Sponsored

Exhaust Cut outs

fstang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Anyone have exhaust cut outs installed on there 2015 and up mustang? I was looking at the pypes system, just wondering where you guys are installing them. Figure it would be a cool option and leave on the factory exhaust and just run cut outs when I want to be loud. Any info will be very much appreciated.
Sponsored

RogerS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium PP 50th
Been considering cutouts too. Also looking at XForce Varex catback, but not wanting to spend 1300 on a catback

Agent_Kay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Mustang GT
Anyone have exhaust cut outs installed on there 2015 and up mustang? I was looking at the pypes system, just wondering where you guys are installing them. Figure it would be a cool option and leave on the factory exhaust and just run cut outs when I want to be loud. Any info will be very much appreciated.
Yup! Love em. Welded in my stainless works off road headers.
attachment-1.jpg
attachment.jpg

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Interesting! Question - Would the car be stronger with the cutouts open? And how do you operate the cut-outs? Just flip a switch?

Agent_Kay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Mustang GT
Interesting! Question - Would the car be stronger with the cutouts open? And how do you operate the cut-outs? Just flip a switch?
I don't have dyno numbers to prove it but there is definitely a power gain with them being open. The pirellis spin a lot more with them open in 2nd gear. Lol.

Yes the switch is mounted right next to the OBD port so it's tucked out of sight
Sponsored