Sponsored

2015 Mustang GT Versus 2014 Mustang GT Comparison

Melino

Nice comparison!

I especially like the overhead one that really shows off how much wider the S550 is.

MYs197

:coolphotos:

The pics really begin to make the S197 look a little too tall and narrow doesn't it?

Still the biggest difference for me is seeing how much lower the rear is and the interior is in a different class.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I love the overhead shot of the interior. Love the seating positions.

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
The pictures of the S550 are really making the current car look quite dated. Seeing the early comparisons pretty much eliminated my thoughts of maybe getting a 14 on the cheap. I liked the 10-12 front end better than the 13/14 front anyway; the current one looks a bit bloated and busy up front, at least in my opinion.

Sponsored

Macfarland

MacFastang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Prius III Touring
The pictures of the S550 are really making the current car look quite dated. Seeing the early comparisons pretty much eliminated my thoughts of maybe getting a 14 on the cheap. I liked the 10-12 front end better than the 13/14 front anyway; the current one looks a bit bloated and busy up front, at least in my opinion.
My thoughts exactly. I was debating which front looked better the '12 or the '13 and in pics the '12 looked more aggressive but in person I think the '13 looks better and also aggressive.
This S550 really does make the current car look outdated and the interior is lightyears apart. What I like about s550's interior is that it doesn't share any layout nor buttons with other fords. The '10-'14 had the buttons and layout similar if not almost identical to the '10-'12 Fusion and the '10-'12 Taurus. The only thing I don't like about the s550 cockpit is the tach/speedometer fonts. They should have kept the classic fonts that look more muscle car like. I always wanted a mustang since I was 14 but the quality was never there and I've driving German since my early 20s. This s550 will finally be my first Mustang in V8 form and manual transmission for the first time ever!! :headbang:

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
Nicely done JarStang.
Lower, wider, sleeker, and more stylish are all clearly demonstrated in your comparison.

Pabo

Besides design (which is subjective), what do you guys see as the biggest advantages the 2015 offers over the 2014? I see that its rear track is a lot wider which I think will help with cornering and overall handling but will I feel the difference compared to the 2014 in regular driving? I'm looking mostly for a DD that can replace my 2001.

Leaning towards waiting but there are some pretty good deals on the 14's that are tempting.

VIN666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
I love the shot from the top.
The S550 looks twice as wide as the current car.
While it's only a few inches wider, the repositioning of the c-pillars was a genious move that adds so much to the looks.
Love it.

Sponsored

Clearman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
1991 Explorer
Where are the reverse lights on the S550? :shrug:

VIN666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
In the center of the difuser.
Learned that from NFS :)

Clearman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
1991 Explorer
Also, does anyone know if the S550 has sequential rear signals?

Clearman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
1991 Explorer

Clearman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
1991 Explorer
Besides design (which is subjective), what do you guys see as the biggest advantages the 2015 offers over the 2014? I see that its rear track is a lot wider which I think will help with cornering and overall handling but will I feel the difference compared to the 2014 in regular driving? I'm looking mostly for a DD that can replace my 2001.

Leaning towards waiting but there are some pretty good deals on the 14's that are tempting.
Lower, lighter, wider, faster, and IRS means better handling = One MEAN mother of a Stang!

Now let's talk 'boost' ;-)
Sponsored