Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
Hey 89Trooper,
I just got my Ford Racing Strut tower brace for my GT with 18" wheels so I need to install the cross brace and the directions are saying that i need to take off my wipers, did you have to do this? I don't have these tools
No just loosen the clips for the cowl panels and leave the wipers in place. It will flex enough to take out the bolts you need to get to with the wipers still attached.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Cool, thanks!
Now all I need is a torque wrench.
I'm not really the best car mech, didn't think this thing involved removing any plastic clips which I never have luck with.. Lol

OP
OP
89Trooper

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Cool, thanks!
Now all I need is a torque wrench.
I'm not really the best car mech, didn't think this thing involved removing any plastic clips which I never have luck with.. Lol
I lost a plastic clip! :)

They are cheap at the local Ford dealer if you need a replacement.

OP
OP
89Trooper

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What do you guys use for picture hosting? As you can see, I lost all my pictures in my journal and have to go back and re-link them to someplace else.

Any suggestions would be great! :)

Sponsored

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
What do you guys use for picture hosting? As you can see, I lost all my pictures in my journal and have to go back and re-link them to someplace else.

imgur.com

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance

Bummer - sorry to hear that.

I probably shouldn't admit this, but I've been following your mods journal since day one here to figure out what I wanted to do to mine (although I did go with Bob's for the Oil Separator). Steal from the best, as they say.

:hail: Thank you, and I hope you get your journal back up with a minimum of hassles.

OP
OP
89Trooper

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
imgur.com
Thanks! I'm starting to fill the pictures back in.

Bummer - sorry to hear that.

I probably shouldn't admit this, but I've been following your mods journal since day one here to figure out what I wanted to do to mine (although I did go with Bob's for the Oil Separator). Steal from the best, as they say.

:hail: Thank you, and I hope you get your journal back up with a minimum of hassles.
Steal away! :)

OP
OP
89Trooper

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Last edited:
OP
OP
89Trooper

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
aFe Magnum FLOW OER Pro DRY S Air Filter

*Click on any picture for a larger image*

Date completed: 1/31/16

Cost: $62.95 (on Amazon) - Product Details on aFe Website

I decided to switch from a K&N filter to this aFe Dry filter because I unfortunately have to drive and park in a very dusty environment.

This filter still has increased flow over the stock filter, plus you can just vacuum it clean:

Here are some pics if you want to get rid of the stock paper filter and swap it over for an aftermarket air filter.

Simply pop off the two clips holding down the lid:

http://i.imgur.com/7FFv2bx.jpg

With a little bit of wiggling, push the lid toward the front of the car to release it from the three tabs, and it lifts up. The sound-tube surprisingly does not get in the way of doing this at all:

http://i.imgur.com/FMFo2W3.jpg

Then slip in the new filter, close up the lid, and you're done:

http://i.imgur.com/VLy50St.jpg
VLy50Stm.jpg
wr0nVDGm.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
89Trooper

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Steeda Ultra Light Jacking Rails

Date completed: 2/27/16

Cost: $131.55 from Late Model Restoration (I had a coupon for 6% off).

I wish I would have added these months ago. It makes rotating tires a breeze!

Here are the two rails and hardware (they are laid out how you would install them on the red Mustang shown). :)

Edit: Crap! I messed up taking the picture! Oh well, the driver's side one is correct. lol

Installation couldn't be easier.

After removing three existing factory bolts (two up front and one in the rear), you can start the front bolt and then move to the back (this is the driver's side):

Once all four bolts are started and hand-tightened, you can tighten them all up. I tightened all bolts to 55 ft-lbs (this is what the stock ones were before removing them). Move to the other side, and you're done!

I wouldn't try this on the pinch weld: :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I love my jacking rails, too. 3 pumps on my jack and the jack stands are under. So easy.

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
[MENTION=9750]89Trooper[/MENTION] glad you're liking the jacking rails! Thanks for posting :)

OP
OP
89Trooper

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Mishimoto’s Direct-Fit Baffled Oil Catch Can

Date completed: 4/9/16

Link to Michimoto's site

There are a lot of oil catch cans on the market for our cars, and they basically do the same thing, but (in my opinion) none have really looked as good as they performed. Until now. I really like the way this kit looks in the car!

Packaging was excellent. Everything came in perfect condition:

x1UgFRem.jpg
JwhpSFzm.jpg

Two ends come pre-connected to the hoses, but the first thing I did was remove the hose clamps and replace them with cable ties. I think the look is so much cleaner, and there is no chance of the hoses pulling off:

wplrGk7m.jpg

To start off, here is a before shot of the (extremely dirty) engine:

AhCOWCVm.jpg

First thing to remove is the radiator cover by taking out all eight of these guys:

2UHb8fwm.jpg

I also popped off the engine cover to make access easier to the one connector under it (you don't need to remove it all the way - I only did to take pictures). And, of course, remove this:

UvOBoTtm.jpg

Here is the new bracket lying on top of the old one. That wire seems to be in the way of the catch can... but we'll address that later:

Q1DA9iom.jpg

Remove the the two bolts holding down the old bracket (10mm socket) and remove the rubber insert. Insert the rubber insert into the new bracket, and reinstall with the two stock bolts. If you are a torque freak like me, 40 in-lbs works perfectly:

RsVTqFUm.jpg
UR1uToAm.jpg

Now install the fittings into the can. These are tapered and plastic going into metal, so I made them hand-tight, and then snugged them down with a 17mm wrench. Nothing too tight:

jhZLBgMm.jpg

Then using the small screws and washers provided, attach the catch can to the bracket from underneath (2.5mm Allen wrench). I purposely rotated the screws to one side of the slots as you see, as it kept the one fitting away from the windshield wiper fluid filler neck:

qFEugcpm.jpg

Now snap on the pre-connected fittings to the valve cover and to the intake:

0KhIxv9m.jpg
bGI9QFdm.jpg

And now attach the other ends of the hoses to the fittings on the catch can. Again I used black cable ties instead of the hose clamps. Once these are pushed on all the way, rotating them just a little bit will change how the hoses lie in the engine bay. Make sure you are happy with how they look before tightening the hose clamps (or cable ties):

3pdWbVzm.jpg

By the way, here is how that wire runs. This grey zip tie can be removed and then there is plenty of slack to run it around the catch can and under the fittings:

dcihKCnm.jpg
oqXjZC6m.jpg
8KDMYrBm.jpg

Now you can replace the engine cover (if removed) and the radiator cover, and you're done!

Some final pictures of fit and finish:

m9DAU9Rm.jpg
wIMuHjym.jpg
tB9ITL5m.jpg

Now I think I'll clean my engine bay!! :)

Last edited:

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Thanks for the write up Trooper! We are glad that you are enjoying your catch can :thumbsup:

-Sara
Sponsored