papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
It's not of any use to those with a EU spec car who have disabled the ugly fog lights DRLs and have installed the tribars. It's for those who haven't done it yet. If you have installed the tribars, they cannot be disabled by this process.

However, it should be of great use if you have also installed the switch-back turn signals that function as DRLs as well and you would like to be able to disable them and simply have the tribars on! You can disable and enable them at will.

I am still waiting for my modified headlights to arrive, so in the meanwhile I have disabled the fog lights DRLs using FORSCAN. Also, while waiting for my modified headlights, I used FORSCAN to enable my parking lights to function as DRLs! I love this program!
Ok, this could be useful also to those who have installed the tribars, to disable the fog lights drl, because it's true that you can simply disconnect them (like I did) but IIRC I should have an error code when connecting forscan regarding those lights.
I imagine you can't set front blinkers as drl, right?
Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Ok, this could be useful also to those who have installed the tribars, to disable the fog lights drl, because it's true that you can simply disconnect them (like I did) but IIRC I should have an error code when connecting forscan regarding those lights.
I imagine you can't set front blinkers as drl, right?
Stefano, actually I think you can! Go to this post in the thread:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1824788&postcount=1559

This is how I disabled the frickin' fog DRLs and enabled the parking lights.

Also, I think I know why you ask this: You like the American style amber DRLs along with the tribars! I might do that as well!

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
So whats the main difference here between enabling all of these lights as DRLs versus just driving with the parking lights on? Just so you can customize which lights actually come on? Or does it have to do with the tri-bar lights being brighter as DRLs than they are when in the parking light mode? Anyone else notice this?
No rear lights, for one.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Stefano, actually I think you can! Go to this post in the thread:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1824788&postcount=1559

This is how I disabled the frickin' fog DRLs and enabled the parking lights.

Also, I think I know why you ask this: You like the American style amber DRLs along with the tribars! I might do that as well!
It's because when installing switchbacks (to have white 'drls' in turning lights when driving that switches to blinking amber when turning) we also need to use the '+' wire from the near parking lights. If we could enable turning lights to stays on we don't need switchbacks :)
Oh btw in this way the light that stays on is amber... we still need to rewire :-\

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Most probably you are right (you are the lights expert), we may still need to rewire. But I will give it a try anyway, to see if it works by any chance. It will only take a few minutes to test. Will let you know.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Stefano, I made the change and I am glad to tell you that it works perfectly: I managed to make the turn lights to stay on (like US cars), without the need to rewire anything at all! Just followed the instructions on my previous post. See picture below.

To be honest, I love it that way, so actually I may not install the switchbacks at all.

picture.jpg

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Do you know if PCM data can be changed with the forscan. I am also curious if I can us a J2534 adapter to make changes in Forscan. I think line 5 in the data below is the line for auto vs manual in the PCM. The data on the left is my manual PP car and the data on the right is the auto car. I would like to load my as built data to the PCM then use the forscan to change the one line.

My CAR 1FA6P8CF9F5315160
PCM Modules PCM Modules
PCM 1 FFFF* FFFF* FF0C* PCM 1 FFFF* FFFF* FF0C*
PCM 2 FFFF* FFFF* FF0D* PCM 2 FFFF* FFFF* FF0D*
PCM 3 FFFF* 03FF* 1F32* PCM 3 FFFF* 03FF* 1F32*
PCM 4 FFFF* 2F14* 2176* PCM 4 FFFF* 2F14* 2176*
PCM 5 1F2F* FFFF* FF60* PCM 5 2F2F* FFFF* FF70*
PCM 6 FFFF* FFFF* FF11* PCM 6 FFFF* FFFF* FF11*
PCM 7 FFFF* FFFF* FF12* PCM 7 FFFF* FFFF* FF12*
PCM 8 FFFF* FFFF* FF13* PCM 8 FFFF* FFFF* FF13*
PCM 9 FFFF* FFFF* FF14* PCM 9 FFFF* FFFF* FF14*

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Stefano, I made the change and I am glad to tell you that it works perfectly: I managed to make the turn lights to stay on (like US cars), without the need to rewire anything at all! Just followed the instructions on my previous post. See picture below.

