Sponsored

MBRP Race Exhaust Review

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
non pp car?
Yeah its a premium non-PP. No dealers near me had a PP when I bought mine so I went for the loaded one.

Like I said, I love the sound of the exhaust just that one situation that happens to be 95% of my driving is not so good haha. When you're on the gas it sounds great, I got a lot of compliments on it. I think I'm going to try either a resonator or a muffler in the center to tone it down a little, was just wondering if anyone else had done it with this exhaust.
Sponsored

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP M/T Competition Orange
Yeah its a premium non-PP. No dealers near me had a PP when I bought mine so I went for the loaded one.

Like I said, I love the sound of the exhaust just that one situation that happens to be 95% of my driving is not so good haha. When you're on the gas it sounds great, I got a lot of compliments on it. I think I'm going to try either a resonator or a muffler in the center to tone it down a little, was just wondering if anyone else had done it with this exhaust.
I was curious about your transmission comments, not the exhaust. 6th gear is just fine for highway cruising with PP rear diff. It's still really tall, but I just downshift to pass. I don't get vibration and drive line noise unless I cruise through town at 45 in 6th. And then only if I'm too lazy to downshift when accelerating.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I was curious about your transmission comments, not the exhaust. 6th gear is just fine for highway cruising with PP rear diff. It's still really tall, but I just downshift to pass. I don't get vibration and drive line noise unless I cruise through town at 45 in 6th. And then only if I'm too lazy to downshift when accelerating.
I think the non-PP cars are 3.31 rear IIRC, and its too tall for this car. Hell, I'd say it was too tall for a PD blower V8. Acceleration in 6th at normal highway speed is close to nothing, and forget about going 65 in 6th gear. I don't hit 6th until 70 and even that seems to lug the motor a lot. I don't cross 2000RPM until 80.

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
3.31 is the gear ratio for non-PP manuals. I also stay in 5th until about 70mph. The car is lethargic under 2k RPM in 5th/6th. I try to cruise between 2200-2500rpm in any given gear. I tend to shift at 3k rpm for each gear so that I don't fall below 2k rpm. With such a tall rear end gear, being under 2k rpm in any gear but 1st sucks. 3.73s should be standard for manuals. I'm also terrified of lugging the engine and making it go boom.

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP M/T Competition Orange
3.31 is the gear ratio for non-PP manuals. I also stay in 5th until about 70mph. The car is lethargic under 2k RPM in 5th/6th. I try to cruise between 2200-2500rpm in any given gear. I tend to shift at 3k rpm for each gear so that I don't fall below 2k rpm. With such a tall rear end gear, being under 2k rpm in any gear but 1st sucks. 3.73s should be standard for manuals. I'm also terrified of lugging the engine and making it go boom.
1st, and 2nd are so short I don't know if 3.73 rear end would be good for a daily driver. Maybe though, I'm happy with the 3.55 gears. I didn't realize how bad people with the base 3.31 had it though. I checked my tach today with the cruise set to 70 and it was about 2200 rpm. I still downshift to pass though, and it was the same way in my last sports car, a 1997 trams am ws6. Super tall 6th gear, basically for gas mileage only.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Palmtrees&2.3s

Palmtrees&2.3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic Bass

I think you need to readjust your exhaust. Mine would rest somewhere on the body making it ratte and resonate.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)

A friend of mind - and active member of the forum - gave me some very useful piece of information that might interest you (and maybe others that cannot tolerate the sound of their exhaust). As you know there is an active noise control in the EcoBoost (like in most turbo cars). It seems that somehow this does not operate normally when we change our exhausts, as it is only compatible with certain frequencies in the stock setup. New exhausts, like the MBRPs, emit sound waves at frequencies that cannot be controlled by the active sound control system of the car. So...

There is a small mic located in the headliner just above the back seat. Pull your headliner back (grabbing the edges of it with both hands, not at the center as you might destroy it) and simply unplug that mic. You should see a significant improvement in the sound (drone?) you get in the cabin and, in fact, you should even improve the way they sound inside the cabin. You will even get an improvement in the sound of your sound system (HiFi). Try this, I believe it will help.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
A friend of mind - and active member of the forum - gave me some very useful piece of information that might interest you (and maybe others that cannot tolerate the sound of their exhaust). As you know there is an active noise control in the EcoBoost (like in most turbo cars). It seems that somehow this does not operate normally when we change our exhausts, as it is only compatible with certain frequencies in the stock setup. New exhausts, like the MBRPs, emit sound waves at frequencies that cannot be controlled by the active sound control system of the car. So...

There is a small mic located in the headliner just above the back seat. Pull your headliner back (grabbing the edges of it with both hands, not at the center as you might destroy it) and simply unplug that mic. You should see a significant improvement in the sound (drone?) you get in the cabin and, in fact, you should even improve the way they sound inside the cabin. You will even get an improvement in the sound of your sound system (HiFi). Try this, I believe it will help.
Yes thats a good point. Unplugging the ANC happened I think day 2 of the MBRP, I haven't plugged it back in yet. I like the sound of the motor without the synthesizer honestly. It was much, much better with that off but it still drones like hell. The sound is so deep going up hill at 70 that you can feel it in your chest cavity.

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
I have this model of the MBRP, "S7275409 T409 3" Dual Split Rear Race Version Cat Back with 4.5" Tips". Below are a couple sound vid clips I took when I got it. Within this weekend I will be doing better ones + doing drive by ones (slow and fast - full throttle).

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Can also be disabled via software(Forscan).

duanbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse
I just installed in mbrp race exhaust and i realized it drones at 1800-2000 rpm. Anyone knows a way to remove drone ?
Sponsored