Sponsored

Any GT350 owners contemplating the '17 Raptor?

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Wow B&O wonder how that will be.. anyone have any solid leads on dealers not charging ADM?

Only ones I've found at MsRP or close were fully loaded out and not colors I would accept.
Sponsored

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
Same here, a long term keeper. If an all-new Raptor didn't exist then I'd still have my Ram truck... a pickup truck IMO is very practical for a multi-car household. I spec'd my SuperCrew with only 802a, Forged wheels, and Interior accent pkg... plus the must-for-me Avalanche Gray. A longazz wait for it but worthwhile in the end.

:love:
34964312460_3bf92182cd_c.jpg
[MENTION=6571]Bossing[/MENTION],

I'm curious about the interior accent package. I haven't seen it in person. I understand there's some orange-ish treatment on the seats and some aluminum on the dash but can't quite figure out if that's something I'd value. Can you explain / show some pics please?

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
[MENTION=6571]Bossing[/MENTION],

I'm curious about the interior accent package. I haven't seen it in person. I understand there's some orange-ish treatment on the seats and some aluminum on the dash but can't quite figure out if that's something I'd value. Can you explain / show some pics please?
Here's one picture but I'll try to get a few more when I return from my trip. Basically it's not overly done because they're just accent trims and most of the orange you'll see is on the seats. The center stripe on the steering wheel is also orange and the thread stitching is orange as well... including on the steering wheel. The machine turned applique on the dash and door panels also has an orange tone. All in all I like it because it gives interior some liveliness and sporty aesthetics.

34964313630_e153580a1b_c.jpg

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
Here's one picture but I'll try to get a few more when I return from my trip. Basically it's not overly done because they're just accent trims and most of the orange you'll see is on the seats. The center stripe on the steering wheel is also orange and the thread stitching is orange as well... including on the steering wheel. The machine turned applique on the dash and door panels also has an orange tone. All in all I like it because it gives interior some liveliness and sporty aesthetics.

thanks for that.

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor

is that alcantara just inside the orange piping on the seats? or is the lighting in the pic just making it look that way?

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
is that alcantara just inside the orange piping on the seats? or is the lighting in the pic just making it look that way?
Yes that's alcantara on the inner trim of the seats (it's just on the bottom cushion and on the seatback.... so basically the bolsters).
It looks really good, adds grip.

Btw here's a few good shots of the Interior Accent Pkg.

Via Motor Trend
http://www.motortrend.com/news/7-co...#2017-ford-f-150-raptor-center-steering-wheel
http://www.motortrend.com/news/7-co...0-raptor/#2017-ford-f-150-raptor-center-stack

And via Automobile Magazine
Raptor_IntAccPkg.JPG

Last edited:

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
Yes that's alcantara on the inner trim of the seats (it's just on the bottom cushion and on the seatback.... so basically the bolsters).
It looks really good, adds grip.

Btw here's a few good shots of the Interior Accent Pkg.

Via Motor Trend
http://www.motortrend.com/news/7-co...#2017-ford-f-150-raptor-center-steering-wheel
http://www.motortrend.com/news/7-co...0-raptor/#2017-ford-f-150-raptor-center-stack

And via Automobile Magazine
excellent, thanks bossing. I would have completely overlooked that package thinking it was just dash applique and some orange color. it does say "Unique Seat Coverings with Orange Accents" but I didn't pick up that you get some alcantara in there...because there isn't any alcantara on the seats otherwise as far as I can tell.

JRedondox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I am ordering a raptor to go with both my GT350R :)

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I went and look at the Raptor a couple weeks ago. I know it's off road capabilities but I just can't get past the V6. I picked this up instead, a 17 Roush off Road. No SP'er but at least a V8
Sorry pic won't upload

Sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350, '68 Firebird, '17 Raptor, '18 Macan GTS
I put 135k miles on my gen one and drove it like it was meant to be driven. Hard and fast. I loved that truck. When I ordered my 2017 I was reluctant because of the V6 but I trusted the reviews and went for it. Despite missing the v8 soundtrack I do not miss my 6.2 at all. From a performance standpoint it is superior in every way.

Sponsored

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
Tha V8 Roush exhaust system is great!!
I wish this would let me upload a pic because this truck is beautiful.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Tha V8 Roush exhaust system is great!!
I wish this would let me upload a pic because this truck is beautiful.
THe trucks are worlds apart. The Raptor rides and drives smoother and when the road changes... well there's no comparo.

If V8 sound is all that changes your mind then yes this truck is not for you.

Random driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor 2017 GT350R
New to posting but have reviewed this forum for some time. Anyway, picked up an AG GT350R this weekend. And have had my 17 Raptor for a few weeks now. Enjoying them both so far. Hope to do the ford track days in the next few months.
IMG_3429.jpg
IMG_3430.jpg

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
New to posting but have reviewed this forum for some time. Anyway, picked up an AG GT350R this weekend. And have had my 17 Raptor for a few weeks now. Enjoying them both so far. Hope to do the ford track days in the next few months.
Great combo. Mine are the opposite. LB GT350 and AV Raptor...:thumbsup:
Sponsored