Convertible Orders

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
My dealer just called me because his parts guy couldn't find these caps listed anywhere. I have this photo I'm going to send him, but I don't know what else to tell him. I will look into that other thread to see what he deal is. Not sure if we have to request to get them mailed to us from Ford, or if they will automatically send them to all of us who didn't get them?

Side note, I ordered the A/W mats with my car (no as an accessory, but it is actually on the Window Sticker) but they didn't show up with the car either. It does say "DLR INSTLD ACCY" on the window sticker, but shouldn't it still arrive with the car? Dealer says it will be a couple of weeks before their parts guy can get them in....:frusty:
They are also shown in the owners manual.
Sponsored

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
They are also shown in the owners manual.
Thanks! Just saw that on the other thread. Sent the screen shots of owners manual, brochure, and photo from Fords website to my dealer.

broncobuff

broncobuff
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
Mustang RR V6 vert, 2006 Frontier 4X4, 2014 Maxima
GiddyUp15,

Could you send me the screen shots so I can pass them on to Harry at Loveland Ford. Maggie is at Loveland in the backshop being PDI'd. My email is
[email protected]

Looks like I'm Number 2 for Colorado Convertibles. Will pick her up when roads dry
hopefully Friday or Saturday.

Thanks - Les :)

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
She's in my possession!!!! So excited!
Congratulations, GiddyUp15; that's awesome! :headbang:

Just got a text from my dealer. Unfortunately I'm away in Ohio but my CO GT has arrived. Pickup Saturday at 10!
Mine has also arrived at the dealership, but due to work and horrible weather forecast for the weekend I may not get it until next week. This is way harder than waiting for it to arrive at the dealership.
Yay, Jeffola, and Rob00GT; congrats! At least your Mustangs are close to home now. :clap2:

Beautiful. :cheers: Hope to get my TY 5.0 Vert any day. I am so jealous.
Have you talked to your dealer today, ymr7576? They should have some very good news for you. :D

w00t!

Dealer hasn't called though, I'll follow up tomorrow, get the paperwork started, hope to drive it home Friday or Saturday
Just checked Cotus and Maggie shows DELIVERED 1/6. It's now snowing in Longmont. Well Maggie the dog loved the snow so I hope Maggie the mustang enjoys it to.
I can confirm that my tracker shows both of yours as delivered, MagneticMan and broncobuff; congrats! Let me know when you've picked up your Ponies. :)

Rachel

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
GiddyUp15,

Could you send me the screen shots so I can pass them on to Harry at Loveland Ford. Maggie is at Loveland in the backshop being PDI'd. My email is
[email protected]

Looks like I'm Number 2 for Colorado Convertibles. Will pick her up when roads dry
hopefully Friday or Saturday.

Thanks - Les :)
Forwarded you the e-mail I sent my dealer..hopefully it will help!

Rachel
Thanks so much Rachel for all the help during this exciting process!!! :cheers:

Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
There is a thread on this issue. Rachel is looking into it as well.
I sure am, icarumba! :D

Anyone else come across "tonneau caps" for their '15 convertible?
Mine were missing, too. ...
My dealer just called me because his parts guy couldn't find these caps listed anywhere. ...
Hey everybody! I don't believe any of the Convertibles have had the tonneau caps. I've sent this up the chain and am waiting for official word of next steps.

I'll post on this thread and here when I hear back. Please go ahead and send me a PM letting me know that you didn't receive it and I'll add you to my list to notify. :)

