Sponsored

Who in OZ has placed an order ?

BLITZM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBA
I hsve been registered on Fords Web site for almost a year and unlike their suggestions have never received any information at all. The dealer staff seem to equally uninformed. As a Marketing person of 30 years and someone that Lectures uni students in Services Marketing, I frequently use Ford as a case study on worlds worst practice.
Same here - Ford Oz is a disgrace when it comes to customer service. I really believe that their behaviour will turn majority of prospective buyers away especially since we already have this crazy wait - that desire is slowly dying away and competition is not standing still.
Sponsored

5Boss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2005 Saleen E, 2007 Roush, 2013 GT, 2015 GT
Same in US as Oz

There has been the same total lack of information in the US earlier this year as here in Australia now.
Only two weeks ago while in the US i stopped into my Local Ford dealer in Eugene Oregon to see if they had a GT in stock to test drive and was told by an senior sales man that there would be no cars available till early next year.
Upon mentioning that mine was due late November at another dealer the sales man smiled and said i would be lucky to receive the car till early next year.
The car is due into the dealers showroom next week.
I believe that we are just starting along the path of minimal information because the dealers are not being informed by Ford.
After looking at the car in Vegas at the 50th celebrations i found this forum and it has been more informative and correct than any ford salesman both here and in the US.
I am waiting to see and test drive the GT350 next year and hopefully ford produces a Mach 1 with forced induction, whether it be blower or turbo.
Photo is of the present stock of toys with the 2013 GT, it has been traded for the 2015 GT.
Hopefully will have photos of the new addition in the next couple of weeks.:clap2:
20140409_104319.jpg

Utedog7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux
Same here - Ford Oz is a disgrace when it comes to customer service. I really believe that their behaviour will turn majority of prospective buyers away especially since we already have this crazy wait - that desire is slowly dying away and competition is not standing still.
Frustrating isn't it. I'm trying to give them my money but they give me nothing. I keep thinking maybe I should just buy something else, and then I read this forum every morning and see new pics which keeps me hanging in there. I think I'll have the car cover, cat back exhaust, new wheels, upgraded garage and everything about 6 months before the car is due to arrive and Ford will say "sorry but they aren't gonna make RHD"
I haven't put down any money yet. I am just gonna wait to see what's coming.
No wonder people stopped buying local cars from Ford Australia the way their marketing is.

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
I went into a local dealership today and they are taking $500- 'subject to' deposits for probable delivery next December.

He did say they should have a good idea on price and spec next month (Jan '15). He quoted the line we've heard for awhile now to expect between $50K and $70K. He also thought there wouldn't be much price difference between the coupe and the convertible. I find this impossible to believe. He said he personally had placed an order for a V8 convertible with 20s. I also found interesting that most of their orders so far have been for autos.

5Boss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Car at dealership

Car being picked up Saturday and delivered to the US holiday house.:clap2:
Won't be driving it till next March at present.:(

Talked to our local dealer in Perth and he said that we seem to know more than he does.
Still no word from ford to him regarding pricing or delivery.

We ordered an auto in the US as that is what the 2013 mustang that we just traded in was, and unless you are doing track work the auto works fine especially after a tune to stiffen up the changes.
Auto was a lot better when in the snow in Canada this year, never gets to minus 20 degrees in Perth!
Paddle shift should fix that hopefully.
It will be interesting to see if you want a custom order how long delivery will be due to shipping and order scheduling at the factory.
With a bit of luck Ford will release more info early next year.
Mustang 2015 1.jpg
20140506_093105.jpg
20140506_103153.jpg

Sponsored

5Boss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Arrived in the US

Our baby has arrived in Oregon.
Will be back there in March and post more then.
Our next door neighbour put the car away and is going to order one next week I think?
IMG_1750.JPG
IMG_1747.JPG
IMG_1759.JPG
IMG_1786.JPG
IMG_1798.JPG

OzStangFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Vert;01 Black Cobra Vert;89 GT Vert
Bit the bullet and placed my order.....

Greetings All,

New member but I've been watching and reading all about the S550 for over the last year (lately almost exclusively here at this site - definitely the most comprehensive and up to date resource around).

So after reading that Oz dealers have established the pre-order website, I decided to hit up my local dealer and see what he had to say.

