DiEzel

GTFO OG - The Professor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Premium PP
Been lurking for months, Figured as the time gets closer I should register.

The anxiety is killing me, Between parts stacking up ( Whiteline trans insert, JLT Oil sep, FRPP Sport Cat Black, Black tip, Eibach Lowering springs,Diode Dynamics - Everything they're offering, Redline hood struts, a stack of pre cut vinyl tint, Pre orderd FRPP Short throw shifter too).. The Delivery date has been bouncing around between 12/5 and 12/10.. So - HOPING it arrives this coming week!!!

o4iApDF.jpg

f9lPfLD.jpg

IVOduVj.jpg
Sponsored

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
Been lurking for months, Figured as the time gets closer I should register.
Dude you've got it bad. LOL

I've been there. It's all good. Here's to a short wait for the inevitable. You're gonna be livin' large when that pony hits the ground.

cyril185

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just got my GT two days ago.
A dream come true.

I'm planning for FR Borla catback, at later on a supercharger.
I between ill do wheels, brakes, suspension too :)

ahduckit

Big timin in a small town
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB mustang
Matt from New Mexico. Traded in my 2006 full loaded gt for an automatic ecoboost. Was an unexpected purchase took it out for a test drive and immediately had to have. Feels faster than my 3v. Can't keep the smile off my face when ever I drive if.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turrizm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ford did an excellent job on the throttle response and transmission which makes the car feel strong and fast. Love driving it. Makes my other cars feel slow. Only other car that I have owned that had similar great throttle response was an audi s6.

Sponsored

Nac79

NAC15GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Ford Mustang GT with PP
I just join the mustang6g forum and enjoy it so far! I've been lounging for a while now.

Well, I purchase my 2015 Competition Orange Mustang GT with the performance pack on November 8th and love it. This is my second mustang to date. I previously owned an 2007 Shelby GT.

Looking forward to gaining some knowledge and contributing when I can.
image.jpg

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Hey, my name is Luther and I am in the Tampa, FL area. I just ordered a silver Mustang GT premium with the performance pack with the x-plan pricing. This will be my first mustang and I am looking forward to modifying it. I have previously owned multiple EVOs and STIs with 400 to 500whp. Coming form those cars, I was very surprised how well the Mustang handled.

bislag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT w/PP
As of last night I am a new owner of an Ecoboost performance pack, no other options. Got it in Magnetic. Currently looking into what I'm going to do for my winter set of tires and patiently waiting for mishimoto to release their catch can kit!

I also have a project with is a 1987 porsche 944s with a 1994 Camaro LT1 engine swapped into it. Bit faster than the ecoboost since it weighs ~2850lbs, but it also needs quite a bit of work to get sorted out!

Stingray Steve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350 Tech Package
Hello from SoCal

Hi, my name is Steve. I live in Valencia, CA. I'm a few weeks shy of 52. Always a car nut. Two weeks ago I purchased a 2015 Mustang GT. It has the 50th Anniversary Package, Automatic Transmission and Navigation. Normally I load my cars up but this was a stretch for me financially as I just purchased a new C7 convertible a few months back. I'm not new to the Mustang world, my first was a 2007 GT in "Grabber Orange", next was a 2011 GT/CS convertible in "White", then a 2013 BOSS 302 in "Race Red" and now my 2015 GT in "Black". I really love the new looks and the interior is leaps and bounds over the previous generation. Looking forwards to sharing stories and experiences with all of you.
01d798c0db84911e3670738b28883ac0b1c696d8ea1111.jpg
01ab9120eadf93c2cf20dce46e9f16114cedabb390.jpg

King_V

2015 Mustang GT Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais, 1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT, 2016 Toyota Prius Two Eco
New guy from New Jersey

Hey all...

I am NOT a Mustang owner, and never have been.

Yet.

In fact, I've never owned a new car. Until the retro Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger came out a few years ago, the last new car I had any interest in was... the 1987 Buick Grand National.

So, I will be getting a 2015 Mustang sometime early 2015.

I only know for sure that I will be getting the following options:

1. GT
  2. Automatic
  3. Spoiler-delete
  4. 18" Foundry Black-Painted Aluminum wheels
  5. All-weather floor mats
I'm curious as to what effect on aerodynamic drag, if any the spoiler, or lack thereof if I delete it, has.

Just about everything else so far is up in the air. I admit some disappointment in not being able to choose certain items without getting an entire package.

What I *would* like... but they seem to require that you get the GT Premium:

1. Selectable driving mode - really for the transmission shift points
  2. Pony projection lamps
  3. Ambient Lighting
  4. Rear diffuser (presumably if it helps aerodynamics at all)
I actually wouldn't mind one or two of the other items that come along with the Premium, but . . I hate, HATE . .

