Sponsored

Seat Cover Problem - Convertible

mustangguy64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Convertible
The passenger seat cover on my convertible appears to be torn around the "web guide".

Seat Issue.jpg

My dealer thinks at the least it requires a new seat cover but pictures have been sent to Ford. My expectation has been set at "this could take a couple of months to resolve".

Not complaining but just thought I would add it to the odd paint and bootlid issues for people to look out for.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
The passenger seat cover on my convertible appears to be torn around the "web guide".

Seat Issue.jpg

My dealer thinks at the least it requires a new seat cover but pictures have been sent to Ford. My expectation has been set at "this could take a couple of months to resolve".

Not complaining but just thought I would add it to the odd paint and bootlid issues for people to look out for.
I've put this onto the list of 'Things to check before' on the sticky thread, nice spot (Or not nice, depends on how you look at it!) Can they not swap out the seats?

OP
OP

mustangguy64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Convertible
I've put this onto the list of 'Things to check before' on the sticky thread, nice spot (Or not nice, depends on how you look at it!) Can they not swap out the seats?
That was one option mentioned; swap with a cancelled order and have that wait for a new seat.
It's not spoiling my fun so I'll wait and see what Ford come up with; I need to keep in touch with my dealer since he's promised to fit my new front grille and is trying to sell me a service plan.
3 services and 1 MOT for the Ecoboost is £704.00 or £21.44 plus 32 months at £21.33.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
That was one option mentioned; swap with a cancelled order and have that wait for a new seat.
It's not spoiling my fun so I'll wait and see what Ford come up with; I need to keep in touch with my dealer since he's promised to fit my new front grille and is trying to sell me a service plan.
3 services and 1 MOT for the Ecoboost is £704.00 or £21.44 plus 32 months at £21.33.
704 quid aint too bad, is it? :lol:

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 get v8 ucl mag grey & e93 m3 cp
it might just had pulled out of the plastic. my m3 is a pain for that.

Sponsored

sese

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastian
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Same problem with the seat here. Went to the dealer and they ordered a new seat back, that was two weeks ago. Have not heard anything yet.

ConqSoft

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium Vert, '16 428xi M Sport Vert
I noticed it on mine as well, though not as pronounced yet. I haven't brought it to the dealer's attention yet, but I guess I will now.
Sponsored