Sponsored

50th anniversary Mustang marketing campaign has begun

ArtRios87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Brembo Pack
Love it. How cool would it be to own an original T5. But why was it called the T5?
What a beautiful car, one my favorites. I one day want to have one of those. I am glad she has kept the car all those years. I am in my 3rd mustang and I can't get rid of them so I give them to my younger brothers, good thing I have another lil brother to take over the one I have so that I can jump into the 2015.
Sponsored

Proudgeek

OCD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Three Stangs
Love it. How cool would it be to own an original T5. But why was it called the T5?
Ford changed the model name from mustang to t5 in Germany as the P-51 mustang was flown in battle during WWII and wanted to avoid any negative public reactions to the name.

SunTzu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope

Proudgeek

OCD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Three Stangs

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I have to admit, I'm very, very disappointed with these 16 second videos.

At least the first bunch of countdown videos were actually related to the Mustang.

:(

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
I'm seriously disappointed with Everything about this Marketing Campaign. Especially considering they made it sound like a Big Roll Out Campaign with Teasers over a 15 day period leading up to the Debut of the 2015 Mustang. Hell this is a Huge Milestone, not many cars can claim to have been in Continuous Production for 50 Years, and They're posting art films? The 2010 Sneak Peek Campaign was Much More Exciting and that was just a Refresh. Sadly I'm begining to think I'm going to be a bit disappointed when they actually do Reveal the car. This should have been Exciting, but it's Not.

OP
OP

Melino

Hold your horses guys. Let's not bring out the pitchforks yet. I agre the marketing is disappointing but it shouldn't be a reflection on what we see in a few weeks. If they show a beautiful car all will be forgotten completely.

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
I'm seriously disappointed with Everything about this Marketing Campaign. Especially considering they made it sound like a Big Roll Out Campaign with Teasers over a 15 day period leading up to the Debut of the 2015 Mustang. Hell this is a Huge Milestone, not many cars can claim to have been in Continuous Production for 50 Years, and They're posting art films? The 2010 Sneak Peek Campaign was Much More Exciting and that was just a Refresh. Sadly I'm begining to think I'm going to be a bit disappointed when they actually do Reveal the car. This should have been Exciting, but it's Not.
I agree 100%. These videos seems to be a bunch of film students using any social channel they can to be seen. Why the heck would Ford even use them -- did they not get any "real" videos? Did they just give up, or what?

Regardless of how awesome the car is or isn't, there has been nothing done in to make me think something exciting is happening on December 5th. The 50th anniversary of Mustang, and this is what we get? And it isn't only about what we get to see -- this marks 50 YEARS -- THEY(Ford) should be excited about this!

ThunderHorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
OW EcoBeast
You gents ever chase a lady over and over, always getting just a tease(if that even!) that by the time she wants to come round you're just no longer interested?? Me neither, but this is sure as hell happening with this marketing. Unfortunately I find myself visiting the Genesis Coupe and Corvette forums more than this one now...

Sponsored

yanks1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT/Calif Special Vert
this campaign is disappointing to say the least. And I thought we would get additional teaser photos by now after the initial one of the running Pony.. oh well,

FireDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma / 2012 HD Fatboy Lo
Here's the latest "countdown" videos....... so have they lost their minds?

I suggest you read the comments Ford. It's not too late to pull the plug on this campaign.
Some of those comments have me: :lol: Some funny stuff.