After about an hour with the dealership sales manager, here's some of what I was told (confirms some of whats been written but this dealer didn't really seem to know much of the details yet or was keeping quiet):

• cars appear to come fully optioned with little/no choice - essentially at this stage I was told all could do was choose is colour :doh:
  • appears our cars get the security, navigation, adaptive cruise (I think) and it sounded like some of the performance pack (he made reference to the 6 piston brembos but not sure if that was on all models)
  • dealer couldn't confirm if there were choices for the interior but did say there would be no wheel choices :shrug:
  • manual is only available in the fastback (what???) :crazy:
  • no dealer Ford Performance / Racing options
  • Couldn't shed any light on price - wasn't even sure if the quoted $50K-$70K range included the convertible or not
The dealer said there will be more information coming out in Feb/Mar next year and they will bring me back to the dealership to finalise the order with whatever final choices are available.

He also made the following comments were interesting:
  • Ford are not planning to make and ship large volumes in RHD - the mustang will be a low volume and somewhat exclusive car
  • Ford will not be making or shipping any of the high performance cars for RHD markets - whilst I knew about the GT350, he also said future models (Shelbys, Mach 1, etc - really disappointed about that)....
  • the RHD mustangs are a 3 year program and was not sure what would happen after that
I simply ended up agreeing to place an order (deposit was $2K) with the caveat that I could cancel the sale at any time (if I'm really unhappy with how things play out). Basically I'm just buying a slot on his list.

So I am number 11 (Black Convertible) of 12 (dealer said they're delivering in 12 unit lots with all arriving at the same time).

nadojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 SRT Grand Cherokee
Pretty much everything the dealer told you is on the FordAu website under Mustang.

Ford have also stated that the GT350 was never going to be an option for RHD but that a future supercharged model could be.

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
I originally put in an order for an ecoboost hardtop with a manual trans, however I'm going to change that to a GT next week after thinking it over for a while. Fuel economy and rego aside I can't think of any excuses why the V8 isn't going to be worth the bit extra.

Yellow GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Put down a deposit for an Auto Yellow GT at the local shop.
Just wondering, cars like these, do I even bother to haggle?
When Toyota 86 first came out, its basically a take it or leave it deal.
I have a feeling it would be like that for the Stang as well.... :shrug:

Sponsored

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
You could certainly try once Ford releases pricing. Not sure when that is happening though.

Utedog7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux
Interesting: Order configurators have gone up for most Euro countries. Using the Italian site as an example it came in around 44000 euros. By my cash conversion tool that put it at $60000 aud for a GT Fastback manual with the same systems as the one we will be getting, in black , same as I have laid a deposit on. So a realistic price for here would be around the 65k mark on the road.
Deposit down on black man GT fastback. Hopefully I'll be able to choose saddle seats.
utedog.

aussierob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ROB
Vehicle(s)
2016 FORD MUSTANG GT MT MAGNETIC,RIDES YAMAHA R1
I agree Utedog. I tried the UK configurator last night. 33k GPB equates to around the 62k AUD for a GT. Which is spot on with what was forecast in the UK!
I don't know what the differences are between here and the UK re GST and import duties. But I figure around the 65k mark. A lot of bang for your buck!

My dealer has verbally informed me that March is a likely order date. I hope it happens earlier as the suspense is killing me!!!

Looks like you will get your dark saddle trim, which is an option on a black 2015.

The clear tail lights also seem to be heading our way. Disappointing that Ford couldn't find a solution for the amber blinkers. I will have to hold judgement on them until I see them in person. However I think that they will suit some colours differently.

I put down a 1k deposit on a GT/PP Magnetic several months ago.
I literally can't wait!!!:eyebulge:

XR6VCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual Mustang GT
It would be great if we do get confirmed pricing and final spec in March. The wait is a killer!

Put my deposit down in October for a manual GT fastback in Guard.

Sounds like there are quite a few people on here from Aus with deposits down.

Aussie Mate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt K1121 - (2019 Model) - Built 28 Aug 2018
Me too .. I put down a deposit of 2k back in June for a manual GT fastback in Magnetic. The wait has been long..

I have been told we may get to sit in them by Xmas.
Sponsored