Rachel

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I did a quick recon on YouTube and autoshow fotos. ALL convertible Show Cars have tonneau caps except for a red convertible at the LA AutoShow. In August, Ford released several Youtube videos on the new convertible. Ron Lovasz, Product Development Engineer and Steve Ling, North American Marketing Manager (Aug, 2014), both emphasize the tonneau caps as being a standard feature on the convertible.
I hope that the Forum member was correct and that Ford has simply switched from one supplier to another. Without the caps, the top-down car looks like Ford forgot to finish the assembly of the soft top. I always assumed that the caps were standard equipment. Sort of like providing the steering wheel.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
Just checked Cotus and Maggie shows DELIVERED 1/6. It's now snowing in Longmont. Well Maggie the dog loved the snow so I hope Maggie the mustang enjoys it to.
Good to see another Dog Lover naming their new S550 Mustang after one of their Dogs. I`m naming my Convertible (Chanel) when it arrives after one of my Golden Retrievers that passed over the "Rainbow Bridge" last March. Her two "sisters" Rosie & Hope are anxiously awaiting to take their first trip to the Beach with the Top down.

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
Glad I was pointed to this thread. Gotta go to work now, so no time to read thru all now (but I WILL. ;).

Any insights or opinion on how long it might take to get a V6 051A Convertible ordered 1/5/15 From Sunnyvale Ford (CA) as a Priority 19? They said 10 weeks. Were they padding a bit or is that what it looks like for a convertible to the West Coast for orders just placed? (SF Bay Area)

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
Glad I was pointed to this thread. Gotta go to work now, so no time to read thru all now (but I WILL. ;).

Any insights or opinion on how long it might take to get a V6 051A Convertible ordered 1/5/15 From Sunnyvale Ford (CA) as a Priority 19? They said 10 weeks. Were they padding a bit or is that what it looks like for a convertible to the West Coast for orders just placed? (SF Bay Area)
The wait time is all over the map. I ordered 9/2, Retail Special Order Priority 10: Built 11/24, Shipped 12/27, EDD 1/14. Guess it will arrive when it arrives. Other Convertibles Built on 12/17 Shipped the very same day!

Sponsored

damdfw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Convertible
In Transit

My car was blended yesterday and this morning was "Awaiting Shipping" and now is "In Transit". The EDD went from 1/25 to 1/20. :)

Very Happy,
David

ymr7576

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cassie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow GT Vert

Yay, Jeffola, and Rob00GT; congrats! At least your Mustangs are close to home now. :clap2:

Have you talked to your dealer today, ymr7576? They should have some very good news for you. :D

I can confirm that my tracker shows both of yours as delivered, MagneticMan and broncobuff; congrats! Let me know when you've picked up your Ponies. :)

Rachel

Yes, I picked up my new baby this afternoon.:cheers:

IMG_1354 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1342 - Copy.JPG

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
The wait time is all over the map. I ordered 9/2, Retail Special Order Priority 10: Built 11/24, Shipped 12/27, EDD 1/14. Guess it will arrive when it arrives. Other Convertibles Built on 12/17 Shipped the very same day!
Phil thanks for response. Do you know what priority 10 means? Mine is priority 19 which I'm told is probably X Plan.

Can anyone describe to this newbie or point me to a link that has info on some of the terms I have been reading here?
- X-Plan. & Priority 19: what does this actually mean in relation to other priority numbers.
- Corbus
- Blended

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Phil thanks for response. Do you know what priority 10 means? Mine is priority 19 which I'm told is probably X Plan.

Can anyone describe to this newbie or point me to a link that has info on some of the terms I have been reading here?
- X-Plan. & Priority 19: what does this actually mean in relation to other priority numbers.
- Corbus
- Blended
OK if you don't know what X-Plan is then you probably didn't order it that way. Your Priority of 19 is not terrible but not the best either. Could be a few cars ahead of you but I wouldn't worry too much.

By Corbus I assume you mean Cotus which is Ford's Tracking site that gives you limited information on the progess of your build. Convertibles can only be tracked on wwwqa.cotus.ford.com.

Blend Date is the date your car actually gets built.

broncobuff

broncobuff
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
Mustang RR V6 vert, 2006 Frontier 4X4, 2014 Maxima
Maggie arrived a Dealer last night 1/6. Visited her today they had just completed PDI. All I can say is WOW!!! If weather holds will pick her up tomarrow. Photos in my album, can't seem to figure out to attach them to this post. :)
Sponsored