• Leather seats :rant:
  • Heated/cooled seats:frusty:

Cannot stand them! Don't want the added weight and gizmos required for the heated/cooled seats, and I find leather to be not a whole lot different than the old-school vinyl seats.

I'd also like the "unique" air-splitter that comes with the Performance Package (if it reduces aerodynamic drag), but I don't want any o the other stuff that comes with the Performance Package.

Thus, I find myself sort of living with the potential that I either have to NOT get certain options that I want, or suck it down and get the Seating and some of the other items that come along with the Premium in order to get a few of the things that I do want.

Ah well, I'll have to sort it out at some point I guess. I do wish Ford was a bit more flexible about some of this stuff, though.

I was hoping that the Guard would have more green to it than it seems to - my mom had a 1975 Buick Skylark, and I had a 1974 Dodge Dart Sport. They were both very close in color, a nice, deep, metallic green, but very very GREEN... whereas Guard seems almost grey, and the green is there if you look close.

Ah well, a few other potential colors I do like, so there is that. Orange, Yellow, maybe Race Red, though, I think I like Magnetic a bit as well.

Still, I really wish it was like the days the old-timers talk about, where you could mix and match any combination of options you wanted....

Sponsored

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
You seem a little obsessed over drag and aero, what's the main reason? Optimizing fuel economy, top speed, or something else?

I bet if you get the leather, someone around will be more than willing to swap them with you. Of course, the Recarro option will get you leather, but without the added weight of heat/cool/electric. They'll also be easy enough to get rid of/swap with someone with cloth Recarros.

michformulas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium
Hello, Scott here. 2015 Black GT Premium manual. I wanted Ingot Silver with 19" optional wheels but couldn't wait to order or find one anywhere close to here. I like black but always looks dirty....oh well. I see this car as a blank canvas. Red stripes?, staggered summer wheels and tires? lowering springs? I traded in my heavily modified 2012 Wrangler on 35's. Our other cars....
92 YJ Wrangler 4.0 auto in process of 4" lift and new axles soon to be on 35's to replace the traded in Wrangler (bounce off trees and giggle!)
2000 F250 Supercab Lariat, 4X4 small lift, Kumho KL71's Meyer's plow
1968 Barracuda Formula S, Cali black plate, 340 stroked and built to 416cid
1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom fleetside shortbox, father son project with my 8 yr old
Wife's 2010 black Denali
Wife's 1967 Cadillac Deville 'vert.
my mustang.jpeg

Nowatertower

Nowatertower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Athena
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
dang, so weird about the light in NM, I knew that car was in NM the second I looked at the pic (w/o looking at your profile). I lived in Santa Fe for a couple years, the light there really is it's own thing. Nice car btw.

King_V

2015 Mustang GT Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais, 1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT, 2016 Toyota Prius Two Eco
You seem a little obsessed over drag and aero, what's the main reason? Optimizing fuel economy, top speed, or something else?
In a way, I am. I like the idea of aero being optimized for the car. Oddly, I'm not really looking to take it to the 1/4 mile (though I want it to be fast), and it's not going to be a daily driver (though I'd like to maximize fuel economy), so I think it's more along the lines of maximizing what I have. Trying to get the best of all worlds, I suppose I just simply like the idea of getting the lowest aero-drag I can get with the options available on the car. Also, trying to get an understanding of what (optional) components have an effect... and if reality is counterintuitive. ie: it seems to me that the spoiler would create additional aerodynamic drag, but in some cases on some cars it can reduce it, compared to not having the spoiler.

EDIT: and, probably also because my current car is not aerodynamic. Well, maybe it is, much in the way that an office building is aerodynamic. It's a 1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX Coupe.

I bet if you get the leather, someone around will be more than willing to swap them with you. Of course, the Recarro option will get you leather, but without the added weight of heat/cool/electric. They'll also be easy enough to get rid of/swap with someone with cloth Recarros.
Hmm, something I hadn't thought of. Then again, I wasn't really looking to start swapping parts after buying a new car either, and . . uh. . . I'm sounding like I want it all, aren't I? LOL

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
Hi , Steve here. Prior owner of 2 mustangs , a 79 inline-6 and 00 GT . Swapped out the GT for a Mazda tribute (because kids) , and then bought a Mazdaspeed3 2.5 years ago . It was a good compromise vehicle for the price.

Recently got a new job with a good raise and have my eye on a GT , 350GT , or even a Porsche Cayman next.
Sponsored