Sponsored

2018/19 Shelby GT500 Mustang Spotted! Twin Turbo V8 Powered? [UPDATED WITH VIDEO]

mustangflanagan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
It's Dec not gt350 the good has vents up near the top and I can kind of make out the front bumper it's dif.. Anyone want the pic I can text it so someone can reformat it file is to big.
Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

chrisvr6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the middle of the Hood looks similar to the zl1 but bigger

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
the middle of the Hood looks similar to the zl1 but bigger
:shrug: I'm not seeing that. But the out going and incoming zl1s have hood vents in the bump. The Shebly is no different then the current Shelby America Shelby GT with a hood bump and the GT vents next to the bump.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Hmm looks identical to this teaser so either SA is trolling us or someone else. http://www.mustang6g.com/?p=5195
At least they're adhering to an old Carroll Shelby trick by re-using something for marketing purposes. The first Cobra was repainted a different colour to fool journalists into thinking they'd built more than one ;)

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm looks identical to this teaser so either SA is trolling us or someone else. http://www.mustang6g.com/?p=5195
The hood on that promo doesn't look any deferent to me than the current SHELBY GT hood (Not the Shelby GT350). Same power bump, same hood vents. The only thing the is darkened out in the picture is the grill area. Making me believe that Shelby made a new grill

Edit. I didn't notice the date on the promo you posted. So it is a 2015. I still think since they covered the grill, maybe they have a new one.

DruidBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
The hood on that promo doesn't look any deferent to me than the current SHELBY GT hood (Not the Shelby GT350). Same power bump, same hood vents. The only thing the is darkened out in the picture is the grill area. Making me believe that Shelby made a new grill.
Yea probably that. Whatever the case we can be sure Ford would not let SA debut the next GT500 or even a GT350 refresh.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yea probably that. Whatever the case we can be sure Ford would not let SA debut the next GT500 or even a GT350 refresh.
No, just tuned version the Shebly is sourcing.

Sponsored

ShelbyGT350

Shelby GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 351C Shaker
why is everybody so sure, that a mach 1 is coming our way? A Gt500 might be just as faw away, but since it is the ultimate Version of a Street legal Mustang, it might still come true just to Show everybody what the pinnacle of the Mustang looks like. But why does Ford need to make a Mach 1? Im not trying to step on anybodys toes, just asking sincerely.
Because with a Mach 1 Ford does not have to pay a licensing fee to Shelby!

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
How much are CF wheels? I thought it was like 20k to get them from the OE supplier for Ford? That's not at all an inexpensive option -- not going to be in a 10k package -- that will push the cost way up there. I don't see it happening - those are only on the R model -- 55k msrp, selling for twice that... At msrp, the wheels are a loss leader -- but with ADM...
But ADM goes directly to the dealers pockets not Ford's.

I think so too, so that begs the question; why should Ford make the Mach 1?
BC they can!

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
But ADM goes directly to the dealers pockets not Ford's.
Yes -- but in all the noise, we don't actually know the true production costs to Ford. I wouldn't be surprised if Ford loses money on the R. I would love to see a CF wheel option that I could afford - I just don't see it happening for a few more years.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
awful lot of theatrics for a $250 grille insert
Sponsored