Moments In Motorsport: ZL1 Addons

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
I'd like a NASCAR style spoiler for the S550... much more closer to vertical than present day function-less spoilers. Want to try something like that out. Probably will be making it myself this summer. Anyway, plan to get your tow hooks shortly.
Second this. I would like to see a wicker/Nascar style spoiler for the S550.
Sponsored

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
ZL1 Addons Lift Pads Jacking Pads Jacking Rails

I purchased ZL1 Addons lift pads after reading this write up. From the OP's write up I had the impression ZL1 products are made in America. I can say the lift pads are not.

My initial impression was disappointment with value, generic design and made in Taiwan.

After installation my opinion improved as they do seem to work. You can place the jack pad directly on them without contacting the vehicle's side skirts or sheet metal.

I am concerned if they will hold tight over time. Instructions say to retorque the set screws after a couple uses. I'd agree! I lifted and lowered the car a couple times using the pads and they all needed to be snugged up again (and again, and again). Are the lift pads bending? Is the pinch weld compressing?

I used Loc-Tite on the set screws and I'd highly recommend you do the same. I'll check tightness again after the next use.

I've only used for 1 day so time will tell, but overall they are an OK product. FAIR design, FAIR value, GOOD initial function, TBD longevity.
IMG_3559low.jpg
IMG_3563low.jpg
IMG_3566low.jpg
IMG_3568low.jpg
IMG_3570low.jpg
IMG_3574low.jpg
IMG_3576low.jpg
IMG_3578low.jpg
IMG_3581low.jpg
IMG_3571low.jpg

Last edited:

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
ZL1 Addons Lift Pads Jacking Pads Jacking Rails

I purchased ZL1 Addons lift pads after reading this write up. From the OP's write up I had the impression ZL1 products are made in America. I can say the lift pads are not.

My initial impression was disappointment with value, generic design and made in Taiwan.

After installation my opinion improved as they do seem to work. You can place the jack pad directly on them without contacting the vehicle's side skirts or sheet metal.

I am concerned if they will hold tight over time. Instructions say to retorque the set screws after a couple uses. I'd agree! I lifted and lowered the car a couple times using the pads and they all needed to be snugged up again (and again, and again). Are the lift pads bending? Is the pinch weld compressing?

I used Loc-Tite on the set screws and I'd highly recommend you do the same. I'll check tightness again after the next use.

I've only used for 1 day so time will tell, but overall they are an OK product. FAIR design, FAIR value, GOOD initial function, TBD longevity.
IMG_3559low.jpg
IMG_3563low.jpg
IMG_3566low.jpg
IMG_3568low.jpg
IMG_3570low.jpg
IMG_3574low.jpg
IMG_3576low.jpg
IMG_3578low.jpg
IMG_3581low.jpg
IMG_3571low.jpg
Any update on these? they're on sale right now and thinking of getting them

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
What a thread revival.

Spend the extra money and get jacking rails. I don't know of anyone who's had issues with or disliked them.

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
What a thread revival.

Spend the extra money and get jacking rails. I don't know of anyone who's had issues with or disliked them.
I pretty much never get under my car but figured what's 80 bucks so I ordered them lol

Sponsored

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
Lucky for you this M6G old timer still checks in. I had these on my car for years and really enjoyed them. A couple years back, I broke down and replaced them with BMR jacking rails. I like those too, but in essence they serve the same purpose, yet weigh more. The rails may be a touch simpler to use, but both had upside. I had no issues with the pads and I still keep them.

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Lucky for you this M6G old timer still checks in. I had these on my car for years and really enjoyed them. A couple years back, I broke down and replaced them with BMR jacking rails. I like those too, but in essence they serve the same purpose, yet weigh more. The rails may be a touch simpler to use, but both had upside. I had no issues with the pads and I still keep them.
haha I only revived the thread when I checked you were still active. I plan to just blue loctite them on
Sponsored