c3po

CNCforlife
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion- company car
I find it kind of interesting that in all of these prototype videos the drivers are never even remotely interested in showing off "even a little." They must have their jobs riding on driving them in such a way as to only derive the information they're trying to gather for that particular trip. I can't imagine Ford just giving them to certain employees to put miles on them. I'm sure Ford knows the roads are littered with "people like us" who are just waiting to video one of theirs doing something illegal. Come on guys, how about a good rev, at least?
Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

sublime5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I'm liking these wheels better much better than the PP black wheels. First time I've seen these ones too.

johnnyblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
Nice find. It looks nearly identical and is an awesome looking wheel IMO. A nice balance of glossy black and silver.

Sponsored

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
Reminds me of the 20 inch taurus wheels
[/URL][/IMG]
Similar, I'm just glad the Mustang wheel doesn't have the extra 5 black spokes the Taurus wheel does. Also guessing by the profile of the sidewall those are probably 18" wheels.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Similar, I'm just glad the Mustang wheel doesn't have the extra 5 black spokes the Taurus wheel does. Also guessing by the profile of the sidewall those are probably 18" wheels.
You appear to be correct! Look here at the response to my inquiry about this wheel.

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
CO looks much closer to orange in the natural daylight. Ford needs to dump their lighting team next show circuit.

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
We were able to get photos of Comp Orange out in the wild, sporting the tri-bar pony badge in the rear and wheels mentioned above.

2015 Mustang Competition Orange1.jpg

2015 Mustang Competition Orange2.jpg

2015 Mustang Competition Orange3.jpg

2015 Mustang Competition Orange4.jpg

2015 Mustang Competition Orange5.jpg

2015 Mustang Competition Orange6.jpg

2015 Mustang Competition Orange7.jpg

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Great pics!

So, do we think the Tri-bar pony badge means this is the V6? :shrug:

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
Never seen the tri-bar added to the rear pony before ... think I like the plain pony better.

Did not really care for either the plain pony or GT emblems when 1st shown, but I think they've grown on me a bit since.

If the tri-bar becomes production (or as a way to differentiate V6 & Ecoboost as TT wonders), I'd probably learn to live with it too.

Doug

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
As I posted somewhere else I think this is our first look at a Completely Base V-6 model. With the confirmed 18" Wheels, the Halogen Headlights, and the Fully Painted One Piece Rear Bumper/Diffuser which we saw previously on the Race Red GT from the California debut which I have always believed was accidentally installed on that car from a Base V-6. As for the Tri-Bar Pony I do think that's how they will differentiate the V-6 from the Eco-Boost. If So I'll be replacing the Pony on My Eco-Boost Coupe with the Tri-Bar Pony.

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
As I posted somewhere else I think this is our first look at a Completely Base V-6 model. With the confirmed 18" Wheels, the Halogen Headlights, and the Fully Painted One Piece Rear Bumper/Diffuser which we saw previously on the Race Red GT from the California debut which I have always believed was accidentally installed on that car from a Base V-6. As for the Tri-Bar Pony I do think that's how they will differentiate the V-6 from the Eco-Boost. If So I'll be replacing the Pony on My Eco-Boost Coupe with the Tri-Bar Pony.
I could see the tribar indicating V6...

Also that Race Red GT from cali was also a base model so i think its likely the painted diffuser is going to go with all base models V6, ecoboost, or GT.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
Yeah I'm guessing v6 but why does it have clear turns instead of amber? Usually amber is for the base vehicles? And we have already seen some with amber..
Sponsored