Sponsored

Whipple belt chirp

lyarbrough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, 2.9L Whipple S/C
I got an e-mail from FedEx saying my package shipped yesterday, and would be here today.

Same for you all?
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I got an e-mail from FedEx saying my package shipped yesterday, and would be here today.

Same for you all?
Fingers crossed we all get a similar email

lyarbrough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hope so, too!

If you're anything like me, I can't even stand to drive my car with as much noise as it makes. Its pretty much sat for 3 months.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I hope so, too!

If you're anything like me, I can't even stand to drive my car with as much noise as it makes. Its pretty much sat for 3 months.
I can do you one better I installed the OPG, CG, ATI balancer, Whipple stage 2, Corsa extreme cat back and I haven't even driven the car yet due to belt alignment best 10K I've ever spent.:frusty:

lyarbrough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had installed:
Whipple
OPG + crank gear
BMR Springs
BMR Vertical links
BMR Bushing lockout kit
BMR Adjustable rear toe links
BMR RLC arm bushings
Viking shocks
Ford racing Knuckle toe bearing
1 piece drive shaft
Half-shafts
3.31 gears

I drove it for just under a month before the chirp started, drove it for about a month flipping the belts before I started driving my gfs Mazda 3. Lol

I know Whipple will take care of us all, they're good peeps - I hope you guys get your ASAP.

Sponsored

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That's funny as I have been waiting for this tensioner to be released I ordered a bunch of BMR part and the DSS 1400 hp axles as I was bored lol.

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Sounds like a lot of people are bored with their Whipple cars because they can't drive them. You can add me to that list. Switched to the green belt and it was good for about 100 miles and then started squeaking again. Add to it that the car doesn't shift well. I've been regretful of my decision since I first took it to the track. I think a custom tune will fix that but it's now money I didn't plan on spending. Anyway, not to sidetrack the thread. Back to squealing belts.

lyarbrough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am not regretful of my decision. Did it work out as I had hoped, no, but it is what it is. All I care about is it being made right, and at some point getting to enjoy it.

As far as the car doesn't shift well, is that something related to the Whipple? I have the hesitation when going from vacuum to boost, which should be solved with the updated calibration. My voucher I have doesn't work because it says it has been used too many time. I have been told I would be sent a new voucher a couple of times now since August, but have not gotten it, yet. I can at least live with that hesitation, haha.

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Sounds like a lot of people are bored with their Whipple cars because they can't drive them. You can add me to that list. Switched to the green belt and it was good for about 100 miles and then started squeaking again. Add to it that the car doesn't shift well. I've been regretful of my decision since I first took it to the track. I think a custom tune will fix that but it's now money I didn't plan on spending. Anyway, not to sidetrack the thread. Back to squealing belts.
If they have a fix and its on the way why the beef ?

Your not fast enough,throw more money at the car she will pick up
(fuel system,injectors,pully,etc,gears,converter )

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If they have a fix and its on the way why the beef ?

Your not fast enough,throw more money at the car she will pick up
(fuel system,injectors,pully,etc,gears,converter )
I don't think it's a beef thing more like a little disappointment, you spend all that money and then it's a fair amount of work to put it all together. At that point you just want to turn key and go then the next thing you know you are changing spacers and flipping belts around and still have the same problem. We are lucky that Whipple has stood up and HOPEFULLY come up with a fix for us, but if you are going to sell a product for that amount of money it better work and if you don't take care of the problem you won't be in business very long.:cheers:

Sponsored

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
When someone receives the new tensioner please post up some pic's so the rest of us can drool over it until we get ours.:D

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Mine should ship out this week, I just got word from Mike at Whipple.

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
Image of the tensioner assembled without a pulley. There shipped out with all necessary hardware and simple instructions.
Do we have to contact you in order to get these sent out?
Sponsored