Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

carguy1701

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium
I get your point. We all would like to be able to pick and choose every last option.

My point was that I did not like it when they combined a safety feature with a non-safety feature. It may now be All or Nothing, but before it was All Over the Map.
That's fair.

FWIW, I would have had rain sensing wipers, seat memory, and auto high beams in one package, then blind spot, lane departure, and the pre-collision system in another.

Just my $0.02
Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
That's fair.

FWIW, I would have had rain sensing wipers, seat memory, and auto high beams in one package, then blind spot, lane departure, and the pre-collision system in another.

Just my $0.02
last year, to get the rain sensing wipers, you had to have the ACC, which was nuts!, but lucky for me I wanted the ACC as only cost me $500, and all the bits that go with it

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I wish the digital display was part of the PP. I like to glance at road speed right at the braking point, and that display would make that task easier. As a novice, it's good to know your true entry speed, because overcooking the corner is a bad thing.

As it is, this display with digital speed is part of a $2200 package that is primarily about luxury, and not performance.
And in that 401A package is Navigation. Who wants Ford's $800 Nav when Android Auto beats it hands down?

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I wish the digital display was part of the PP. I like to glance at road speed right at the braking point, and that display would make that task easier. As a novice, it's good to know your true entry speed, because overcooking the corner is a bad thing.

As it is, this display with digital speed is part of a $2200 package that is primarily about luxury, and not performance.
And in that 401A package is Navigation. Who wants Ford's $800 Nav when Android Auto beats it hands down?

I'm glad the PP does not include the digital dash. When I'm driving a performance car I don't spend much time looking at the gauges and I don't want to pay for that kind of tech. Little things here and there sure, but not a digital instrument cluster.

Sponsored

JGillis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus SHO
[ame]

The guys are a little clueless not realizing there's a bunch of pre 2018 mustangs in there but cool to see anyway.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV

The guys are a little clueless not realizing there's a bunch of pre 2018 mustangs in there but cool to see anyway.
Video "unavailable" (removed by the user) ... Ford probably had it yanked for some reason. :shrug:

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
I know it has been said before and I am sorry for beating a dead horse.

Wasn't the Mustang supposed to be affordable for the masses? If I were to spec out the same basic car that my 2017 is, it would cost $5,000 more. Mine has one option on it.

I'm just saying that it would be nice if Ford would've kept the Mustang as it was initially intended.

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market

Wasn't the Mustang supposed to be affordable for the masses? If I were to spec out the same basic car that my 2017 is, it would cost $5,000 more. Mine has one option on it.

I'm just saying that it would be nice if Ford would've kept the Mustang as it was initially intended.
Just like the shrinking middle class. There is no money in the middle. Higher end performance cars and lower end eco boxes are where it's at for selling high volume cheap cars to produce with low margins. And higher end to supercar for the collectors and enthusiasts to break the bank if they truly think it's worth it.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

It is...you just now need to opt for the EB instead of the 5.0 for affordability.

Quite honestly, all of the current 5.0 folk should be jumping for joy...as the price increases probably just increased their residual values.

Sponsored

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette

Tell me about it..... My exact PPGT is now 47,685 Before TTL..

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes

Totally with you on this one. It's going to make it really hard for people to defend those little panel fit issues and interior squeaks on a car that is $50K.

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
It is...you just now need to opt for the EB instead of the 5.0 for affordability.

Quite honestly, all of the current 5.0 folk should be jumping for joy...as the price increases probably just increased their residual values.

I wouldn't mind picking up the Affordable model if it wasn't a 4 cylinder.... They need the Eco 6 and make it sound like the Ford GT and I'll make the switch.... Otherwise I expect a repeat of the Camaro.

Anyway, I said this would happen last year.... Hence, why I hold the same opinion... Competition is not always a good thing.

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
Is this option typically only offered on the Premium? Also is it only hardware or software for the difference of this option versus the Premium radio with the single disc and 9 speakers? I wanted the 301A with the Nav and HD Radio but it's not offered, this typical?

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1

Someone who doesn't want to use data like me.
Sponsored