To be honest, I love it that way, so actually I may not install the switchbacks at all.
This is really cool! Thanks for the test.
So, with a trick we can have amber running lights like in US, but we cannot have white running lights and amber blinkers simply replacing blinkers with switchbacks because US cars have three wires (parking\running signal, turning signal and ground) and we have only two wires (turning signal and ground).

Setting this way you also should disable the standard small square parking\running lights because they are white :D

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
This is really cool! Thanks for the test.
So, with a trick we can have amber running lights like in US, but we cannot have white running lights and amber blinkers simply replacing blinkers with switchbacks because US cars have three wires (parking\running signal, turning signal and ground) and we have only two wires (turning signal and ground).

Setting this way you also should disable the standard small square parking\running lights because they are white :D
I know and I did! This is really cool indeed.

Another thing that you should know is that I also tried disabling the amber DRLs through the Instrument Panel Cluster lighting menu (as per my previous post #1599) and it works fine. I just received the headlights with the DD tribars installed and I will put them on next week. So it's good to know that we can turn on and off the amber DRLs (or any other light assigned to function as DRL) whenever we want and leave the tribars on alone or in combination with any other light assigned to function as DRL!

FORSCAN rocks! :headbang:

Last edited:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
If someone wants to setup a new document, I have a ton of stuff that can be added to it. I don't have much time to deal with formatting a whole new document, but it would be nice, to have one in a stickied post on here, and maybe just keep this post open for new findings and general discussion.
I can do that if you want. Let me know so that I PM you my email address.

Sponsored

jeffdeq

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible White Platinum
I was referred to this thread to inquire about a modification. I have an F350 Super Duty that shows what gear I am in when driving. I have seen that the Mustang only shows the gear you are in for a few seconds when you tap a paddle while driving. I would like the gear light to remain on.
I have a 2017 GT Premium convertible with an automatic. I did a search on the forum but it does not appear anyone has asked this. I am impressed with computer skills you guys have demonstrated. I really enjoy this vehicle and l am impressed with many of the mods you have developed. If anyone feels like researching this it would be very much appreciated.
Jeff

Last edited:

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I was referred to this thread to inquire about a modification. I have an F350 Super Duty that shows what gear I am in when driving. I have seen that the Mustang only shows the gear you are in for a few seconds when you tap a paddle while driving. I would like the gear light to remain on.
I have a 2017 GT Premium convertible with an automatic. I did a search on the forum but it does not appear anyone has asked this. I am impressed with computer skills you guys have demonstrated. I really enjoy this vehicle and l am impressed with many of the mods you have developed. If anyone feels like researching this it would be very much appreciatived.
Jeff
Jeff,

I'd love to know that too. I'm not sure anyone has figured that out yet. At least I combed through the pages and have seen others ask and haven't seen an answer yet. The reason it goes away after a few seconds is if you are in normal auto mode and you use the paddles, the first chance the computer gets, it takes over in auto again. If you put it in sport mode and manually shift, the gear indicator will stay on.

I know that's not what you're looking for, me either. I'd like to be able to see the gear even in auto normal. I know tuners can set that with an aftermarket tune. I saw Tune+ was able to do it. I just haven't seen a way using FORScan yet.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Tune+ and COBB OTS maps indeed enable this feature. I have it on my car since I first installed the COBB Stage 1 map and I still have it after I switched to an e-Tune by Tune+. It's a very nice feature as I know what gear I am in when I am in auto mode (D). Would be interesting to see if this is a feature that can also be enabled using FORSCAN.

Last edited:

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
interesting...mind logging your IPC values and sharing them to see if anything stands out?

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=26415]solodogg[/MENTION] I downloaded my car's As-Built data, which contains all information from before I got tuned. Then I compared the IPC module values on the original As-Built file with my current IPC values (after I got tuned). No difference at all.
Sponsored