Delivered with front end damage.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Wow, that really sucks. Wonder who did the PDI. That is crazy.... Hope you get a new front clip.
Sponsored

RisingForce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 tempo.
Matching metallic is extremely hard. The weather affects it. Without blending into the adjacent panels, your going to be able to see it.

It's not 1982. They can match metallic perfectly and you wouldn't notice it at all.
You'd be surprised how many vehicles get repainted due to scratches and dents from factory.

OH5GT 2 S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang Convertible, 2017 BMW X5, 2017 F150
Tell them to order the new part, then take their best shot at fixing the damaged one while you wait. Tell them either that or give me my money back. Don't accept their $hit.
If they order the new part they will NOT repaint his messed up bumper. Makes no sense! :shrug:

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Parts ordered from factory arrive unpainted.
There's a lot of great body shops out there than can do as good of a paint job as factory, if not better. Trust me, there's a lot of crappy paint jobs with over spray etc
Order a new one, it can be painted off the car risking overspray on ur paint.Plus the old panel would need some light bondo filler and work, get the new panel its a brand new car.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
OK, I joined this forum just to call BS on your dealership. My car was picked up on Nov. 5th. On the 9th my son's friend let his foot off the clutch driving the car into the corner of my garage door opening. (FYI, not kids, these "boys" were returning vets from Afghanistan and the culprit drives a manual trans 2004 GT)
Parts arrived to the body shop as quick as 2014 parts would have. I also needed a new grill, air splitter and a bumper reinforcement behind the cover. $1500 damage. Deep Impact blue and the paint matches perfectly. There should be no issues matching paint these days. Now back in the '80's and into the early '90's I gave up trying to match paint and focused on being a bodyman. I left the paint matching to the guys with a better eye.
And for those with the morbid curiosity...

Sponsored

Codog23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Definitely wait for the new parts. Well worth it. You can deal with the damage in the short run to ensure you have a perfect replacement part for the future. Don't half-ass it with paint and fixes at the dealer. I bought a car a couple of years ago and the sales guy backed it up into the wall of the dealership, didn't say anything came in and finished the deal with me. I got home, found the damage on the bumper and immediately drove back to the dealer, spoke to the manager and they ordered me a new bumper cover. Came about a month later, but the bumper is still perfect looking two years later. Well worth the one month wait.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
I find it hard to believe that the damage shown would not have been noticed when the car was delivered.

Wvmike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP
If they order the new part they will NOT repaint his messed up bumper. Makes no sense! :shrug:
Then like I said, give me my money back. I would never accept a repaired $40K+ car that had been repaired without some significant compensation, nor would I drive a new car with damage for 2 months waiting on a part.

Highwayman

Been there.. Done that..
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kraig
Vehicle(s)
15 OW Base GT/PP/Recarros,Built STI,Built Jeep JK
Man, that's awful. The guy that caused that damage and did nothing to mention it, is a real clown.

Too bad it got handled that way. When I picked up my last car is was nighttime. First one I chose still had wrap on it from delivery. Went inside signed the papers, came out to drive away and huge dent in pssr rear door...... Salesman said, "well let's go find another one". Drove away in another one with no damage. I'm sure an order changes things, but still....

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
It's not 1982. They can match metallic perfectly and you wouldn't notice it at all.
You'd be surprised how many vehicles get repainted due to scratches and dents from factory.
Sorry, I respectfully disagree. I have had excellent body work done by one of the finest Shops here in SO FL that specialize strictly on high-end Vehicles. A refurbished nose or bumper repair will chip and flake much easier then what was originally applied at Factory paint shop. Had repair done on 2013 C-Max in metallic paint color Ice Storm. Perfect job (but) in bright sun "I" can still detect shade difference. 98% match is still 98%

Sponsored

OH5GT 2 S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang Convertible, 2017 BMW X5, 2017 F150
Sorry, I respectfully disagree. I have had excellent body work done by one of the finest Shops here in SO FL that specialize strictly on high-end Vehicles. A refurbished nose or bumper repair will chip and flake much easier then what was originally applied at Factory paint shop. Had repair done on 2013 C-Max in metallic paint color Ice Storm. Perfect job (but) in bright sun "I" can still detect shade difference. 98% match is still 98%
I disagree man. The paint jobs that are done at the factory aren't the greatest. I would trust my local paint guy to match it and you wouldn't be able to tell a difference. My '02 GT i had the front bumper resprayed because a guy backed into it. Couldn't tell it was resprayed and it didn't chip or flake. I see the car a couple times a month still and haven't noticed anything on it.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
That color will flip as most silvers or light metallics like Ice Storm do. The Magnetic shouldn't have that issue.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
A shop is only as good as the guy behind the paint gun.

ranchero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I am not qualified to comment on paint or repair procedures.

But I do want to comment on the dealership involved here. Delivery of the car to the customer in that condition is unacceptable. The car may have been damaged in shipping (if so how did the person prepping the car miss the damage?).

More likely, the car was damaged by the person prepping the car, a lot boy or the salesman. It is incomprehensible that the person though he could or should try to get away with this.

Even if the repair is done completely to the car owner's satisfaction, the GM of the dealership should be contacted directly and someone should absolutely get fired for this cover up.

I would bet that the customer will never buy another Ford from this dealership after this stunt. My Ford dealer has delivered to me about ten Fords (or Toyotas) over the last 11 years. Three had very minor (much less than here) damage and my salesman pointed all three out to me at delivery and prior to paperwork. I accepted one; two were subsequently repaired (correctly). I appreciate the candor and will be a customer at this dealership as long as I can buy cars.

- ranchero -

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
More likely, the car was damaged by the person prepping the car, a lot boy or the salesman. It is incomprehensible that the person though he could or should try to get away with this.

Even if the repair is done completely to the car owner's satisfaction, the GM of the dealership should be contacted directly and someone should absolutely get fired for this cover up. - ranchero -
Cover up? Like Benghazi?

The salesman's pay is based on CSI. Doubt he was involved in the cover up. I would venture to say it was parked in the lot waiting delivery and somebody in a pickup/ truck backed in to it. Hence the scratches on top of the cover below the grill and the indents equal on both sides in front of the hood where the urethane compressed.

I would ask/ demand a new cover and let them paint it. Odds are they can match Ford paint.
Sponsored