Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Yeah, you will, but my response was to a statement that said "The 2018 will need at least 470 hp to hang with the SS.", not "The 2018 will need at least 470 hp for a 6spd manual to hang with an 8spd automatic SS."

Driving enjoyment, and having the fastest car possible are two different things -- and the auto is always going to be faster in a straight line assuming no other changes, including the driver. Chevy's own numbers say an auto equipped SS goes 0-60 in 4.0 seconds, and a manual in 4.3 seconds.

If you compare apples to apples, the 10r80 is going to do wonders for the Mustang, and it will hang just fine with an auto Camaro. And even if there is only a 15-20hp increase, with updates to the 6spd I am sure the manual will hang with a manual SS too.
Just adding the 10 speed will get the mustang nearly on par with the camaro with no other upgrades. This will be the biggest saving face if the HP comes in at 455.
Sponsored

axon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Hey guys, just got finished talking to the rep.
However, she told me that the timeline for the '18s is for an October 1st startup with first production units being delivered to dealers by mid-end of December depending on the OKTB date. Might make for some good Christmas presents!!
Do you know around what date you can start putting in orders for the '18s?

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Hey guys, just got finished talking to the rep.

According to her, Order guides should be available for almost all of the 18 model year. (I just checked, no Mustang yet) If they're not up now, give them 2 more weeks. We'll hear about the Mustang stuff though because she said "It'll be a big announcement from Ford." It sucks that I don't find out before all of you do. You would think working at a dealership we would have some sort of inside scoop... That is not the case.:shrug:

She did tell me that the order guide companion stuff is not okay to share yet, please wait for Ford's announcement.

However, she told me that the timeline for the '18s is for an October 1st startup with first production units being delivered to dealers by mid-end of December depending on the OKTB date. Might make for some good Christmas presents!!
Dealerships are always the last to know in the chain....been that way forever.

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
In that case, we should know the power ratings within 17 days.

I wouldn't be surprised if the order banks opened before full specs are revealed. It's been done before.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Whatever we might want as enthusiasts, from Ford's corporate point of view the Mustang has shown traditionally that it doesn't really need to beat Chevy in performance. Mustang sales are and have been strong even in periods when the Camaro had the performance lead. The Mustang has typically done better than the Camaro at appealing to the mainstream car buyer who just wants something that looks sporty and has "enough" power, while still being practical and easy to live with.

That being said I hope the 2018 model has 460 HP+, and a factory tune that doesn't suck the life out of it.