Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
well that's unfortunate. :doh:
Well it's a crazy F'ed up world. Even if Ford didn't care or even preferred people to DIY, they could be sued if someone messed up their car and they failed to try to prevent them from getting the files, not to mention failing to protect IP can be used against them in some future IP dispute.
Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Well it's a crazy F'ed up world. Even if Ford didn't care or even preferred people to DIY, they could be sued if someone messed up their car and they failed to try to prevent them from getting the files, not to mention failing to protect IP can be used against them in some future IP dispute.
Pretty sure SYNC3 is Blackberry... Not Ford. ;)

Sponsored

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
stupid question; would android auto work with an android tablet?

Sponsored

5.0hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
hey guys, so I've done some research but I guess not well enough? I have the upgrade done on the radio already but just got a new iphone, so to make this work with the iPhone I have to get the new center console port right? If I do that though, will I lose functionality of my USB port under the head unit?

Sal33n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2018 Alfa Stelvio
hey guys, so I've done some research but I guess not well enough? I have the upgrade done on the radio already but just got a new iphone, so to make this work with the iPhone I have to get the new center console port right? If I do that though, will I lose functionality of my USB port under the head unit?
No, the upgraded single port hub will let you retain the functionality of that port also. The new hub has the same connection that runs to the front port just like the original does. It's just the newer port has the necessary hardware built in it to let apple car play function.

5.0hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
No, the upgraded single port hub will let you retain the functionality of that port also. The new hub has the same connection that runs to the front port just like the original does. It's just the newer port has the necessary hardware built in it to let apple car play function.
Oh ok, thank you very much for the info! Does anyone know if the swap is hard to do?

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
Oh ok, thank you very much for the info! Does anyone know if the swap is hard to do?
extremely simple; takes less than 5 minutes
Sponsored