Sponsored

Ford Sponsoring 2017 Woodward Dream Cruise; 2018 Mustang Featured at Mustang Alley

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Ford will be the presenting sponsor of the 2017 Woodward Dream Cruise and if you're a Mustang owner you can register here (open until August 12th) for the 19th annual Mustang Alley where Ford will have several 2018 Mustangs on display.

Woodward-Dream-Cruise.jpg

FORD CELEBRATES CAR CULTURE AND DRIVING FUN WITH SPONSORSHIP OF ICONIC WOODWARD DREAM CRUISE
  • In support of the 2017 Woodward Dream Cruise, Ford becomes presenting sponsor of America’s largest annual celebration of automotive history and culture
  • Any Ford Mustang owner can register for the 19th annual Mustang Alley, the largest Mustang Alley event ever featuring hundreds of Mustangs of all years on display, including new 2018 Mustang
  • Ford Driving Skills for Life ignites passion in the next generation of driving enthusiasts; program teaches advanced driving skills to new drivers so they can make safe, smart decisions behind the wheel
DEARBORN, Mich., July 11, 2017 – Ford is building on its rich history of iconic cars and community building as presenting sponsor of the 2017 Woodward Dream Cruise, America's largest annual celebration of automotive history and culture.

This year’s Woodward Dream Cruise takes place Aug. 19 and is expected to attract more than 1.2 million people and 40,000 cars.

“Dream Cruise is all about the sheer joy and freedom of the automobile, and Ford has always celebrated car culture,” said Mark LaNeve, Ford Vice President, U.S. Marketing Sales and Service. “From Fiesta to GT, we’re obsessed with making driving fun and we’re committed to celebrating that passion with enthusiasts of all ages in the birthplace of motoring.”

In addition to backing the Dream Cruise, Ford is also bringing back Mustang Alley for its 19th year. This year’s Mustang Alley will be the largest ever, featuring even more examples of the iconic muscle car, including the new 2018 Mustang, which hits dealer showrooms later this year. All Mustang owners are welcome to take part in this celebration by registering for Mustang Alley here.

Ford Mustang has long held a special place in the history of American cars and the Woodward Dream Cruise. In 1995, the Dream Cruise’s inaugural year, the top-performing Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R was noteworthy for its 300 horsepower 5.8-liter V8. Today, a 2017 Ford Performance Mustang Shelby® GT350R features 526 horsepower and a 5.2-liter flat plane crank V8 that is both the most power-dense and the most powerful naturally aspirated road-going engine in Ford history.

In addition to the fun-to-drive Ford Mustang GT350 and GT350R, Ford Performance also offers a wide lineup of vehicles to meet almost any budget or terrain, including Fiesta ST, Focus ST, F-150 Raptor and the Ford GT supercar with a top speed of 216 mph – the highest ever for any Ford production vehicle.

The fun of driving can be even more thrilling for first-time drivers. To help newly licensed drivers master their vehicles, Ford is bringing its award-winning Driving Skills For Life program to the Woodward Dream Cruise for the first time. Young enthusiasts and new drivers will get the opportunity to learn safe driving techniques with the help of a new virtual reality app with Ford Driving Skills for Life. The educational experience is being hosted by Ford Motor Company Fund, the philanthropic arm of Ford Motor Company.

“We are elated to have Ford Motor Company’s commitment to the Woodward Dream Cruise, and we look forward to working together on this annual tradition that puts our region in the national and international spotlight,” said Tony Michaels, executive director, Woodward Dream Cruise. “Ford consistently strives to make the Detroit region stronger, and we are incredibly grateful for their partnership.”
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I soooooooo wanted to be there this year, but flights from the UK in August are £1200. When I flew to Detroit two years ago, it was £700 :(

Sounds like the 2017 Dream Cruise is going to be, potentially, the best yet for Ford fans :)

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Ford will have an increased presence at Woodward this year as you can expect, with more than 650 Mustangs on display at Mustang Alley.

They will also have four new display locations along Woodward Ave from 9 Mile Road to 15 Mile Road:
  • Westborn Market, Berkley: Ford will host a “Driving Skills For Life” trailer where young drivers can learn safe driving techniques.
  • Uncle Ed’s Oil Shoppe, Royal Oak: Ford display its Performance Parts vehicles, including the Cobra Jet and Boss 302R and other vehicles that are "track ready," or designed for use only on drag strips and race tracks.
  • Pioneer Park, Royal Oak: Ford will display its lineup of Ford SUVs and crossovers at the Family Fun Zone at Pioneer Park.
  • Intersection of Woodward and Old Woodward, Birmingham: A display of Ford’s Performance Car lineup, including the Ford GT, Focus ST, Fiesta ST and F-150 Raptor.

