Sponsored

Got my car today!

Qwkynuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Well, technically, not my car. But I bought it, so I guess it's my car now.

A little background:

My sales guy took the liberty of placing an order for me shortly after I told him that I was putting my current Mustang up for sale, back at the beginning of October. I sold my car on Halloween and started thinking seriously about its replacement, so we stopped by the dealership to start the order process.

When we arrived, he told us that there was no need to order, since he had already taken care of that, but he let us test drive a Guard V6 that they had just gotten in.

We stopped by again this past Sunday, to see if anything new was going on, or if he had any information for us. It turned out that he was out sick, so we spoke to his manager for a while. They had 2 new GTs in stock, one of which was very similar to the one that they had ordered for me, but sadly, was an automatic. Since I hadn't driven a GT yet, we took a Magnetic Premium 400a for a spin.

Today, I took the wife's Focus in for an oil change and decided to see if I could find out the order number from one of the other sales guys. I was hoping to get a feel for what my delivery date might be, and to consider whether I might need to consider looking at some cars on the lot. What I found out was that my order didn't even have a VIN yet. Clearly, this meant that there was no way I would be seeing my car before late January, or maybe even February.

Since I didn't want to miss out on the incentives that I had lined up, I decided to take another look at the automatic. Long story short, it is sitting in my driveway right now. It doesn't have a couple of the options that I wanted, and has a couple that I didn't, it got the basics right - a Ruby Red GT with 401a and 19" wheels.

A couple of things that might be interesting to other buyers:

I had 4 different incentives lined up that I hoped to use:
  • The EAA $750
  • $750 Loyalty Cash
  • $750 "Customer Cash" from the brochure
  • The $500 "Black Friday incentive

According to my dealer, the 3 $750 offers are exclusive, but any one of them could combine with the Black Friday deal. This was disappointing to me because an email from [email protected] had indicated that the EAA and Loyalty Cash could be combined. The net of it was that I ended up at $1250 below X-Plan.

Speaking of X-Plan, the dealer also got hung up on the wording of the "60 day membership" requirement. I had started out with my EAA Pin, to go with my EAA discount, but they wouldn't allow it because I joined on 11/1. Luckily, I also had a Pin from MCA, which I joined back in May, so it all worked out. I spent about 10 minutes trying to explain why they were wrong, but never got any traction. It would be nice if Ford would clarify that sentence.

Finally, they told me that as a matter of policy, they weren't taking X-Plan on their stock inventory, but since this was my 8th new car from them they were going to let it slide. It probably didn't hurt that they will eventually have my (ordered) car to sell.....

Anyway, that is how I came to have a Ruby Red GT Premium 401a, with 50th Anniversary Package, 3:55 gears, Navigation, Reverse Sensors, and an automatic transmission in my driveway.... instead of a Ruby Red GT Premium 401a with Adaptive Cruise, Enhanced Security, Navigation, Reverse Sensors, 19" Premium Paint Aluminum Wheels, Premier Trim, and a manual transmission.

Here are a couple of pictures. Had to work today, so I only had a few minutes this morning. Hopefully tomorrow I will have more time.

(removed the photos - long story)
Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Congrats. :) We need some pics. Ruby Red is one of my favorites on the new Mustang.

humster21

Black Mustang Lover
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
15 Black EB Premium w/PP
Congrats!

OP
OP
Qwkynuf

Qwkynuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Congrats. :) We need some pics. Ruby Red is one of my favorites on the new Mustang.
Got home after dark today. Pictures will have to wait till tomorrow, if I can get home before sundown, or Thursday morning.

I am coming from a 2006 Redfire Mustang, which I thought was the most beautiful color I had ever seen - until I saw Ruby Red on the 2015.

Just spectacular!

Sponsored

r123070

r123070
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP / 11 V6
Love the color...

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
damn that color is pretty

Diggitydog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GHIG GT Vert
I have Ruby Red on my F150 and the color is gorgeous. Totally nails it on the Mustang. It's the best Red variant I've ever seen, by any manufacturer. I walked out once this summer after having the truck for over 18 months and the color literally gave me pause / took my breath away in the light. I had a moment of "Is this really my truck?" All color, beautiful.

Sponsored

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
Beautiful color. Wow, it looks great! Enjoy

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
:thumbsup::hail::hail::thumbsup:

attachment.jpg

NewSchool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Beautiful! Ruby red was my intentions but after seeing a Ingot Silver car I change my mind. And the fact that I've had three red mustangs in the past, it was time for a change.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Great looking color, most likely my first choice if they still have it on the 16's. It is beautiful in both the sun and the shade.:thumbsup:
Sponsored