seen above (no packaging) and needed to be painted:

It then slips right into place, exactly where the plastic piece was, but of course now goes to both strut towers (removing the positive battery cable makes it much easier to install):

I also purchased the stock Strut Tower Brace that comes on the Performance Pack and LE. Installing it is as easy as placing it across the strut towers, and installing the four nuts.

Here is the finished product!

Here are the part numbers that you'll need if you would also like to do this easy swap. You can order from your dealer, or Tasca has very good prices (click on the part numbers):

Full Black Brace: FR3Z-16K038-A

Strut Tower Brace: FR3Z-16A200-A

Two Additional Nuts: -W712334-S442 (it says "rotor nuts", but they are the same)
This is awesome! Great info, Great pics, Great thread! Thanks man!

Also, I didnt know that if you got the 20' wheels you got the strut tower brace??

Sponsored

OP
OP
89Trooper

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This is awesome! Great info, Great pics, Great thread! Thanks man!

Also, I didnt know that if you got the 20' wheels you got the strut tower brace??
Thanks!

And you get the black brace in the pictures above (the one I had to paint)... not the silver Strut Tower Brace.

Last edited:

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Hello fellow S550 owners! I will use this thread to document everything I do to my car, including the money spent on each modification. I'll update this first post with links to pictures and/or write-ups of things that I have done.

Please feel free to comment and to give suggestions on anything and everything!

- Pictures of the car stock - 11/13/14
- All-weather floor mats - 11/14/14
- Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 11/15/14
- Hood adjustment - bumpers
- Locking lug nuts
- Rear License Plate Frame - 12/2/14
- Windshield Sunscreen
- JLT Oil Separator (ordered 12/9/14)
- Diode Dynamics bulb replacements (ordered 12/1/14)
- Raxiom Tail Light Sequencer
- Window Tint (ordered 1/6/2015)
- Cleaning products
- Strut Tower Brace - 12/26/14
- First Oil Change - 1/1/2015
- Covercraft Block-It 380 Car Cover - 1/2/2015
- Sun Visor Label Covers (ordered 1/8/15)
- Lowering? Doubt it... unless there is a kit to just lower the nose a hair.
- Exhaust? Also doubt it... I'm happy with the stock exhaust for now.
Tom please let me know how you like the Sun Visor Label Covers, and How much the color difference is from the sun visor please......

Look like it may warm up hear buy the end of the week, may get some of my new parts on the mustang....... Again thanks for all post and part numbers, that you have posted, it's been a big help :ford: John

OP
OP
89Trooper

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Tom please let me know how you like the Sun Visor Label Covers, and How much the color difference is from the sun visor please......

Look like it may warm up hear buy the end of the week, may get some of my new parts on the mustang....... Again thanks for all post and part numbers, that you have posted, it's been a big help :ford: John
As soon as I get them, I will let you know.

They are closed for the winter and aren't filling orders at this time.

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
Were you able to put your tint?

OP
OP
89Trooper

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Were you able to put your tint?
I'm waiting for a warm day. MLK day looks like it'll be warm enough with some sun, so I can roll it out of the garage and let it bake awhile.

And hopefully the K-Brace for under the car (that YOU already have) will be in tomorrow or Friday so I can run to the dealership to pick it up. :)

Sponsored

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
As soon as I get them, I will let you know.

They are closed for the winter and aren't filling orders at this time.
Thanks Tom, for the replay, also let me know what it takes to put on the K-Brace I have ordered one from Steeda, looks like it going to warm up Saturday, so I'm hoping to get some new parts on the the new Mustang, not like it's going anywhere because we now have salt on the roads :doh: again thanks Old Car Guy..... :) John

OP
OP
89Trooper

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
K-Brace (under the car)

*Click on any picture for a larger image*

Date completed: 1/19/15

Cost: $93.00 (Metal K-Brace, plastic shield with access door, hardware)

Just like with some of the upper braces, unless you ordered a Performance Pack car, the 20" rim option, or a convertible, you do not get the K-Brace that is installed under the car.

Even if you do not want the extra bracing, this installs SO EASILY and afterward you will have the access panel to get to the oil filter! That alone is worth it!

First you'll need to buy some parts. Here is a picture of the two new pieces that you'll have to buy. The metal piece on top is part number FR3Z-5025-A, and the plastic shield is part number FR3Z-6P013-B. The second picture shows how the two parts install as a unit, and the third picture is a comparison to the non-Performance Pack shield at the bottom of the picture.

To remove the old shield (as you would have to do for every oil change), you will have to remove four (4) bolts using a 7mm socket, and two (2) bolts using a 10mm socket. You will need to use the 7mm ones for the new install, but the 10mm ones are not reused. Here is a picture with the shield installed, and another with it removed (you can see where the new brace will install - there is a pink mark next to all of the threaded holes from the factory).

You will also need some additional hardware. I wasn't able to get these from the dealer, so I can't give you part numbers. You'll need six (6) M10-1.5 x 25 bolts. I bought some Class 10.9 flanged steel cap screws. You will also need three (3) additional screws like the ones to remove the original plastic shield. Both are shown here.

Here is a test-fit of the metal brace to make sure that all six of the new bolts thread in easily.

And here it is completely installed. You'll need four (4) of the screws that are in my hand above to attach the new plastic piece to the metal brace, two (2) are re-installed in the front of the new panel, and one (1) is needed to keep the access door closed. IMPORTANT: don't tighten anything until every bolt is started, and until you make sure the hole for the access door lines up where it needs to be. Torque for the six (6) bolts is 42 ft-lbs, just like for the strut tower brace in the engine compartment.

Here are some pics of the access door open and closed. How nice it will be to change my oil next time! :)

Last edited:

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
Tom,

Way to go! What a great write up.

OP
OP