Sponsored

LA Auto Show Gallery: Need for Speed Mustang and 50 Years Display

OKCfan

:coolphotos:

I'm looking forward to the day we get to see the S550 in such hi quality pics.

Vickstang

Dammit. Was secretly hoping for some kind of 2015 teaser/preview at LA. Oh well, a few more weeks won't kill me.... will it?

Sponsored

BlueVenom

Thanks for all the great content on the forum Jarstang!

attachment.jpg

That Nitto mustang looks great. The grille is pretty cool with the floating pony look.

Rob

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Curious that the old GT350 is part of the show. A possible indicator of things to come?

ngiotta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT / 1970 Mach 1 (Twin Turbo Coyote)
It's obvious the GT350 is coming back. There'd be no reason to display the original for this type of venue. That said, I hope the new Mustang doesn't borrow too many styling cues from the NFS Mustang. It looks dreadful. Fake scoops and a Pep Boys body kit aren't attractive-- on any car. The only thing that looks sillier is that Galpin wide-body GT500.

RIParker

Why would you assume just because the NFS has a lot of fake elements (which makes sense since it was made for a movie) that the S550 would also if it has some of its cues. Body kits are never gonna look as clean as integrated/original design.

That said I bet there will be more than a few cues. The 'coke bottle' look is there, slightly wider, big front splitter and rockers, large brake ducts and maybe losing the fake gas cap in the decklid. Yea the NFS one has a lot of fake shit but if they build it into the car and make it functional I don't see why it couldn't look good on the 2015.

ngiotta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT / 1970 Mach 1 (Twin Turbo Coyote)
Why would you assume just because the NFS has a lot of fake elements (which makes sense since it was made for a movie) that the S550 would also if it has some of its cues. Body kits are never gonna look as clean as integrated/original design.

That said I bet there will be more than a few cues. The 'coke bottle' look is there, slightly wider, big front splitter and rockers, large brake ducts and maybe losing the fake gas cap in the decklid. Yea the NFS one has a lot of fake shit but if they build it into the car and make it functional I don't see why it couldn't look good on the 2015.
The home page linking to this thread says:

"Of the Mustangs on display, the Need For Speed “Hero” Mustang made an appearance which many have indicated provides a preview of a few design elements which will make its way to the S550 Mustang."

So you see, I didn't assume anything. I just read the intro... :shocked:

Sponsored

RIParker

Yes I read that. And my point is a preview of a few design elements doesn't mean it has to look like shit if those elements aren't fake on the S550. That's all I'm trying to say. The NFS Mustang body kit wasn't done particularly well I agree but I like some of its styling cues.

Some of it made its way to the USAF Thunderbirds Edition and looks much better on it IMO.

Voodoo

Elite Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Car
:coolphotos: The anticipation is killing me! 14 more days!

Josh Painter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
the-12th-fan.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Fusion SEL
Yet another new Shelby Mustang to debut at LA Auto Show

Although Shelby has announced the end of the GT350 as we know it, that doesn't mean that Ford's most famous business partner is paring down its model lineup. A new Shelby variation on the Mustang will be revealed today at the LA Auto Show. No one expects Shelby to step on Ford's S550 rollout, so the latest Shelby iteration is likely to be yet another S197 variant. Does the apparent lack of a big bulge in the hood indicate that the car may be the 2014 GTS?

shelby1k

It's the return of the Shelby GT, S197 of course.

Shelby American will once again build Shelby GT Mustangs based on the 2014 Mustang GT.

“The Shelby GT was one of the most important vehicles in modern Shelby history,” John Luft, president of Shelby American, said at the L.A. Auto Show on Wednesday. “Ever since the Shelby GT went out of production, people have clamored for its return.”

In 2007, Ford, Carroll Shelby and Ford Racing created the Shelby GT. The cars started life as Mustang GTs and were shipped directly from the Mustang plant in Michigan to Shelby American in Las Vegas for modifications.

Dealers could then order the cars through Ford and Shelby.

The new Shelby GT will be a post-title car – meaning it will be shipped to Shelby American by dealers or customers after the cars have been purchased from Ford.

The entry-level package – which will cost $14,995 – will include a Ford Racing suspension,Shelby exhaust, intake and engine-tune, specially designed wheels and tires, a short-throw shifter, custom hood and LeMans stripes.

Based on a fairly well-equipped Mustang GT, the basic Shelby GT should cost a total of about $45,000 and be rated at 430 horsepower, the company said.

Customers also can opt for supercharged versions of the car with 525 or 624 horsepower. The base version of the Shelby GT/SC starts at $24,995.

“No other carmaker offers this level of performance, heritage and iconic styling at this price,” Luft said.

Customers can build their Shelby GTs online at www.shelbyamerican.com/2014shelbygt.
Sponsored