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
  • Intersection of Woodward and Old Woodward, Birmingham: A display of Ford’s Performance Car lineup, including the Ford GT, Focus ST, Fiesta ST and F-150 Raptor.
This was GM's spot last year, and to me it's the best spot! This year is gonna be awesome! :ford:

Sponsored

5PointSlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150

whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
I'm flying out of Detroit on the 19th!
Any idea when Mustang alley prep begins?
I really want to see a 2018 in person before I leave.
I'd be willing to go super early before my flight if it's possible.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I used to live in the Detroit area, and used to help out organizing things at 13 Mile & Woodward Ave.

It's a great time for car folks. People come from all over the world, it's mayhem. For those that live in the area it's a giant PITA for 3 days. A few years I scheduled vacation during the Dream Cruise and visited family on the other side of the state.

The East Coast Black out of 2003 happened the weekend of the Dream Cruise. All of the metro Detroit area without power, and I was living in the ghetto at the time. Those were some interesting days I tell ya. The only way for us to get any info after the power went out was the Chrysler display tractor trailer that had it's own power and satellite TV. If it wasn't for them, we would have had 0 knowledge of what was happening.

It's good that Ford is working their stuff this year. Maybe they'll release some specs for the 2018 Mustang there.

Last edited:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I'm flying out of Detroit on the 19th!
Any idea when Mustang alley prep begins?
I really want to see a 2018 in person before I leave.
I'd be willing to go super early before my flight if it's possible.
Prep begins on, like, Tuesday. The Dream Cruise is really on Friday, Saturday and Sunday........or at least that's how things used to work.

I would think Ford would have things up and running by Friday mid-day, the 18th. Be prepared for hellacious traffic.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I know there are related threads, but if you attended the 2017 Woodward/Mustang Alley feel free to share your photos and experiences here!

FORD TAKES OVER THE 2017 WOODWARD DREAM CRUISE

DETROIT, Mich – This year marked the 23rd annual Woodward Dream Cruise in the heart of The Motor City, attracting some 40,000 head-turning vehicles rolling up and down historic Woodward Avenue. If you've never attended the Woodward Dream Cruise in suburban Detroit, then you're missing the biggest single-day automotive event on the planet where nearly 1.3 million people come each year to witness an automotive happening. Ford Motor Company stepped up in a big way by serving as the presenting sponsor for the 2017 edition of America’s annual celebration of automotive history and culture.

In addition to backing the Dream Cruise, Ford brought back Mustang Alley for its 19th year. This year’s Mustang Alley proved be the largest ever, featuring even more examples of the iconic muscle car, including the new 2018 Mustang GT. Ford also introduced its award-winning “Driving Skills For Life” program to the Woodward Dream Cruise for the first time. The initiative gives young enthusiasts and new drivers alike the opportunity to learn safe driving techniques with the help of a new Ford “Driving Skills for Life” virtual reality app.

On August 19th, Ford Performance cruised along Woodward the entire day, and stopped by each separate Ford display. We had a camera crew with us to capture a glimpse at some of the sights, sounds and people who celebrated Ford at the 2107 Woodward Dream Cruise.
[ame]

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

eleanor5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MY
I really wanted to see these new forged wheels make an appearance but none of the M cars had them :(
I did get a ton of Lightning blue pics for the 2018 body though.
None of the engineers would talk about the Perf Pack 2 either. All I got was a vague "Soon" they will release the info.

26EJEq.jpg

2018s in Lightning Blue...

qecfnl.jpg

8hvzPg.jpg

RL6waV.jpg

j1A6Q0.jpg

http://cubeupload.com/im/qecfnl.jpg
http://cubeupload.com/im/8hvzPg.jpg
http://cubeupload.com/im/RL6waV.jpg
http://cubeupload.com/im/j1A6Q0.jpg

Blue trim stitching
TxOraP.jpg

http://cubeupload.com/im/TxOraP.jpg

Last edited:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I don't know. It's okay. I'm still not really liking the new design, but I said the same thing about the S550 cars when they first came out though. Not too crazy about the front end and the hood.
I do like the looks of the 2015-2017 models, but I still think my 2013 looks more aggressive then the 2015-2018 models.

f e r

Dapper.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fach 1 / Jeep SRT8
I really wanted to see these new forged wheels make an appearance but none of the M cars had them :(
I did get a ton of Lightning blue pics for the 2018 body though.
None of the engineers would talk about the Perf Pack 2 either. All I got was a vague "Soon" they will release the info.

2018s in Lightning Blue...

http://cubeupload.com/im/qecfnl.jpg
http://cubeupload.com/im/8hvzPg.jpg
http://cubeupload.com/im/RL6waV.jpg
http://cubeupload.com/im/j1A6Q0.jpg

Blue trim stitching
TxOraP.jpg

http://cubeupload.com/im/TxOraP.jpg
Love the Red Recaros :love:
Sponsored