Sponsored

Modifying As-Built Data Guide

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Does anyone have a link of a guide to modify the BCM for gear changes? I tried searching but have found nothing... I know I have seen a guide before...
If your are just looking to correct your speedo after a gear swap if the gear change is not to steep the bcm will relearn the speed through the abs module,if the gear change is too steep u can use an sctx4 to correct the speedo,im 100% positive about this because i just did it myself when i switched from 373 to 331 gears.
Sponsored

Built4Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium White
I think... I guess I could be mistaken... the 1/8 and 1/4 mile dragstrip would be a prime place to turn the nannies off. ...but maybe not.
Absolutely correct. HOWEVER, the Roush TVS 670hp tune may still be managing torque/power through timing or other methods than just the "nannies."

My 1/8 ET, MPH & 60' times are better across the board on 285/35/20 (27.9" diameter) street tires than on the 315/35/17 (25.9") drag radial tires. The drag setup is lighter, gets better traction and is a smaller diameter tire (which I calculate to effectively give my 3.55 differential 3.72 gearing). Considering those parameters, one would believe 1/8 ET, trap speed & 60' would be better on the drag radials than street tires.

When I race I'm pulling the ABS/Traction control /advanced tracks fuse which disables the nannies. I think the reason for the slower 1/8 figures is the Roush TVS tune is sensing rear wheel slip due to the the smaller diameter tire spinning faster than the diameter registered in the control module and then tries to limit torque/power.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Absolutely correct. HOWEVER, the Roush TVS 670hp tune may still be managing torque/power through timing or other methods than just the "nannies."

My 1/8 ET, MPH & 60' times are better across the board on 285/35/20 (27.9" diameter) street tires than on the 315/35/17 (25.9") drag radial tires. The drag setup is lighter, gets better traction and is a smaller diameter tire (which I calculate to effectively give my 3.55 differential 3.72 gearing). Considering those parameters, one would believe 1/8 ET, trap speed & 60' would be better on the drag radials than street tires.

When I race I'm pulling the ABS/Traction control /advanced tracks fuse which disables the nannies. I think the reason for the slower 1/8 figures is the Roush TVS tune is sensing rear wheel slip due to the the smaller diameter tire spinning faster than the diameter registered in the control module and then tries to limit torque/power.
seems like something to take up with Roush. The only way to sense wheel slip is to look for a difference in rotational velocity. On a RWD vehicle that's easiest if you look at the difference between front and rear. Are you only changing the diameter of the rear tires?

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Does anyone have a link of a guide to modify the BCM for gear changes? I tried searching but have found nothing... I know I have seen a guide before...
That's documented in the original spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-gytuV9qPfxvLLcFBIl6nt9h5MGW-NWEPc04cN-ro60/edit#gid=0

If that doesn't work and you just want to get your speedo accurate, you could just use my instructions for correcting speedo error: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67564

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
actually with FORscan... there is now a drop down gear change menu... super easy.

Sponsored

sidneyvega

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sidney
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
actually with FORscan... there is now a drop down gear change menu... super easy.
I don't understand the relation between the gear ratio and the computer. To me a gear is a physical things that can't be altered, but just swapped out. What is this sorcery? lol.

sidneyvega

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sidney
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Also, if anyone knows of a way to keep fog lamps on while hazard lights are on. Please reply/ : )

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I don't understand the relation between the gear ratio and the computer. To me a gear is a physical things that can't be altered, but just swapped out. What is this sorcery? lol.
The computer has to know the ratio to compute the final drive. It doesn't physically change the gear, but programming is the only way to inform the computer that you've physically changed the gear.

I don't know if it matters on a manual transmission since the computer never knows what gear you're in. (It might make a guess based on speed and RPM. The only two variables are transmission gear selection and clutch slippage.)

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Daytime Running Lights (DRL) for U.S. and Canadian cars with instrument cluster control under lighting:

Body Control Module (BCM):
726-16-02 x1x1 x1x1 x1xx - Enables control via IPC
726-21-01 xxxx xxxx x1xx - Enables control via IPC
726-50-01 04xx - Enables fog lights as DRL (the only choice possible on our cars)

Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC):
720-02-01 xxCx xxxx xxxx - Enables the DRL setting in the lighting menu. This is tricky. If you already have an "8" there then you change this to a "C" otherwise add 4 if you don't have the menu already

Note: DRL will only come on when you set your transmission to "Drive" if you have an auto or when you disengage your e-brake if you have a manual.

This mod does not affect the "fins" lights at all. By default the U.S. cars have the fog DRL disabled and Canadian cars enabled but without IPC control.
I can confirm that it works for European cars too.

Sponsored

pardoneo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex-'16 Mustang EcoBaby // Current '16 GT Convertible
I can confirm that it works for European cars too.
I don´t understand, what is the deal with this? is just a way to have in the instrument cluster a way to enable/disable our ugly DLR?

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I don´t understand, what is the deal with this? is just a way to have in the instrument cluster a way to enable/disable our ugly DLR?
I too would know if this could be of any use for us :)

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
It's not of any use to those with a EU spec car who have disabled the ugly fog lights DRLs and have installed the tribars. It's for those who haven't done it yet. If you have installed the tribars, they cannot be disabled by this process.

However, it should be of great use if you have also installed the switch-back turn signals that function as DRLs as well and you would like to be able to disable them and simply have the tribars on! You can disable and enable them at will.

I am still waiting for my modified headlights to arrive, so in the meanwhile I have disabled the fog lights DRLs using FORSCAN. Also, while waiting for my modified headlights, I used FORSCAN to enable my parking lights to function as DRLs! I love this program!

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Daytime Running Lights (DRL) for U.S. and Canadian cars with instrument cluster control under lighting:

Body Control Module (BCM):
726-16-02 x1x1 x1x1 x1xx - Enables control via IPC
726-21-01 xxxx xxxx x1xx - Enables control via IPC
726-50-01 04xx - Enables fog lights as DRL (the only choice possible on our cars)

Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC):
720-02-01 xxCx xxxx xxxx - Enables the DRL setting in the lighting menu. This is tricky. If you already have an "8" there then you change this to a "C" otherwise add 4 if you don't have the menu already

Note: DRL will only come on when you set your transmission to "Drive" if you have an auto or when you disengage your e-brake if you have a manual.

This mod does not affect the "fins" lights at all. By default the U.S. cars have the fog DRL disabled and Canadian cars enabled but without IPC control.
Nice find, going to have to try this out.

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Race Red
So whats the main difference here between enabling all of these lights as DRLs versus just driving with the parking lights on? Just so you can customize which lights actually come on? Or does it have to do with the tri-bar lights being brighter as DRLs than they are when in the parking light mode? Anyone else notice this?
Sponsored