Stolen wheels.....

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
One reason I don't like to park mine anywhere.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Maybe we'll see them on Ebay tomorrow like the last time this happened.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, they actually parked that outside and overnight?
It's a dealership not a car owner. As long as it's clean when they go to sell it, they don't really care about long term problems.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
You know it wasn't anyone who know cars that well other than how to be a theif. Why not put the blocks where they would best support the car safely while you steal as opposed to crushing the car?

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
You know it wasn't anyone who know cars that well other than how to be a theif. Why not put the blocks where they would best support the car safely while you steal as opposed to crushing the car?
Because they dont care? They are happy as long as they get the wheels undamaged.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Doesn't much matter how well they 'know cars' because it's all about getting the theft job over and done with and away from the premises as quickly as possible.

Especially sitting out there exposed to any passing traffic that could still happen by no matter what time it was.

Norm

Last edited:

CoolFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I experienced the same on my BMW Z4 35is two years ago... Coming back from weekend travel and car just stands on brick at the airport. Video surveillance is not a allowed by law in Germany.
Shitty feeling at midnight in the rain.
Road service could not even tow the car. I had my BMW dealer drive there and mount my winter tires to drive back my car...

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
There was a similar story near ATL about a year ago (posted on this forum). It was quickly reported and someone noticed an ad on eBay for a set of new takeoffs. Police got involved and busted a ring who went round stealing wheel/tire sets on new (looking) cars (not at dealers) in the ATL area. They verified it by the codes on the TPMS. Clever. :headbang:

Hope they get this SOB.

Sponsored

theman1990

1 arm, 4 cars, 0 autos
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech, GT350R
There was a similar story near ATL about a year ago (posted on this forum). It was quickly reported and someone noticed an ad on eBay for a set of new takeoffs. Police got involved and busted a ring who went round stealing wheel/tire sets on new (looking) cars (not at dealers) in the ATL area. They verified it by the codes on the TPMS. Clever. :headbang:

Hope they get this SOB.
Didn't the thieves post them for sale here and it was quickly deleted after someone linked to the story about the stolen wheels? Or am I misremembering?

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
dammit cars like this shold always be parked near the main entrance
Sponsored